• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Would a David Cage Style Pokémon Game Work?

MrMeowPuss

Reaction score
Has anyone else ever been curious/wanted a David Cage style Pokémon game?

For those who aren’t familiar with him, he makes games that play more like an interactive movie such as Heavy Rain, Detroit Become Human, Beyond: Two Souls. With these games you have decisions and events that play out and depending on what you choose, this can effect the story and ending.

Although in those games death is a common thing for the stories (which isn’t in Pokémon), it could easily be applied to Pokémon in a different way such as simply not catching a Pokémon or simply being defeated and needing to take a different approach.

Imagine a super linear story based game that feels like you are playing an episode of the anime. As you walk down Route 1 you see wild Pokémon running/flying by and rather than just catching every Pokémon you see, each Pokémon you catch is more attached to a story event. If successful/unsuccessful in catching that Pokémon, it could change the events of the story which could be the same for gyms/trainer battles.

With games like Legends Arceus we’ve seen they are willing to try something different and even have a slightly more serious tone to their games so this type of game could work.

I know it’s highly unlikely to ever happen but am I the only one that thinks this type of game would be amazing?

If there's one thing I've learned it's that you're only limited by your imagination and the technology of the day.

I'm a casual fan of the games made by Quantic Dream, so I would be interested in seeing how it would turn out. A traditional Pokémon plot involving the Badge Quest and whatnot might be too difficult to implement in QD's classic style so I could see them taking a different angle and centering it around another aspect of the PokéWorld such as being a Pokémon Ranger instead. Alternatively they could really push the boat out and take some cues from Detective Pikachu and be more of a mystery story investigating an Evil Team under Looker and the choices you make determine your path either bringing them to justice or ultimately joining the Evil Team yourself.

Just a few ideas. :unsure:

If there's one thing I've learned it's that you're only limited by your imagination and the technology of the day.

I'm a casual fan of the games made by Quantic Dream, so I would be interested in seeing how it would turn out. A traditional Pokémon plot involving the Badge Quest and whatnot might be too difficult to implement in QD's classic style so I could see them taking a different angle and centering it around another aspect of the PokéWorld such as being a Pokémon Ranger instead. Alternatively they could really push the boat out and take some cues from Detective Pikachu and be more of a mystery story investigating an Evil Team under Looker and the choices you make determine your path either bringing them to justice or ultimately joining the Evil Team yourself.

Just a few ideas. :unsure:
Great ideas and yes there’s a lot of potential for different stories under this type of game. It certainly wouldn’t interest everyone but I feel if done well, it could be a great type of spinoff for those of us who enjoy the anime as well as the games.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom