• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Legendary Pokemon!

Worst Legendary

• Zapdos

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Articuno

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Moltres

• Mew

• Mewtwo

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Entei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raikou

• Suicune

• Lugia

• Ho-Oh

• Celebi

• Regirock

• Regice

• Registeel

• Latios

• Latias

• Kyogre

• Groudon

• Rayquaza

• Jirachi

• Deoxys

• Azelf

• Mesprit

• Uxie

• Dialga

• Palkia

• Giratina

• Cresselia

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Darkrai

• Manaphy

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Phione

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • Heatran

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 26 14.6%
  • Shaymin

• Arceus

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Victini

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Cobalion

• Terrakion

• Virizion

• Tornadus

• Thundurus

• Landorus

• Zekrom

• Reshiram

• Kyurem

• Meloetta

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Genesect

• Keldeo

• Xerneas

• Yveltal

• Zygarde

• Diancie

• Hoopa

• Volcanion

• Type: Null

• Silvally

• Tapu Koko

• Tapu Lele

• Tapu Bulu

• Tapu Fini

• Cosmog

• Cosmoem

• Solgaleo

• Lunala

• Necrozma

• Magearna

• Marshadow

• Zeraora

• Total voters
On theDragons... 3 per Gen is not so bad... We get 2 Steel Legends every Gen since Gen III and nobody complains about them? Plus Dragons actually make sense really... They are SUPPOSED to be rare and powerful... Phione is not a Legend. As per Word of God from GF themselves.

We get at least 1 cute Legendary per Gen... Honestly I said it before I dislike the Birds (the Bird Trio Ho-oh/Lugia are awesome) Though Articuno looks cool he and his brothers are the most generic Legends outthere I have no problem with Mew/Mewtwo though

I'm going with Victini because an interesting type combination got wasted on it. Legendaries should LOOK legendary and powerful...but Victini does not. It's not even cute like Jirachi, so it has no purpose. In general, I like the Gen. V Pokemon designs, but I can't stand Victini. Why does it have bug eyes? It just...it doesn't make sense to me.

Why does everything have to be turned into a Generation war? Can't somebody just like Mewtwo more than Heatran? It seems like nowadays, if someone prefers an older Pokemon over a newer one, he/she is criticized for being a nostalgia freak, which, might I point out, is a bit hypocritical of the fans of newer gens who scream bloody murder when somebody doesn't like something about Gen III/IV/V. And Phione is statistically the worst Legendary (if you choose to think of it as such,) it has nothing to do with first generation fans vs new generation fans. It's stats are crap even by regular Pokemon standards.

I don't know if i made myself clear, but i was trying to imply that same subject of discussion, and moreover, i was saying that if someone doesn't like Mewtwo, that does not makke him/her an early generation hater, it just makes them someone who dislikes metwo, though, personnaly, i DO like him, i was just pointing out that some people don't, and they are free to do so, stats aren't the only thing to consider a pokémon as ''the worst''.

I would have to say Mewtwo along with the bird trio Mewtwo gets way too much credit and is overrated, Mewtwo;s power is nothing compared to Dialga(god of time; I consider a male), Palkia(goddess of space; I consider Palkia female, Giratina(god of antimatter and the afterlife as well as the ruler of the Distortion World. male), and Arceus the God and creator of the pokemon world and the universe. This is coming from someone who played the games since Yellow.

I would have to say Mewtwo along with the bird trio Mewtwo gets way too much credit and is overrated, Mewtwo;s power is nothing compared to Dialga(god of time; I consider a male), Palkia(goddess of space; I consider Palkia female, Giratina(god of antimatter and the afterlife as well as the ruler of the Distortion World. male), and Arceus the God and creator of the pokemon world and the universe. This is coming from someone who played the games since Yellow.

You compare Mewtwo to the creation gods and of course he's gonna fall short. Now, why don't you compare him to the likes of Heatran, Phione, Manaphy, Shaymin, Meloetta or even Deoxys, Latias and Latios and tell me he's nothing (for reference, he's definitely stronger on the whole than the former five and is at least on par with the latter three.)

I think a Pokemon based on Emotion is a really cool idea, and I could've seen it having multiple forms based on different emotions... But, Mesprit is totally underwhelming. The whole Lake Trio is bland, to me, though Mesprit is the worst.

It is just as much a legend as it isn't. GF didn't say it wasn't a legendary either.

"In the official game guide to Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, which is made by The Pokémon Company International, it is stated that Phione is not legendary. In Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, it is not referred to by the game as "rare" or "legendary", which is the case for all other legendary Pokémon in the game. In Pokémon Black and White, it is banned from the Battle Subway, a rule which typically applies only to legendary Pokémon. For all intents and purposes, it is regarded by Bulbapedia to not be legendary due to the latest official source"

So yeah it has been stated as a non-legend by official forces

Keep in mind when they were created there was no precedent, so the standards were a bit lower (at least as far as power goes)

I'd have to say Arceus. Not that it's a bad battler, I just hate the idea of one supreme being who created the Pokemon world. I think religion of any sort should stay in the real world.

Also it just takes some of the mystery and wonder out of them if you know where they came from.

This is an arguable point, since Mew was supposed to be the end-all creator of pokemon. Arceus is fleshed out a little more in the god department, but they're none-the-less conflicting origin stories, so one can only submit that, just as in the real world; the information regarding either god pokemon is presumably false until we know more. But even then, you MUST find creator god information as false no matter what due to logical fallacy in which, you would ask yourself where that god came from and so on into infinity. But I digress;

Worst Legendary: That's a tough one. Probably Victini; as a battler and general pokemon, I have no qualms, but I loath the way he's supposed to grant whomever he meets absolute victory no matter what. That's just stupid. I want to see him fight Wailord, or Rayquaza, or Arceus or any other large pokemon that could smash it into a bloody pulp... -cough- Excuse me, my dark side seems to have slipped.

Last edited:
This is an arguable point, since Mew was supposed to be the end-all creator of pokemon. Arceus is fleshed out a little more in the god department, but they're none-the-less conflicting origin stories, so one can only submit that, just as in the real world, the information regarding either god pokemon as just that is presumably false until we know more. But then, you MUST find creator god information as false no matter what due to logical falacy in which, you would ask yourself where that god came from and so on into infinity. But I digress;

Worst Legendary: That's a tough one. Probably Victini; as a battler and general pokemon, I have no qualms, but I loath the way he's supposed to grant whomever he meets absolute victory no matter what. That's just stupid. I want to see him fight Wailord, or Rayquaza, or Arceus or any other large pokemon that could smash it into a bloody pulp... -cough- Excuse me, my dark side seems to have slipped.

We have the embodiments of time/space/antimatter The Avatars of Spirit and the creaters of land and sea... i see nothing wrong with victini being an embodiment of victtory... we've had crazier legeds really...

"In the official game guide to Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, which is made by The Pokémon Company International, it is stated that Phione is not legendary. In Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, it is not referred to by the game as "rare" or "legendary", which is the case for all other legendary Pokémon in the game. In Pokémon Black and White, it is banned from the Battle Subway, a rule which typically applies only to legendary Pokémon. For all intents and purposes, it is regarded by Bulbapedia to not be legendary due to the latest official source"

So yeah it has been stated as a non-legend by official forces
THere are just as many reasons that it is a legend though. Game freak have nothing to do with the side games so the Ranger game does not count. it is and it isn't a legend until it is right out confirmed by GF themselves. But the being banned form the Battle Facilities is solid proof that it is a legendary.

THere are just as many reasons that it is a legend though. Game freak have nothing to do with the side games so the Ranger game does not count. it is and it isn't a legend until it is right out confirmed by GF themselves. But the being banned form the Battle Facilities is solid proof that it is a legendary.

The Offical Guide for HG/SS declared it a non-legendary... I think the only reason it's banned is because yuo need Phione an event Pokemon...

Reason it's not a Legendary
-Terrible Stats
-Can Breed to make more of itself
-The Offical HG/SS guidecall it a non-legend (TPCI is subourdinate to GF right? Offical enough?)
-Pokemon Ranger GS: doesn't refer to it as 'legendary'

GF has gone back and forth on the issue but by HG/SS I guess they deided for it not to be Legendary... And the ban can be expalined by the fact that Manaphy is needed to get one. (they never should've made Phione...)

We have the embodiments of time/space/antimatter The Avatars of Spirit and the creaters of land and sea... i see nothing wrong with victini being an embodiment of victtory... we've had crazier legeds really...

Yes but, Legendaries no longer seem so. The game mascots usually have their weight, as well as the trios that belong to them but; I feel as though lately, gamefreak is just throwing out a bunch of pokemon that are also called legendary just because their interactable ones. (i.e. pokemon that have overworld avatars to encounter)

Interactable and Legendary should never be interchangeable and that's what Victini, Melotta, and a few other pokemon are making them. They simply are putting quantity over quality (a reccurring problem with the pokemon games as a whole) and if the pokemon themselves actually had some back story in the game so as to make them carry the weight and magnitude that the term 'Legendary' used to evoke, than I might not be as pissed about Victini at all. But come on, what happened to the good old days of running through a cave repetitively to find a level 70 pokemon that made the rest of my team look like pansies. And then forgetting to save and KOing it with poison.

Definitely Phione i mean seriously you can get so many of them AND its base stat is under 500...

Phione, by far. Ugh ugh ugh, an insult to water Pokemon. Not really big on Manaphy either.
Pretty ugly designs, they just don't fit in with the "cute legendary" look that Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi have. I'm not a big fan of Victini either, because he was a bitch to catch, and it's design is rather unremarkable to me. It looks like an apple that turned into a rat with fiery wings coming out of its ass. It's not the worst Pokemon, yeah, but if you're going to be "0" in the pokedex, couldn't you try to be impressive?
(Saw the movie with it, and I wasn't impressed).

Honestly I'm not a big fan of most of the legends, but those are the top three.

I'm surprised at how many people voted Mewtwo. I don't even like him, but I thought most people loved the guy.

Zekrom. Its glowing tail is cool, but its overall design just says "generic Dragon-type legendary".

Phione, by far. Ugh ugh ugh, an insult to water Pokemon. Not really big on Manaphy either.
Pretty ugly designs, they just don't fit in with the "cute legendary" look that Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi have. I'm not a big fan of Victini either, because he was a bitch to catch, and it's design is rather unremarkable to me. It looks like an apple that turned into a rat with fiery wings coming out of its ass. It's not the worst Pokemon, yeah, but if you're going to be "0" in the pokedex, couldn't you try to be impressive?
(Saw the movie with it, and I wasn't impressed).

Honestly I'm not a big fan of most of the legends, but those are the top three.

I'm surprised at how many people voted Mewtwo. I don't even like him, but I thought most people loved the guy.

Mewtwo is badass and Mew is adorable it's the birds I have an issue with...

Phione, simply because it's bad enough to have its legendary status questioned. Manaphy is better. :/

I'm not too keen on the Kami trio either... they're really annoying for some reason.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom