• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Legendary Pokemon!

Worst Legendary

• Zapdos

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Articuno

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Moltres

• Mew

• Mewtwo

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Entei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raikou

• Suicune

• Lugia

• Ho-Oh

• Celebi

• Regirock

• Regice

• Registeel

• Latios

• Latias

• Kyogre

• Groudon

• Rayquaza

• Jirachi

• Deoxys

• Azelf

• Mesprit

• Uxie

• Dialga

• Palkia

• Giratina

• Cresselia

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Darkrai

• Manaphy

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Phione

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • Heatran

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 26 14.6%
  • Shaymin

• Arceus

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Victini

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Cobalion

• Terrakion

• Virizion

• Tornadus

• Thundurus

• Landorus

• Zekrom

• Reshiram

• Kyurem

• Meloetta

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Genesect

• Keldeo

• Xerneas

• Yveltal

• Zygarde

• Diancie

• Hoopa

• Volcanion

• Type: Null

• Silvally

• Tapu Koko

• Tapu Lele

• Tapu Bulu

• Tapu Fini

• Cosmog

• Cosmoem

• Solgaleo

• Lunala

• Necrozma

• Magearna

• Marshadow

• Zeraora

• Total voters
You can't get worse than Regigias

Phione > Regigias
I can understand Truant in Slaking since it's meant to hinder him because he has a BST of 670 (same as Regigigas) and i also understood why Regigigas has Slow Start, he stood still for so long (that's why he has moss on his shoulders and legs) that he needs time to reach full power but c'mon, he's the freaking Regi Trio Master and he pulls continents, at least give him a good Hidden Ability.

Phione > Regigias
I can understand Truant in Slaking since it's meant to hinder him because he has a BST of 670 (same as Regigigas) and i also understood why Regigigas has Slow Start, he stood still for so long (that's why he has moss on his shoulders and legs) that he needs time to reach full power but c'mon, he's the freaking Regi Trio Master and he pulls continents, at least give him a good Hidden Ability.

inb4theygivetruant (which would be better)

Phione > Regigias

inb4theygivetruant (which would be better)
Anything but Truant and Slow Start, hell it could be Run Away, it's useless in competitve battling but at least it doesn't weaken him.

First off regigigas is my favorite legendary pokemon because even though his ability is slow start, well look at his stats! his attack and defense are able to rival even the strongest legendary pokemon (like rayquaza, dialga, or palkia). That's probably why he had slow start in the first place so he could be a better match against other pokemon. I had no trouble fighting a level 50 mewtwo against my level 57 regigigas cause I had the item leftovers to help me which is a very good item for regigigas and I do recommend using it on him. If u have a regigigas with a lot of physical moves than a recommend winning a muscle band from battle mansion because I'm thinking about trading leftovers with that item. And his appearance really isn't that bad. He's a 12'2ft golem that weighs around 1000lb and has great speed stats. Yes regigigas is definetly a top legendary pokemon.

Aside from Phione, who I don't consider a legendary, I vote Regice, who tries to be a wall despite having a Glass Cannon typing.

Honestly, Phione shouldn't be on this list. So I chose Manaphy for this one. How I see it, Manaphy is the most forgettable of the Mew clones. Celebi is like a Poke-Seedrian with time travel, Jirachi is a metal star thingy that grants wishes, Victini's some super-dangerous energy-thing, and Manaphy... is blue. And it switches peoples' bodies, I guess.

Competitive wise: Articuno, Regigigas, Entei and Phione.

It's a shame because Articuno would actually be pretty good in the higher tiers if not for Stealth Rock and it's one of my favorite Pokemon too :/

Phione is such a bad legendary that it ISN'T a legendary! ​[ba-dum-tss]

Mew. I don't get the appeal; it's not cute at all in my opinion, and I find it rather boring and ugly. I don't think its lore is particularly interesting, either (I feel the same way about the Gen I bird trio, but at least their designs are somewhat interesting in comparison).

Meloetta hands down, the fact that it has a headset mic on it's head really bothered me for a long time hahaha. Especially in the animé when it started following Ash.

An old friend once said to me; "training a Meloetta is like enduring a really bad Britney Spears concert" hahahaha.

I'm also just not entirely a fan of most Gen V legendaries, barring Zekrom & Reshiram... all the rest just have that Gen V design feel that lacks the colour and curvyness that the other Legends have, which I like.

Based purely on a battle-based point of view, the winner is Regigigas, unless your opponent is stupid enough to give it some Gastro Acid.

From a design point-of-view, definitely Moltres. It looks like a chicken on fire, which is admittedly hilarious, but not all that good of a design. Everytime I catch one I feel obligated to name it Col Sanders (Just Sanders in older generations where it wouldn't fit).

Regice, Registeel, and Regirock + Tornadus, Thundrus, and Landorus for being in the wrong regions. They should be the other way around. (The Kami Trio should be tied with the numerous amounts of typhoons that go past Okinawa and Kyushu. The Hebrew Golems, on the other hand, should be tied with the large number of Jewish residents in NYC.

I used to not like Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres for their generic designs, but after seeing them in Kalos, I now like how they're no longer considered Kanto-specific. It makes a lot of sense. (It's the GSC/HGSS Legendaries that should be the dual-region-specific legendaries for both Johto and Kanto.)

Last edited:
Regigagas has a good design but it is the worst one competitively wise. (One I voted for because it's so dissapointed, all the effort to get it and it's terrible to use)

I dislike the genie trio's design to a degree but it's grown on me so they can be let off. Their Therian formes really redeemed them.

Phione is just... pointless. It has no reason to exist as Manaphy is better than it in all ways. It would be less bad if it could evolve into Manaphy.

I pretty much disliked any and all of the Regis. I kind of wish they would stop making a thousand new legendaries/specials a year. I miss when there weren't that many and you actually felt shock when you found them randomly in the grass.

Regigigas, not only does it have an awful ability, it is also really ugly.
The Kami Trio (in their Incarnate Formes) are pretty insulting, too.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom