• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Legendary Pokemon?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I have just been wondering this

Mine:
3: Terrakion (Terrakion might have an excellent appearance but I am just not a fan of it)
2: Chi-Yu (Disagree if you wish but I find Chi-Yu ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYING!)
1: Cosmoem (I have concerns about this thing the Pokemon literally increases in weight but decreased in height {Porygon2 might be a coincidence but love Porygon2} but it's so stupid)

has to be calyrex for me! he's such a weirdo!!! not a fan of him at all. i don't really like his combo with glastrier/spectrier either... i think the whole idea is kind of stupid personally.

least favorite in appearance would also be calyrex for me (what in the world is going on with his crown thing??), but i'm at least fine with his personality and role in lore. not only do i not find the loyal/lousy three physically unappealing; i legitimately dislike them in-universe. so them.
i also quite dislike the forces of nature and entei. raikou is cool, suicune is awesome... i just can't stand entei's design. sorry.

least favorite in appearance would also be calyrex for me (what in the world is going on with his crown thing??), but i'm at least fine with his personality and role in lore. not only do i not find the loyal/lousy three physically unappealing; i legitimately dislike them in-universe. so them.
i also quite dislike the forces of nature and entei. raikou is cool, suicune is awesome... i just can't stand entei's design. sorry.
I am with you all the forces of nature are awful and I absolutely despise Entei

Ever since they were revealed, I have really disliked Zacian and Zamazenta. I find them to be both visually convoluted and overall uninteresting as a concept. How can something be so overdesigned yet so... boring? - -; If I had to say something nice about them though I do think their shiny palettes are a big improvement, it would be nice if that was their default coloration. Still probably my least favorite box legendaries of all.

I also agree that the Forces of Nature are kind of meh (I only have any fondness for them because finding Thundurus roaming in White was the coolest thing ever to me back in the day) — but even moreso, I'm still puzzling over why they felt the need to add Enamorus to the lineup like three and a half gens later. It really doesn't make sense to me to try throwing in a new Pokémon into a trio that already has a well-established dynamic and lore... it just feels unnecessary and incongruous. Of course I held the same opinion about Regieleki/Regidrago at first, and I eventually came around on them, but Enamorus I don't think I like enough to justify its inclusion lol.

Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, and Enamorus and the vast majority of the Ultra Beasts are atrocious in my eyes. I'm sorry for the inflammatory description, they're just that unappealing to me.

Legendary Birds, there is almost nothing that says legendary about them, and I really really hate Moltres. That thing just looks like a rubber chicken on fire, and I'm glad we got Ho-oh for the Phoenix Pokemon. Galarian Legendary Birds are better and you can't convince me otherwise.

Might come across as shocking but, Koraidon and Miraidon. I find them being everything legendary Pokemon should have never been to begin with and by far the least original or imaginative concepts of them all. This is considering how much time, space, past, and future have been touched on in the series and the percentage of generations we've had with both legendary box arts being dragons. They don't even have basic lore to explain for what makes them legendary in a way that doesn't apply to regular Pokemon.

Last edited:
Regigigas - it is ugly, and its Ability makes it useless in battle.
Calyrex - ugly and has no use in battle unless fused with Spectrier/Glastrier.
The Forces of Nature - all four of them are ugly, even in their Therian Formes, and don't get me started on the Incarnate ones.
I also rather dislike Virizion, Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos, Munkidori, Okidogi, and Urshifu (both Formes).

Last edited:
Lore:
  • Moltres, only has an unique area in FRLG and its powers also feel very basic.
  • Lati@s, cool powers but it feels more could be done with them.
  • Reshiram & Zekrom: Nice designs but what they represent is left very ambiguous, and their role in the games feels very interchangeable not only with each other but with legendaries from other generations.
  • Xerneas & Yveltal: Amazing designs, but their lack of a designated area and explanations about how they work hurt a lot.
  • Kubfu & Urshifu, what makes them different from your average 2 stage bear?
  • Glastrier & Spectrier feel very incomplete on their own.
  • Iron Swords of Justice & Past Beasts, they ended up being just regular paradoxes, though their status is at least debatable.

Looks: Heatran, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Cosmoem, Necrozma, Iron Swords of Justice, Munkidori.

Might come across as shocking but, Koraidon and Miraidon. I find them being everything legendary Pokemon should have never been to begin with and by far the least original or imaginative concepts of them all. This is considering how much time, space, past, and future have been touched on in the series and the percentage of generations we've had with both legendary box arts being dragons. They don't even have basic lore to explain for what makes them legendary in a way that doesn't apply to regular Pokemon.
As much I like Miraidon, I agree with you, there's almost nothing special about them in the lore beyond "HOLY SHIT IT'S ANCIENT/FUTURE CYCALIZAR".

Ever since they were revealed, I have really disliked Zacian and Zamazenta. I find them to be both visually convoluted and overall uninteresting as a concept. How can something be so overdesigned yet so... boring? - -; If I had to say something nice about them though I do think their shiny palettes are a big improvement, it would be nice if that was their default coloration. Still probably my least favorite box legendaries of all.
Same here too! They just... feel like just dogs wearing armor. At least Zamazenta has the shield incorporated in a more interesting way than Zacian (THAT IS JUST A DOG HOLDING A SWORD). Just kinda very generic cool vibe.

I also agree that the Forces of Nature are kind of meh (I only have any fondness for them because finding Thundurus roaming in White was the coolest thing ever to me back in the day) — but even moreso, I'm still puzzling over why they felt the need to add Enamorus to the lineup like three and a half gens later. It really doesn't make sense to me to try throwing in a new Pokémon into a trio that already has a well-established dynamic and lore... it just feels unnecessary and incongruous. Of course I held the same opinion about Regieleki/Regidrago at first, and I eventually came around on them, but Enamorus I don't think I like enough to justify its inclusion lol.
I totally forgot about Zacian and Zamazenta (I like Zamazenta) I say Zacian's design is fucking stupid it's Hero of Many Battles form is slightly better but it's design is unappealing for the sword form

Terapogos was kinda an afterthought to me compared to what the rest of Indigo Disk had to offer. Kinda forgettable and pretty shallow lore outside of it being the one responsible for the Terastal phenomenon. It's a contrast to Ogerpon of the previous half of the dlc being super standout and lovable with with a surprisingly fleshed out backstory, leaving Terapogos very disappointing in comparison.

Terapogos was kinda an afterthought to me compared to what the rest of Indigo Disk had to offer. Kinda forgettable and pretty shallow lore outside of it being the one responsible for the Terastal phenomenon. It's a contrast to Ogerpon of the previous half of the dlc being super standout and lovable with with a surprisingly fleshed out backstory, leaving Terapogos very disappointing in comparison.
Iryo but I love Terapagos

Iryo but I love Terapagos
And I respect yours too! Honestly hearing others like a mon i dislike is cool! Shows that it has a niche. Knowing there's a huge fan for practically every Pokemon is half of what I love about the series.

Anywho, to mention other legendaries I'm not that crazy about, Regieleki and Regidrago. They're not bad perse, but they feel kinda a step down from the initial Regis, which I love dearly. I feel they turn away too much from the initial theming of the Regis being material golems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom