• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Error In The Pokémon anime

In the episode that introduced Eevee at least in the Norwegian Dub Brock clearly says at one point "I have a Vulpix who really wants to be a Ninetails"... 20 minutes later "Oh I don't want to force my Pokèmon to evolve". You just ruined Vulpix' dream Brock. Good job.

Pikachu loosing against Snivy because he can't use electric moves...though this probably doesn't count as much as an error as Ash just being stupid again. Electric moves aren't very good against grass types in the first place and since Pikachu DOES have other perfectly reasonable moves he was wasting his time that entire battle.

Baby_Nidoqueen_and_Baby_Rhyhorn.png

That is all.

Maybe Mewtwo tampered with the genetics when he cloned the parents.

It always seriously bugged me when the coloring got screwed up. It happened frequently in older episodes and still crops up occassionally, but it was always bizarre. Nidorans were almost always reversed in their colors if they showed up in the background (lilac male and pink female), and the Gyarados's yellow mouth being blue in a particular close-up frame from the First Movie that was used as a promo image are two that come immediately to mind.

Sizing issues are also pretty obnoxious. Pikachu shrinks and grows at will and Venusaurs can be as big as a freakin' house or as tiny as a Parasect, evidently. -And Ash's crews run into new people all the time who are seriously twice their height. Apparently Ash is 3 feet tall, or the Pokemon universe is chock full of giants.

for the double pikachu one.......

guy#1 in the animation department: pikachu should go on ash's shoulder!

guy#2 in the animation department: no, he should go on the ground!

guy#3 in the animation department: i got it! let's put pikachu in both places! that way everyone's happy, and I'm SURE no one will notice

and also, did anyone else notice that piplup is halfway sunken into the ground in that picture?

The worst error would be Jenny/Ash transformation in DP096.
I mean, seriously?
DP096_Error.gif
Because my computer lags out GIF animations first time they're played I saw Ash DID in fact run up next to Jenny in that shot. The question is however why she randomly disappeared once Ash came into the frame. (I could see her hat behind him, and then poof. Ash must have eaten her.)

Most of Ash's Kanto gym battles. Not so much errors as just...eerrgghh

I mean really? Setting off the sprinklers to beat Onix with a Pikachu? Really? He won the Cascade badge because he saved Cerulean Gym from Team Rocket, he got the Marsh badge from making Sabrina laugh, etc.

Someone already beat me to the "Bulbasaur, use whirlwind!" error T.T

Finally, this wasn't an error, so much as a....well I don't know what. But when Jessie's hair became purple in the digital episodes, yet in the AG movies, it was still red. I know it's because of coloring methods, but I doubt that they can't produce the shade of purple in traditional coloring.

I remember this one episode at a dojo where a girl with Hitmontop was going to take down a guy with Hitmonlee that threatened to take her dojo if she lost.

So, it's nightime and tomorrow is the big fight, right? Well, she says "HitmonLEE and I are gonna destroy him!"

I replayed it again and again. I laughed everytime.

On the episode The Fourth Round Rumble, Janette says that Belprout's legs act like a pair of lightning rods, so electric attacks won't work. That isn't true because lightning rods attracts lightning and gets it's energy. Now what she should have said the legs act like a pair of grounds, which do exactly what Belsprout's legs are doing with Pikachu's electric attack.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom