• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would Paul have won if he had used all his powerhouses?

Would Paul have won if he had used all his powerhouses?

• Yes definitely!

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Probably

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Probably not

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • It wouldn't have made any difference!

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
@Missingno. Master
To be perfectly honest, I'd still see Paul winning (mostly due to purely biased fangirl favoritism on my part. I wanted Paul to wipe the floor with Ash at the league so bad it's not even funny.)
  • I could see Electivire double KO-ing with Charizard and easily taking out Kingler, who I personally don't think should even be considered a "strong" member of his team. He gets no training and then suddenly it's the strongest thing ever when he finally does battle, he not only manages to defeat his opponent, but suddenly evolves out of nowhere? And yet it's an absolute travesty when Kibago suddenly learns Outrage mid-battle. :rolleyes:
  • I could see Magmortar easily taking down Glalie then he'd probably have Snorlax activate it's Flame Body ability (because we all know Ash would be the type to still attack head on despite the ability, as seen with Frillish/Pururiru) before switching out for like Ursaring or what have you to finish it off.
  • Primeape shouldn't even be mentioned because we will never see from it again. At least Pidgeot gets Opening Cameo's, we might as well just say Ash never caught Mankey and move on with our lives.
  • Torterra would kill Pikachu with Frenzy Plant and Stomp, end of story.

If it went like that, I'd be the happiest fan ever.

WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION

Torterra
  • Can change the direction of Stone Edge
  • Very dangerous with Giga Drain/Frenzy Plant combo
  • Can catch enemies with Crunch through a close range attack followed by Giga Drain

Electivire
  • Can use Thunder as a Counter Shield
  • Can use Thunder on the battlefield
  • Motor Drive
  • Can use it's tails to grab opponents
  • Protect

Drapion
  • Toxic Spikes
  • Can use it's tail to grab opponents
  • Can attack from different angles including from behind.
  • Poison Fang

Ursaring
  • Guts
  • Bulk Up

Magmortar
  • Can use Rock Tomb as a shield and for suprise attacks
  • Flame Body
  • Smog
  • Will-O-Wisp

Honchkrow
  • Super Luck
  • Haze

No, because the story was written for Ash to win against Paul and lose against Tobias. They are fictional characters whose strength can't be meassured appropiately, Leon's team was supposed to be mostly unbeatable and Ash still beat him.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom