• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HELP: Would you be interested in seeing...

Patrick Haines

Lone Scribe for the Lord of Time
Reaction score
I am brainstorming a lot of ideas for follow-up stories to The Legend of Ampharos, based in Pókran (my version of PokéEarth). I am having difficulty settling on a project, so I would like some insight. Would you like to see...

1. The Journal of a Young Girl and her Journey through Kalos (its kind of an experiment I am doing with journaling while I play through X one more time)
2. Short Stories about the Elemental Masters
--Including: An Epic Battle between Patrick and Red
--What has become of the Fuchsia Safari Zone since it closed
--A showdown between the Elemental Masters and representatives from the Pokémon League
--Patrick completing his Kanto Pokédex
--How Lucy discovered Patrick unconscious in Pallet Town
3. Patrick and Bryan hunting down the rest of the Legendary Pokémon about 20 years in the future (full-length, more-or-less sequel to The Legend of Ampharos)
4. A journey fic from the Pokémon's POV. The Pokémon believes he is the one training the trainer

Well, I haven't read your stuff, so if an outsider's perspective matters any:

1. There's a thousand and one journeyfics out there already, and there's nothing extremely special about your description of it here - save for the journal format, but it's not exactly a selling point. For people to get more interested, you'd need some unique hook and to really advertise that hook so .
2. Short stories are easier for new readers to get into than full-length fics, but they too should have an internal structure so that they're not just "deleted scenes" of the full fics in the universe. Otherwise an outside reader is just gonna feel like "okay, so a thing happened, I guess" after finishing one.
3. Can't really comment on this one since I don't know the characters. It's likely gonna lean strongly on the characters if there's lots of traveling and searching.
4. Now this has the kind of hook I mentioned at the start. Having a Pokémon as the star of a pokéfic is also something with a big audience.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom