• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Team Rocket Disguise?

JohtoMotto

Australia is my city
Reaction score
Been watching a lot of pokemon on the computer. So this has come to mind.

What is the worst disguise that team rocket has tried? I have to say in kanto when they made James dress up as a girl or maybe when they made meowth dress as a Sunflora.

So what do you think?

To my knowledge of early seasons and by association probably everything later, they almost all work anyway. And isn't that what matters? They could probably like pull a Clark Kent and just wear glasses, and boom, no one recognizes them.

So yeah. Either the ones that somehow don't work, or the ones that against all logic do, depending on which definition of "worst" you want to use.

This one from DP4, Nando's debut ep:

3yx3ewl.jpg

Yes, this was an actual disguise that fooled Ash and co, believe it or not.

The ones right at the beginning of Diamond and Pearl. I think it was episode 4...?

"Dawn of a New Era!" that was the one that popped into my mind first because what they put on green robes and that was it. Also, I remember them having their eyes closed and rubbing their hands together while Meowth explain the "hotel" and the "box used to restore Pikachu's power..."

Then when the “hotel” fell over it was just a piece of cardboard that Meowth mentions was only $2. Really, for Ash and the group to fall for that pathetic…

I guess it was just a way to kill about 2 minutes before the close of the episode to make it around 22 minutes or so. I remember back in Kanto and the earlier generations they had some legit costumes.

I would say out of all 3 members, Meowth had the worst outfits, but the worst part is that the twerps fell for it every time. I mean how many people are that short with whiskers and sometimes his ears and tail showing? The same goes for Jessie and her LONG hair.

Another one that comes to mind is Meowth’s imitation of Mr. Sukiso (the guy that says “Remarkable!”) now that was just sad considering all of the times Ash and company have seen him at contests, this was in the episode of the Battle Frontier the Unbelievable Lightness of Seeing! However, May did mention that something didn’t feel right about this…

Overall, it isn’t the costumes that are sad; it is Ash and crew not being able to point them out. Sort of reminds me of Rocky and Bullwinkle being followed by Boris and Natasha. They could never recognize them no matter what; though they never knew their names just the fact that characters that look like them would approach them all the time.

That one where Jessie dressed up and looked exactly the same what was it called Jess something

You mean like she did in every other episode.

Yeah, Gliscor'd's image has got to be the worst disguise of all. You can even see the R on the shirt.

Ash must be really dense for never being able to see through them. Yet he did have doubt once and saw through Meowth's Kirlia disguise (with his Pokédex), so he isn't completely gullible.

3yx3ewl.jpg

Usually I'm fine with Ash and co. falling for Team Rocket's disguises, but this is just ridiculous. Of the writers or whoever it was who gave them those disguises.

I'd have to agree with their green robes in Dawn of a New Era being their worst.

There was only one time I watched it and didn't realise it was them straight away, and that was as the old couple who asked Todd Snap to capture Pikachu for them in Pokemon Paparazzi.

Every single one of them.

Seriously, I have to say that the show shares one thing common with the games, and that is that EVERYONE in the Pokemon world is retarded.

I know the best one was during the first Jigglypuff episode. When Jessie and James dressed up as rockstar punks, I honestly was fooled.

That was one of my favorites and they used those disguises in "A Breed Stampede” and “Fighting Ire with Fire” if I remember correctly. In the Jigglypuff episode, I loved the way James said “Just crank the speakers up to 11!” Haha, now those were good costumes!!

I'd have to agree with their green robes in Dawn of a New Era being their worst.

There was only one time I watched it and didn't realise it was them straight away, and that was as the old couple who asked Todd Snap to capture Pikachu for them in Pokemon Paparazzi.

Yeah, that episode had the great “old couple” disguise. I think the one thing that gives them away to the audience the most would probably be Meowth (I loved how it was on a leash! and how it cried along with Jessie and James when they told Todd the story about Pikachu) if it is not dressed up or anything.

Yeah, "James in a Bikini" was really weird. WHY would he DO THAT???

3yx3ewl.jpg

Totally agree. Hair color is the same, clothes are the same aside from the green jacket and they still fell for it. Guess it has to do with the glasses (Clark Kent reference:p)

What about the one where James dresses as a girl and both him and Jessie wear skirts and have orange hair? That one was creepy..

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom