• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Pokemon

Pachirisu is stupid, just stupid, and pointless. I hate it.

Also Mr. Mime scares me.

Mime Jr. is a creep-in-training.

Magikarp is a mixed bag. As a Magikarp, it's useless (except for leveling up Pokemon early on because it can't attack back much).

Even though Entei is one of my favorite pokemon, this is downright ridiculous.

I restarted my LeafGreen a while ago with a Bulbasaur starter so I could get Entei, the last pokemon I needed on Platinum to have all 493 except for Arceus (this was before HG/SS). I played through the game, beat the Elite 4, encountered Entei and started the process of capturing it (I had already used my Master Ball). Bring it to low hp, put it to sleep, get a Dugtrio in, etc. Finally, after several escapes and some 40 balls, I caught it.

I never intended to use this Entei for competitive battling, but when I saw the Timid nature, I thought 'Hmm, this might be a good one'. See for yourself.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/Why-lifeof/SuperEnt.png

Yes, I am serious and yes, I have this Pokemon on my Platinum cartridge now. It's probably the most ridiculous thing on the whole cartridge.

Parasect, i have lots on my list but people here mentioned them already such as luvdisk, parachisu, bidoof, pigeoto, noctowl, aridos,

Pretty much all the flying types suck.. Except the obviously good ones.. Since poison pokemon have a unfair advantage in this game... id have to say every single poison pokemon suck... except Gengar, weezing and maybe toxicroak.

My all time most hated pokemon in every single game tho has to be Zubat and Golbat..

Feebas. Hands down, maybe if they didn't make it a hell to get, but they have to make a Magikrap that are impossible to find, ayayay.

You have no clue how elated you feel when you find it.

Anyways, I believe that all pokemon have their strong points. You don't know how difficult a pokemon is to use or train unless you've used it, and every single pokemon I've trained has it's use. I like Marowak as a False Swiper, Bibarel as an HM slave, etc, so on and so forth.

From Mawile to Dragonite, I have trained and used a lot of pokemon over the course of the 12 years I've been playing pokemon, and each and every one of them has been awesome, I firmly believe that with the right moveset, some patience, and strategy, all pokemon excel.

inb4 tl;dr.

man this is hard as i love all the Pokemon. but i guess if i had to choose one it would have to be burmy,i mean what exactly is it supposed to be? i know not all of the Pokemon are based off real animal's but it still bug,s me.

Anyways, I believe that all pokemon have their strong points. You don't know how difficult a pokemon is to use or train unless you've used it, and every single pokemon I've trained has it's use. I like Marowak as a False Swiper, Bibarel as an HM slave, etc, so on and so forth.

From Mawile to Dragonite, I have trained and used a lot of pokemon over the course of the 12 years I've been playing pokemon, and each and every one of them has been awesome, I firmly believe that with the right moveset, some patience, and strategy, all pokemon excel.

inb4 tl;dr.

I agree 100% all pokemon do have uses, it just depends on what really... Even the worthless pokemon such as Ariados that i mentioned.. If you play in a UU or NU battle online he is actually pretty good. He learns alot of good moves, like shadow sneak, sucker punch, pshycic, ect.. He can also be used as a strategy with his unique move spider web..

I wish they would buff some of the weak pokemon in this game so we have "more" options of using them.. You know ? I mean how many years do we have to use the same pokemon in online battles or link battles... you know ?

Im not talking about giving weak pokemon a 3rd evolution because they ruined magneton as far as im concerned... I mean changing all the base stats of pokemon to make the game more even.. Or buffing types like poison and bug types...

man this is hard as i love all the Pokemon. but i guess if i had to choose one it would have to be burmy,i mean what exactly is it supposed to be? i know not all of the Pokemon are based off real animal's but it still bug,s me.

Burmy's pretty rooted in the real-world...it's a bag worm. The thing about only the male becoming a moth is also based on what the real life animal does.

Even though Entei is one of my favorite pokemon, this is downright ridiculous.

I restarted my LeafGreen a while ago with a Bulbasaur starter so I could get Entei, the last pokemon I needed on Platinum to have all 493 except for Arceus (this was before HG/SS). I played through the game, beat the Elite 4, encountered Entei and started the process of capturing it (I had already used my Master Ball). Bring it to low hp, put it to sleep, get a Dugtrio in, etc. Finally, after several escapes and some 40 balls, I caught it.

I never intended to use this Entei for competitive battling, but when I saw the Timid nature, I thought 'Hmm, this might be a good one'. See for yourself.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/Why-lifeof/SuperEnt.png

Yes, I am serious and yes, I have this Pokemon on my Platinum cartridge now. It's probably the most ridiculous thing on the whole cartridge.
I guess you mean its IVs are awful. Well, that's always the case with 3rd Gen roaming Legendaries. Both Latios/Latias in RSE and the Legendary Beasts in FRLG have their IVs set to such low numbers, for no good reason either.

Wurmple and its respective evolutions. It's nothing but a combination of Caterpie and Weedle, it evolves only during the different times of day (crap choice) and unlike Butterfree, neither of its final evolve formes are good early on in RSE.

DUNSPARCE IS THE BEST!! EVERY OTHER POKEMON IS JUST PLAIN TERRIBLE IHJSHDGIJKSHDKGNSKJDKGKJSHDKJ!!!!*&@#$*&@#&$(*!!!

Dunsparce is beast.

It is a unique pokemon that is one of the only two to have Serene Grace.

The normal-type "filler" pokemon were probably the worst. Honestly look at Ratatta, Sentret, Bidoof, Zigzagoon. There was a pattern: all were filler pokemon for the front of their regional pokedexes, although some of them looked stylish, GF makes them terrible on purpose with bad movesets and generic overusage.

Last edited:

inb4 tl;dr.

Way to:
a) Miss the point.
b) Be a killjoy.

Wurmple and its respective evolutions. It's nothing but a combination of Caterpie and Weedle, it evolves only during the different times of day (crap choice) and unlike Butterfree, neither of its final evolve formes are good early on in RSE.

Wurmple is actually worse than that: it evolves into Sil- or Cascoon based on its IVs, which means which one it evolves into is essentially random.

I for one hate Doduo/drio: there's no reason they should be flying, and it's a missed opportunity to do a Twinrova type situation (a.k.a., each head is an different type).

Diglett/Dugtrio are just... copouts, frankly. Even Hippowdon has been designed from the midpoint down, even though none of the games show it.

DUNSPARCE IS THE BEST!! EVERY OTHER POKEMON IS JUST PLAIN TERRIBLE IHJSHDGIJKSHDKGNSKJDKGKJSHDKJ!!!!*&@#$*&@#&$(*!!!

Dunsparce is beast.

The normal-type "filler" pokemon were probably the worst. Honestly look at Ratatta, Sentret, Bidoof, Zigzagoon. There was a pattern: all were filler pokemon for the front of their regional pokedexes, although some of them looked stylish, GF makes them terrible on purpose with bad movesets and generic overusage.

Bad movesets??? Ratatta pwns all.

-Dunsparce (it's rare and has rather weak stats)
-Pachirisu (crappy offenses and useless abilities in battle are enough to discourage me from using it)
-Magcargo (one of the worst type combinations ever created)

Dunsparce is beast.

I had a Linoone. It was the one to finish the championship battle. It was Linoone vs Gyarados. It knew shock wave, Water pulse, slash, and rest. Both of us were in the deep red, less than ten percent. This batlle hinged on my ability to go first. I used slash. It knocked gyarados out with a crit. I was stunned. In hindsight I shoulda used Shock Wave...

Did I mention my team was 10 levels under?

In conclusion, Linoone's are awesome. As are furrets.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom