• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst way to faint

The worst way to faint in a battle?

• Being Walled and watching your HP get drained by Leech Seed.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Flinch multiple times, then taking a critical hit.

Votes: 41 55.4%
  • Being asleep for 5 turns, seeing your Pokemon attacked, and you helpless.

Votes: 22 29.7%

• Total voters

Shiny Shinx

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn!
Reaction score
Out of these horrible and dreadful, what do you think is the worst way to have your Pokemon defeated!? The one that makes you so mad, that you want to say "unfreaken beleivable," like Brian Griffin and throw your game aganst the wall. The one that makes you think "what are the odds?"

Re: Worst way to faint: #1

what about you and a gym leader on their last pokemon, both on red. Then, before you hit them with the winning attack, they use a d**n full restore, then on the next move, THEY hit you with the winning attack?

Fainting to a shiny pokemon because it wouldn't go in the damn ball and attacks you untill you black out.

In Gen I-
Attempting to hit a Poliwag over and over with Fury Attack, but your Fearow keeps missing and the Poliwag keeps scoring critical hits and lowering its speed. Then you try Peck, but that misses too. Then the Poliwag puts Fearow to sleep with Hypnosis and proceeds to kill you with more Bubbles.

This happened to me, and I swear that fucking tadpole was hacked.

Having your team wiped out by a Magikarp who holds Focus Sash and was given Belly Drum and Agility via Baton Pass. If that wasn't enough, how about having your team wiped out by a lvl 1 Aron w/ Sturdy, Shell Bell and Fake Tears while there's a sandstorm bought out by Tyranitar?

Having your team wiped out by a Magikarp who holds Focus Sash and was given Belly Drum and Agility via Baton Pass. If that wasn't enough, how about having your team wiped out by a lvl 1 Aron w/ Sturdy, Shell Bell and Fake Tears while there's a sandstorm bought out by Tyranitar?

Sadly, I've been in that situation once. First time I ever saw it.

Flinch multiple times, then taking a critical hit. Seeing your toughest Pokemon getting their asses handed to them because they can't stop doing something as pathetic as flinching is infuriating enough without the critical hit. I'm surprised my DS is still in one piece after my encounters with Togekisses.

There is nothing worse than your opponent clearly having the disadvantage and winning based off pure flinching and critical hit luck.

I have almost thrown my 3DS across the room a few times when on battle subway because of this lol. :p

i think you mean endeavor...
regardless that's a pretty bad way to faint

hm

- double crit is awful
- i think struggle death is really bad too

How about....

Fighting Lance. 1 Pokemon left on each side. Tyranitar VS Charizard. Both in red. Choose Rock Slide. Miss. Charizard uses Flamethrower. Critical Hit. Tyranitar faints.

True Story :saiyan:.

Probably having a bet with friend that I could beat the Battle Subway with just a stall team. Out comes Reuniclus. ^&@%. &$*% Magic Guard...

Suiciding with Perish Song on your last Pokemon.

Lance does it 24x7.

It hurt itself in it's confusion!
FFS

Worst way to faint: #2

More of those hair-pulling moments, when your so angry at the foes Pokemon that you start using Flamthower! The times you put your game in a cannon and shoot it into the wild yander. When you want to just stranggle your foe. When you want to just curse your foe, and fallow him everywhere, making his life miserble.

Last edited:
Re: Worst way to faint: #2

Picture the scene.

You're facing the Champion of the region (or Ghetsis - damn you, Ghetsis), and you have them down to their last Pokémon. Unfortunately, you are also on your last Pokémon, having used all of your revives and other medicines, and are running low on HP. You decide to use your Pokemon's strongest move, knowing that it will win you the battle, but, oh no! It missed!

And of course their attack didn't miss.

And of course you ended up losing the battle.

One hit KO attacks annoy me to no end. And I always forget to but on the focus band.

Being confused send me over the edge. And it doesn't help that I'm to lazy to switch out.

Me having an Infernape and my Opponent having a Slaking with an item that increases speed and you faint before you can finish the Slaking off for good

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom