• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would superpowers count as magic?

i feel like this is getting too... into the details of things, but i think a necessary clarification that needs to be established is "magic" and "supernatural". you can make the argument that the former can fit into the latter which is a whole 'nother discusion, but anyway...

taking the example of super strength into consideration, it depends on how much stronger one actually becomes. there's a difference between peak human physical strength and "strong enough to lift a truck with ease". the latter we associate a lot more with feats common to superheroes, so while not inherently magical, it's supernatural.

there are some easy arguments to make for superpowers that can count as magic. telekinesis, flight, invulnerability (i guess to an extent), energy blasts, things of that nature. but there's a difference between those and taking existing human characteristics and stretching them to supernatural levels as in the case of super strength.

Back
Top Bottom