• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would Misty be a good female rival for Ash?

Should Misty become Ash's rival(if she wasn't already)?

• Absolutely Yes! It would make me, and many fans very happy!

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • No, nothing against Misty, but I'd rather not

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Yes, but not his main rival, secondary maybe

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • No, her being Ash's rival does not interest me

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters

Cascada

Reaction score
If she wasn't already? Seriously, I use to love it when Misty and Ash went at it back in the day. They had a good number of battles.

Ash battled more against Misty, than any other of his friends I believe. That is fact!

Misty and Ash battled in a Gym(Misty won that match, she already was up one, despite it not being finished, IMO)

Misty and Ash battled for Togepi and Totodile(Totodile was given more credibility, though.)

Misty and Ash battled in the Whirl Cup(where Misty one fair and square, not by DEM, IMO.)

I personally believe Misty is better than Aah as a trainer, and that is me personally. With that said, I think Misty leaving the Gym and becoming Ash's rival one day would be a worthwhile thing to see.

The writers grow each time, but when Misty left, I felt upset at the fact that Ash got all the glory, when Misty was a battler too. Misty actually had the most pokemon joining the show.

I would love to see Misty become Ash's rival, because she says she was tired of living in his limelight, and being stuck at the GYM.

She would rotate, compete in Gyms, and even battle with Ash from time to time, leading to one possible match, possibly the Series Finale.

Before anyone says I should stop living in the past, I'm not really this would accomplish so many things. All these fan disputes would probably settle down that Misty would be apart of the show again, it would be very refreshing, and her battle skills would be showcased tremendously.

In all honesty, I believe Misty was the closest girl Ash ever had to a female rival, and I really don't like how Gym Leaders are set up to lose, even though the Cerulean Gym is my favorite Gym.

The poll option isn't biased. Be honest, how would it seem like to see Misty come back as Ash's rival, and participate in Leagues and such.

It is not impossible. Misty is a battler, is she not? Ash and Misty have battled before, have they not? They each defeated each other once, have they not?

Misty becoming Ash's rival, hopefully his first female rival would be so much better then cameos here and there.

Oh joy a Misty thread, time to get my popcorn!
Seriously though, when will people get it that she's never going to return? And I mean NEVER.

Who's Misty?

People, people please. Don't take this as a joke. No disrespect to anyone, but I don't expect everyone to say yes. It would be boring anyway.

I am not making this for arguments, I am making it to appeal to the older fanbase, and to bring up, what I think is, an interesting topic.

If any of you feel differently, please do not reply or PM me with any questions, qualms, or severe disagreements that you feel may not be taken seriously.

Thanks

Better watch out, I could have poisoned it! :)

Laughed so hard at this.

Of course she'd make a good rival for Ash, not as intense as Paul (the best rival you could get) but she would at least make a decent 'Barry' for example. They already had the disagreement part down to an art.

Can we please stop being so childish and cruel, and know most of you are probably masturbating whilst typing in your mean comments, but this thread should be kept clean.

Oh trust me, Misty threads are never boring, and that's where the problem is. Misty threads are misty threads, which means most of the time, they should never be made.

Oh no, no, no... I love Misty but in no way, shape or form will she ever be a suitable rival for Ash. Though I would love to see her in an official Gym Battle against him.

Can we please stop being so childish and cruel, and know most of you are probably masturbating whilst typing in your mean comments, but this thread should be kept clean.

I laughed so hard at this!!! ;) But I do agree, and appreciate you being respectful.

Oh trust me, Misty threads are never boring, and that's where the problem is. Misty threads are misty threads, which means most of the time, they should never be made.

But, in a large sense, there is a lack of respect. I want this thread to be taken seriously. So, may you answer the simple question. How do you feel about a future Ash and Misty rivalry?

If you can't answer the question, please do me a favor my man, and GTFO!!! KTHNXBYE

You've spread you negativity, mission accomplished?

Because we'd like to keep this thread fairly light.

To be honest, I really don't care if Misty becomes Ash's rival. I mean, she's been a really good friend to Ash.

Cascada, keep it up. You'll soon be crowned as the new Weedle McHairybug.

Why isn't there a hell no answer? Kasumi is my favorite girl but she would not make a good rival for Satoshi. Especially after we just got ones like Shinji and Jun.

Seriously, why can people except that she isn't coming back for anything for than a couple of episodes or a cameo? We should enjoy her in her episodes, not try to shoehorn her in everywhere.

Just my two cents.

EDIT:
And, I like him :p

...No comment. Just... No comment.

How do you feel about a future Ash and Misty rivalry?

I want to answer! I want! OK, there never will be one, bye.

I can't believe in Misty fans, first they think that she will return to main cast, now female rival for Ash, seriously lol. Misty's character soon will fadeaway forever, she won't even get cameos in future, wirters got no reason to do anything with her.

Seriously, why can people except that she isn't coming back for anything for than a couple of episodes or a cameo? We should enjoy her in her episodes, not try to shoehorn her in everywhere.

People have accepted that. No one's saying it will happen, it's hypothetical >.>

This.

Seriously, stop to open these threads. Why you don't open thread about May? Only Misty's in your mind.

And to the question - no.

Maybe in this way (becoming a rival), Misty can express her feelings on him...
because Ash didn't do anything than battles then battles..

Seriously, stop to open these threads. Why you don't open thread about May? Only Misty's in your mind.
Even if someone made a thread about May, it would soon be filled with Misty shit~

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom