• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst way to faint

The worst way to faint in a battle?

• Being Walled and watching your HP get drained by Leech Seed.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Flinch multiple times, then taking a critical hit.

Votes: 41 55.4%
  • Being asleep for 5 turns, seeing your Pokemon attacked, and you helpless.

Votes: 22 29.7%

• Total voters
When you have your Leafeon use dig and it's under ground, then on the next turn, you have Typhlosion do Lava Plume, but the stupid Leafeon does it's attack first and it ends up fainting because it was acting stupid...

Confusion is like an STD. It will just keep hurting and hurting until it seemingly goes away. But then, it will come back for sure. It will weaken everything so much and push so far into the red that nothing will ever be resolved.

And of course, it won't affect the person who originally gave it.

Years ago, I had done a really stupid thing...

I finally evolved my Flygon and I heard that even if it uses Dig, it won't be affected by Earthquake cuz of Levitate, so I got so epic giddy and wanted to try it out.

A double battle against some random trainer, I sent out Flygon and Rampardos.

I picked Flygon to Dig, and Rampardos to use Earthquake - then laughed with triumph at the thought of the lolzy outcome...

Flygon fainted!

...forgot about Mold Breaker.

Serperior is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Foe's Cinccino used Swift!
A critical hit!
Serperior is paralysed! It can't move!
A critical hit!
Serperior is confused!
It hurt itself in confusion!
A critical hit!
Serperior is confused!
Serperior used Leaf Storm!
Serperior's attack missed!
Cinccino used Sing!
Serperior fell asleep!
Serperior is fast asleep!
Cinccino used Swift!
Serperior fainted!

...Happened to me for real. Just bumped into a random trainer who wanted to battle me... And he proceeds to own my Lv69 Serperior. And of course, the rest of my party just had to consist of Eggs.

*sigh*

Out of the choices given, being asleep 5 turns and being taken out.

But the worst way IMO is being Confused and killing yourself. Feels bad, man.

I think that getting to the point when you have no PP left for any moves, and then struggling so much that you faint is one of the worst ways to go. Not that it happens often, but it sure did for me back on Blue Version, and it was a terrible way for a Pokemon to faint.

not nearly as annoying or common as confusion, but occasionally when you get a traded pokemon...

"Mew is loafing around."
"Mew didn't listen!"
"Mew pretended not to hear."

and THEN they STILL hurt themselves in confusion. what is there to be confused about?! i promise you i don't magically become a different trainer when i get the next gym badge 0_o

Being walled and watching your Poke slowly losing life to something like leech seed, it being your last Poke at that. That is really annoying as it can waste a bunch of time when you have that feeling that your next move could land a critical hit or something to help you out of the situation.

I'm not gonna vote in the poll, because the most annoying way I've been defeated is probably a toss-up between one-hit KOs and fainting yourself in confusion.

And to break the monotony, I also get really pissed when my Pokemon flinches instead of initiates what could be a pivotal move. The feeling of knowing your Pokemon just blew it and you're pretty much screwed... it sucks.

Walls. I hate walls so much. The Umbreon wall (Curse, Payback...and either the Toxic/Leftovers set or the Confuse Ray/Moonlight set). Wailord walls (Amnesia and Curse plus Waterfall plus bulk) or the Whiscash wall (Amnesia, Curse, Rest, and Earthquake) causes sweepers to die if they fly or have levitate by struggle-factor alone, or, since status conditions get wiped away, you just die. Or the newest one I discovered: the Lilligant wall (Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Synthesis...).

Which is why a specialize in sweepers. When that wall appears, I blow it down as fast as I can and rarely fail, if ever. I hate walls.

I've had a lot of instances where my pokemon are defeated with moves that are weak against them but score critical hits. Or times my pokemon flinch repeatedly, or are confused and beat themselves, or just plain miss...

how about being infatuated or paralyzed along with confusion so dang annoying. Or what about repeated flinch that that makes no sense at all

I voted the second option, only that I would include Paralysis as well.

But, the worst way of fainting is after one of your Pokemon defeats another with a tidbit of HP...

...and that tidbit of HP goes away either due to poison, burning, Hail, Sandstorm, or a Life Orb. That just pisses me off, because it actually means the survival was for nothing. :/

Re: Worst way to faint: #1

There is nothing worse than your opponent clearly having the disadvantage and winning based off pure flinching and critical hit luck.

I have almost thrown my 3DS across the room a few times when on battle subway because of this lol. :p

Battle Tower/Subway cheats... such as when me and Akinai were doing the MultiBattle Train. and after a battle where I got hax luck up to eleven (and saved a video of it, too), the Subway Bosses proceeded to throw out a Durant that does WAY more damage than it should, and it with a Garbodor completely swept us...

Personally, I find it annoying to faint from Selfdestruct or Explosion, but those probably aren't the worst ways (because the opponent is actually helping you by KO'ing his own Pokemon).

The worst way for me is getting hit by an attack that wouldn't normal KO you, but the opponent gets lucky and lands a crit. SO annoying.

those trainers that break my win streak - they ALWAYS send out a pokemon that puts me at a disadvantage, and they ALWAYS attack first. AND ALMOST ALWAYS KO me!! WORST WAY TO FAINT!

Battle Tower/Subway cheats... such as when me and Akinai were doing the MultiBattle Train. and after a battle where I got hax luck up to eleven (and saved a video of it, too), the Subway Bosses proceeded to throw out a Durant that does WAY more damage than it should, and it with a Garbodor completely swept us...

Exactly XD I have managed to get past all of the normal trains (Multi,Single,Double etc.), but when it comes to the "Super versions" I only get so far because I swear the game has already decided when I win and when I lose.

Also the opponents in Battle Subway always seem to have 100% of everything (Accuracy, Flinching, Secondary effects etc.) and my Pokemon seem to have a 5% chance of those effects taking place lol.

I voted in the flinch one.

Only God knows how I hate that Durant -__-

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom