• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Designed Pokémon?

Any evolution that consists of multiple amounts of the same Pokemon, like Dugtrio, Giaru, etc. The "starter" insects are also pretty badly designed and too basic[
I agree with all of this. When a pokemon evolves, I expect it to undergo significant changes, not just an extra, uhhhh... thing. That ice cream pokemon and the gear thing are good examples of this.

The elemental genies, for one, Probopass, for another, and Bidoof and its evolution, for a third and fourth. I also have a really hard time connecting Rhyperior to Rhydon, and Lickilicky just seems like a step down from Lickitung. And I will never ever get how one would look at the... thing on Manectric's head and think it looks good.

This, especially Probopass it looks like Eugene Levy. Electrike's cute in the anime though.

I agree with all of this. When a pokemon evolves, I expect it to undergo significant changes, not just an extra, uhhhh... thing. That ice cream pokemon and the gear thing are good examples of this.

Koffing and Dugtrio too.

i would say that new water pony :/ i want to like it (since we haven't been given a new horse pokemon since gen 1!) but that mane/crest thing is just...no. JUST. NO.

Arceus.
There were myriads of more, and better, possibilities, considering it is THE CREATOR OF SINNOH.

Personally, I think Maggyo is the worst-designed Pokemon thus far. I mean, what is it supposed to be? A flat fish of some kind, right? I don't really like how it was given a goofy-looking face. Its eyes are just expressionless, and it looks like it has a beak :[

There are more than a few designs that I really don't like, but oh my god...the genies.

Seriously, those things are just...off.

Generation I Pokemon in general. Most evolutions are only slightly different from their pre-evos, stretched out forms of their pre-evos, or 3 of their pre-evos in one Pokemon, or maybe even simple recolors or size changes. That points out nearly 2/3rds of the original 151 mons if not a bit more than that. Though honestly even then I don't have too much of a problem with the 649 mons in the entire series, not even with Jynx (Unless it happens to be using it's older design from older media that is).

most of the legendaries, like dialga, palkia, giratina, and especially darkrai. i just dont like darkrai...

i kind of dont like venusaur, cuz half of his body is that giant flower on his back and thats all you can see of him in the video games.

i really dont like cherubi. that was just stupid of them to make a fruit pokemon.

also, i think that the sandy-cloaked wormadam looks like a slice of pizza.

the new one, Roobushin, that one just look wrong with big veins and those blocks is that part of the body? :p

180px-618Maggyo.png

There are alot of badly designed pokemon in my opinion; they've gotten better at it over the years but some old pokemon just evolve into bigger forms of themselves. A pokemon is supposed to look similar to its prevolution but shouldn't just multiply (Magnemite) or grow another head (Doduo). Not to say these are bad pokemon, but it feels like the desgners hit a wall and one of them just said: 'Screw it, lets just stick five of them together and say it evolved'. In my opinion, the more shiny bells and whistles the better, so long as a pokemon doesn't drown in them.

This thread is for appearance wise, not stat,typing,move,etc wise. Sorry if I sound offensive but what you were talking about Gigaiath does not match this thread. Please say this at the New Pokemon Disscusion http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=53019&page=1254

oh? And who are you to say what I said is not matching this thread? You didn't make it. Unless the TC says otherwise, I think gameplay stats and movesets count just as much toward "design" as the appearance.

Lickilicky, Tangrowth, and Arceus.

Lickilicky just looks creepy, and a fatter Lickitung. Plus, the name just doesn't work. I mean, come on. Lickiappendage would have worked better.

Tangrowth looks like an ugly hybrid between a human and a Tangela. GameFreak, you lost me on that one.

Arceus is great and all, but he looks like he can barely move. Besides, he just doesn't look like the god pokemon to me... Just some weird white horse-giraffe with a giant yellow ring around his abdomen... :eek:hdear:

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom