• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Legendary Pokemon!

Worst Legendary

• Zapdos

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Articuno

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Moltres

• Mew

• Mewtwo

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Entei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raikou

• Suicune

• Lugia

• Ho-Oh

• Celebi

• Regirock

• Regice

• Registeel

• Latios

• Latias

• Kyogre

• Groudon

• Rayquaza

• Jirachi

• Deoxys

• Azelf

• Mesprit

• Uxie

• Dialga

• Palkia

• Giratina

• Cresselia

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Darkrai

• Manaphy

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Phione

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • Heatran

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 26 14.6%
  • Shaymin

• Arceus

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Victini

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Cobalion

• Terrakion

• Virizion

• Tornadus

• Thundurus

• Landorus

• Zekrom

• Reshiram

• Kyurem

• Meloetta

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Genesect

• Keldeo

• Xerneas

• Yveltal

• Zygarde

• Diancie

• Hoopa

• Volcanion

• Type: Null

• Silvally

• Tapu Koko

• Tapu Lele

• Tapu Bulu

• Tapu Fini

• Cosmog

• Cosmoem

• Solgaleo

• Lunala

• Necrozma

• Magearna

• Marshadow

• Zeraora

• Total voters
I voted for Regigigas, but really all 4 of the Regi's are just plain awful. And when you think about the amount of work everyone had to put in back in Gen 3 to catch the Regi's?! SMH, pissed me off back then, how awful they were. And then Gen 4 brought us Regigigas. I actually don't mind its design, though it really should be a little bigger, but its ability makes it even worse than the first 3.

EDIT: Wanna also say I personally don't care for Arceus. I've never had or battled one so it has nothing to do with stats or movepool. I just think it was an unnecessary addition to the Pokemon universe. There was no reason for them to make a Pokemon God that created everything and then make it possible for you to catch it. That raises so many problems that I can't believe GF really went through with it. Arceus is probably the poster boy for the idea that the legendaries have gotten out of hand.

Last edited:
i just dont like regice because it seems like the worst regi. i also think its name is weird

I always found Heatran kind of random and unnecessary. It just kind of showed up at the volcano unexplained. To me, Heatran was the poster child of the "Sinnoh has too many legendaries" belief among fans.
(I also found it's design creepy looking)

Wanna also say I personally don't care for Arceus. I've never had or battled one so it has nothing to do with stats or movepool. I just think it was an unnecessary addition to the Pokemon universe. There was no reason for them to make a Pokemon God that created everything and then make it possible for you to catch it. That raises so many problems that I can't believe GF really went through with it. Arceus is probably the poster boy for the idea that the legendaries have gotten out of hand.

I think Arceus has a cool design, and he certainly gives off a powerful vibe to me, but I really hate the concept of a Creator God Pokemon. It raises far too many problems, hell I think of all the main Gen IV Legendaries do with how powerful they are. To a lesser extent, Groudon, Rayquaza and Kyogre could also be seen as being too over the top, depending on how their power is handled (I don't think any one Pokemon should be capable of destroying the world). I really do think Legendaries have gotten out of hand, both in power and abundance.

Again, Phione isn't a legendary. :/

I voted Heatran. It's just kind of random and strange, and it has one glaring x4 weakness that makes it useless against the wrong Pokemon. It looks cool, but it's definitely out-of-place.

It loses to Regigigas as worst because I like Regigigas's cry, and I think it's cool that it's connected to the Regis from Hoenn.

I really dislike the lake and kami trio, but mostly because of their designs rather than their fighting abilities. In terms of fighting, I think Phione is pretty bad. Then again, I am not a fan of its design either. :/

Regigias is shit. The fact that it is so useless inspite of being so difficult to get is the final nail on its coffin. Even Archeops(made fun of as the Regigigas of Gen5) can be useful with Acrobatics.

Phione. But Manaphy and Regigigas are close too. And concept-wise Arceus.

I voted Phione.
Regigigas is usable in Double/Triple battles if you have a Pokemon with Gastro Acid.

I think Arceus has a cool design, and he certainly gives off a powerful vibe to me, but I really hate the concept of a Creator God Pokemon. It raises far too many problems, hell I think of all the main Gen IV Legendaries do with how powerful they are. To a lesser extent, Groudon, Rayquaza and Kyogre could also be seen as being too over the top, depending on how their power is handled (I don't think any one Pokemon should be capable of destroying the world). I really do think Legendaries have gotten out of hand, both in power and abundance.

And really that's what it comes down to. A lot of the Gen 4 legendaries were over the top and you can definitely see signs of that in Gen 3. The problem for me is that GF then has us a the trainer battle and catch them. Maybe some people are right and their power is lessened once they've been captured. However that still doesn't explain how any human can manage to battle and defeat them in the first place.

My fan wanky explanation is simply that the Legendaries you battle are avatars of their true form - so even before the Pokeball limits them they're still only a fraction of their true power. Also explains how their can be more than one Palkia/Arceus/What have you.

I personally don't like Mesprit. I find it's design to be worse than its brethren and to be outclassed by them.

I'm not that big on Palkia or Dialga. Not to say that I hate them, but, as has been stated by many, they're kind of overdesigned. Their typings are cool, though, as are their signature moves.

I voted Phione.
Regigigas is usable in Double/Triple battles if you have a Pokemon with Gastro Acid.

0.o
Why did I never think of that? Thanks a lot! XDD

Anyways, my vote goes to Mew, but I also think the starters who don't have their own signature moves are useless

Phione, followed by Manaphy. Mostly because I didn't care for the latter's movie and their designs don't appeal to me much.
Regigigas. It has a stupid ability, and a rubbish design. Shouldn't a Pokemon that can move continents be better than that?
Rubbish design?! It is for that very reason it is the patron saint of crossing guards everywhere. Without it, how would you be able to cross an intersection safely? All hail the Sultan of Stoplights!

Regi-freaking-gigas.

Ability? Slow Start.

USELESS. POSITIVELY WORTHLESS TO HAVE AN ABILITY THAT HELPS YOUR GODDAMN ENEMY.

Design? Crap.

STUPID. POSITIVELY IDIOTIC. IT LOOKS LIKE A MENTAL PATIENT WITH MOSS ON ITS FREAKING SHOULDER.

Movepool? Tiny.

RIDICULOUS. POSITIVELY PREPOSTEROUS. IT HAS A MOVEPOOL THE SIZE OF A SUNKERN'S NOSE.

Stats? Miserable.

PATHETIC. POSITIVELY AWFUL. IT'S A DISGRACE TO MAGIKARP EVERYWHERE.

/anti-regi rage

As you can see, I personally don't think Phione is a legendary.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom