• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would Hugh alone could've been better than Cameron and Virgil together?

I for one thought Hugh was a total asshole who projected his own desires on to his sister and was more concerned with a ridiculous goal given the time scale than fighting team plasma. So I'm glad he wasn't in the series. And I'm fine with Episode N as is and if they didn't put him in episode N what would be the fucking point.

Last edited:
I'd rather the anime mess up two characters I don't really care for (i.e. league-only rivals...) than one that I do. Hugh doesn't want to be Ash's rival...he wants to...DESTROY PLASMA.

it would have been hilarious if he suddenly popped out of the ground like a mole during the plasma arc. ("HEADS UP I'M ABOUT TO UNLEASH MY RAAAAAAGE") That would have been a sufficient cameo. A lot of his character development centered around PLASMA so it'd be awkward to make him suddenly interested in beating Ash.

I would like Hugh to come in during the Team PLasma arc. If he wants to destroy Team Plasma so much, it wouldn't make sense for him to appear when Team Plasma is nowhere in sight.
Better yet, have him be the one to inform Ash and Co. about Team Plasma. It would tie Hugh in very nicely with the plot, and transition Team Plasma's appearance smoother.

Unfortunately, Virgil is a moving advertisment of the Eevee family, so it's almost impossible to not include him whenever possible. Even Cameron got some Lucario marketing, though Hugh would make a nice entrance as the person that beats Cheren in that Episode N episode. I think that Hugh's Purrloin thing, combined with Cilan's fear of them, would make a great plot element to have in the lackluster imo Episode N.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom