• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Worst Max Raid NPC Partners

Guys! I have amazing and alarming news!

Martin's Solrock used Rock Throw several times yesterday!

(dresses up like a news caster)
Breaking News! Useless Max Raid NPC actually does something useful in a Max Raid Battle! Other Trainers worried it might mean the end of the world and are stockpiling curry ingredients for good measures. Details at 11. *chuckles*

For me, however, the absolute best NPC is the Lass with the Weavile. Sure, it's a Weavile, so it can't take a hit, but it has the most useful move selection of them all (Ice Shard, Metal Claw, Assurance, and Slash), is very quick, and tends to get the most licks in, as well as deals the most damage. Whenever I face a Max Raid Battle, I almost celebrate when that Lass appears, as her Weavile has been a deciding factor several times in many Max Raid Battles. Like I said before, it can't take a bloody hit, but it can sure dish them out like there's no tomorrow.
One of the things that makes Weavile so good is that it almost always goes first, so if there's only one shield left at the start of the turn Weavile will take it out and leave you free to KO the mon, rather than have you take out the remaining shield and hope your partners can finish it, with them often failing and you having to finish the job on the next turn.

As for worst, Alfie and Martin are givens. Freya isn't always the worst, but she's hair-pullingly infuriating when there are five shields up and she just spams Helping Hand all day. Helping Hand in general is a bit useless in raids because of the 'I will shield here' limits. If the mon shields at 60hp for example and it's at 61, even a Fishious Rend from a Strong Jaw 31IV 252EV Dracovish in the rain will do 1hp damage regardless of how many times she uses Helping Hand. If she had used something else then she would have taken out one of the freshly spawned shields.

I genuinely believe that they made most of the NPCs rubbish on purpose to force people to pay for online services by making solo raids as frustrating as possible, if not actually impossible if it has multiple AOE moves and likes to spam them all.

I managed to tackle a 5-star G-Max Snorlax raid today by myself, but only just barely. My partners were Torkoal, Hawlucha, and Jolteon, so not the worst bunch, but one more faint would have ended it. I’m pretty sure I only won because my Sirfetch’d is Lv100 (meaning that the partners were all Lv70) and because the turn order put my Max Moves in the right spots. And because the Hawlucha guy actually favored Flying Press over Feather Dance for once.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom