• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Legendary Pokemon!

Worst Legendary

• Zapdos

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Articuno

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Moltres

• Mew

• Mewtwo

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Entei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raikou

• Suicune

• Lugia

• Ho-Oh

• Celebi

• Regirock

• Regice

• Registeel

• Latios

• Latias

• Kyogre

• Groudon

• Rayquaza

• Jirachi

• Deoxys

• Azelf

• Mesprit

• Uxie

• Dialga

• Palkia

• Giratina

• Cresselia

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Darkrai

• Manaphy

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Phione

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • Heatran

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 26 14.6%
  • Shaymin

• Arceus

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Victini

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Cobalion

• Terrakion

• Virizion

• Tornadus

• Thundurus

• Landorus

• Zekrom

• Reshiram

• Kyurem

• Meloetta

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Genesect

• Keldeo

• Xerneas

• Yveltal

• Zygarde

• Diancie

• Hoopa

• Volcanion

• Type: Null

• Silvally

• Tapu Koko

• Tapu Lele

• Tapu Bulu

• Tapu Fini

• Cosmog

• Cosmoem

• Solgaleo

• Lunala

• Necrozma

• Magearna

• Marshadow

• Zeraora

• Total voters
I hate, hate, hate Cobalion. I mean that thing looks like a mismatched set of Pokemon that didn't come out looking like anything, just a weird mishapen mass of something that's sorta the color cobalt. I like the other memebers of it's trio, but really Cobalion is pretty bad.

I voted for Phione because IMO it wouldn't stand up that well to any of the other legendaries, but for design Cobalion is THE worst.

I voted Heatran cuz I found it rather ugly, and confusing (can be male or female HUUUH?!?!!!) and fire/steel is just too volnerable to ground moves, plus I think it's speed was bad...

Although it's 'living magma' concept does kind of interest me. I liked volcanos as a kid anyways.

The regis are also an interesting concept too even though they looked a little boring to me (at first. now they're kinda trippy XD; ).

So many I don't like... which one to select?
The ones I hate the most are Landorus, Thundorus, Tornadus, Meloetta, Phione, Regigigas, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Registeel, Regirock and Regice.
Landorus probably tops them all IMO

I always found the cloud trio to be the worst legendaries, primarily because they all look exactly alike, and they appear so human-like it's unreal.

Also, is Phione even a legendary at all? And I can agree with most people on Regigigas.

Last edited:
The worst Legends IMO are all of the Legendary Dragons that came out after Gen 3. I'm tired of all the freaking dragons, just stop with the Dragons.

Yeah, the last bird legendary Pokemon were Ho-Oh and Luiga and that was in generation 2. I would enough with the dragons and the beasts or generic beast-like Pokemon. We need more cute ones in my opinion.

I voted for Regigigas. Its design makes me feel ill, and despite its very high stats, its ability renders it almost completely useless. Even getting rid of it in Doubles or Triples with Worry Seed, Skill Swap or Gastro Acid doesn't do much. That one turn can cost dearly, plus Regigigas isn't fast enough to avoid taking hits. I'm not a big fan of the other Regis and their similarities with each other, but at least they can be a threat, which makes their king an even bigger embarrassment.

Yeah, the last bird legendary Pokemon were Ho-Oh and Luiga and that was in generation 2. I would enough with the dragons and the beasts or generic beast-like Pokemon. We need more cute ones in my opinion.

Well, we always get at least one cute legendary per generation, I think that's a fair amount.

Anyway, my least favourite legendaries are the ones of the Lake Trio. They never appealed me, always seemed a little bland.

Articuno... he's terrible. 4x weak to stealth rock, very shallow movepool, common weaknesses... he sucks.
Also regigigas. DIE SLOW START DIE

Honestly who would vote Mewtwo the worst?!

People who don't like him? everyone has their own opinions, can we really say such things about Phione or Heatran, and then when somebody points the finger at mewtwo, can we go like: ''Shut the hell up!'' that's very unfair, sounds like fans of older generations bashing new fans of the series, and that's awful.

People who don't like him? everyone has their own opinions, can we really say such things about Phione or Heatran, and then when somebody points the finger at mewtwo, can we go like: ''Shut the hell up!'' that's very unfair, sounds like fans of older generations bashing new fans of the series, and that's awful.

Why does everything have to be turned into a Generation war? Can't somebody just like Mewtwo more than Heatran? It seems like nowadays, if someone prefers an older Pokemon over a newer one, he/she is criticized for being a nostalgia freak, which, might I point out, is a bit hypocritical of the fans of newer gens who scream bloody murder when somebody doesn't like something about Gen III/IV/V. And Phione is statistically the worst Legendary (if you choose to think of it as such,) it has nothing to do with first generation fans vs new generation fans. It's stats are crap even by regular Pokemon standards.

Regi-freaking-gigas.

Ability? Slow Start.

USELESS. POSITIVELY WORTHLESS TO HAVE AN ABILITY THAT HELPS YOUR GODDAMN ENEMY.

Design? Crap.

STUPID. POSITIVELY IDIOTIC. IT LOOKS LIKE A MENTAL PATIENT WITH MOSS ON ITS FREAKING SHOULDER.

Movepool? Tiny.

RIDICULOUS. POSITIVELY PREPOSTEROUS. IT HAS A MOVEPOOL THE SIZE OF A SUNKERN'S NOSE.

Stats? Miserable.

PATHETIC. POSITIVELY AWFUL. IT'S A DISGRACE TO MAGIKARP EVERYWHERE.

/anti-regi rage

OMFG THIS.
I HATE YOU REGIGIGAS. HONESTLY. WHO NEEDS YOU?

However, I ended up voting for Phione. I'm not quite sure if it's a legendary or not, because if you look at the facts, there are things proving it is, and things denying it. But that's not why I voted for it. I just kind of think Phione is a rip off of Manaphy, which IMO, isn't that great itself.

Heatran, I dislike you, also. I mean, the concept of Heatran is kind of interesting, but the story of it, and the Pokemon itself are useless. Honestly. Who wants or needs anything that has that many weaknesses?

I'd also say Arceus, I mean, as a Pokemon, it's pretty good IMO, but the fact that they say that nobody can beat it because it created everything? Seriously. We play/ watch/ read Pokemon to have fun. Not to worship some over-the-top Pokemon religion.

Now, I'm not flaming anybody for their opinion, but I don't understand why exactly people have been voting for Mew and/ or Mewtwo. Can someone explain this to me, please?

Last edited:
Phione- Seriously, I don't see how this should be labelled legendary. You'd do better with an ordianary water-type. Sure, it's interesting to have a baby legendary, but Sinnoh had enough legendaries already, and this doesn't even have interesting stats.
Regigigas- And I thought the three Regis were gruesome. And, although yes, what else could it be (though psychic would have been suitable enough), a normal type for a Legendary?
Zapdos- I like Moltres and Articuno. They both seem like powerful imperial birds. Zapdos's design makes it look like it came out of the washing machine. Also, it has a rather annoying cry.
Arceus- The one idea that bothers me about Arceus: Creator of all Pokemon. (As it could have created the whole PokeUniverse.) Now, that does intially seem to make sense, but there's one little flaw. Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon. Mew cannot breed. So, if Mew didn't birth Pokemon, and s/he's the apparent ancestor, s/he created them! (I can't think of any other logical way.)
But- Arceus created Mew! So, isn't Arceus not the ancestor? Or is it really Mew?
And... if Arceus isn't the ancestor, and he just created them, true Arceus is their God and this helps it become more evident, but then... is Arceus really a Pokemon? Okay, he is, I know. Another thing- the all Powerful Pokemon gets caught by a meek trainer. It still gets caught by a masterball, despite it being so godly.
Also, it's design irks me so much. And I too, hate having this all Powerful God Pokemon...

Last edited:
Now, I'm not flaming anybody for their opinion, but I don't understand why exactly people have been voting for Mew and/ or Mewtwo. Can someone explain this to me, please?

I didn't vote for them, but I'll try to give some reasons as to why some people would.

Mew: Started the trend of overly cute Legendaries, some people may not find cuteness fitting for a legendary Pokemon, incredibly difficult to obtain and not really worth the effort of getting one other than the Pokedex entry/bragging rights, the "ancestor of all Pokemon" theme not working now that we have Arceus, and probably other reasons I can't think of.

Mewtwo: Completely and ridiculously overpowered and dominant in his debut Gen, some may not like that a man made Pokemon is on par with the god like Legendaries of later Gens or may feel that a man made Pokemon doesn't deserve to be Legendary in the first place, some people may think his design is too similar to Gigyas/Freeza or just don't like his design at all.

On theDragons... 3 per Gen is not so bad... We get 2 Steel Legends every Gen since Gen III and nobody complains about them? Plus Dragons actually make sense really... They are SUPPOSED to be rare and powerful... Phione is not a Legend. As per Word of God from GF themselves.

We get at least 1 cute Legendary per Gen... Honestly I said it before I dislike the Birds (the Bird Trio Ho-oh/Lugia are awesome) Though Articuno looks cool he and his brothers are the most generic Legends outthere I have no problem with Mew/Mewtwo though

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom