• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you be satisfied if in Legends: Arceus, you fight the titular Pokemon in a new form...

Does this sound good to you?

• Total voters
I would only want Arceus to have a different form if it were similar to Giratina; a form based not on a gimmicky mechanic but to demonstrate the space-time continuum's fluidity in the Pokemon world and reality-bending power of something that could be considered a true PokeGod. Stat boosts are less impactful than the whole storyline of Giratina, and I'd rather explore the meaning of Arceus for the pre-modern Sinnohans and a unique environment that shows Arceus impacting and being impacted by its own strength. Maybe it could be, as someone else suggested, evident of how it can change types... Maybe it could involve 'prismatic rainbow' type of color change instead of the single tone shift that Plates currently give it, lol. But I would hate if it had an item that seems as OP as the one those Youtubers suggested.

I would only want Arceus to have a different form if it were similar to Giratina; a form based not on a gimmicky mechanic but to demonstrate the space-time continuum's fluidity in the Pokemon world and reality-bending power of something that could be considered a true PokeGod. Stat boosts are less impactful than the whole storyline of Giratina, and I'd rather explore the meaning of Arceus for the pre-modern Sinnohans and a unique environment that shows Arceus impacting and being impacted by its own strength. Maybe it could be, as someone else suggested, evident of how it can change types... Maybe it could involve 'prismatic rainbow' type of color change instead of the single tone shift that Plates currently give it, lol. But I would hate if it had an item that seems as OP as the one those Youtubers suggested.
This, Poketubers don't know a thing about valid forms.

I don't give a squiddly squog about stats or special moves or anything like that. Though I'd be surprised if Arceus didn't have like an Origin Form or something. Would be the only time I'd find a pokemon having ??? type appropriate. I mean, this is the god of the pokemon world after all.

That said, doesn't matter what they do with it. I'm going to be kicking its butt, stuffing it in a ball, and shoving it in whatever the equivalent of a box is in that time period. Unless they don't actually let you catch it.

...This is going to be a nightmare for any timeline and lore things. Like. Can't be any form of canon if you catch Arceus waaaay in the past.

Its still too early to say anything. Its been like almost 6 months and we still have had no news. According to some Smogon mods, this is one of, if not the longest news droughts on upcoming Pokemon titles.

Yes, Arceus should get a new form like eternamax eternatus, in a really challenging battle. Its the most important pokemon in universe, its the creator, even if its not omnipotent or omniscient. Remember, this game is for single players, you wont be able to battle competitively with it, so it should have a longer storyline and a more challenging boss. Arceus is said to have shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms, but current form doesnt have arms. To defeat it , you should befriend the lake trio, use them to catch dialga , palkia and giratina , and use all six of them to defeat arceus boss form. I also want new forms for dialga and palkia. They have their own dimensions , but we never visited them .

But here is the thing: It has to be the same as in the DS games, unless BDSP explains why the new forms of LA doesn't exist anymore (Which the games won't do, since they come out before LA, and they aren't gonna spoil LA in BDSP).

For this reason alone, Arceus having a new form in LA makes no sense, unless its explained in-universe it lost the form (In the same game no less, since you can't explain it in the OG's or the remake), which makes the new form pointless, if it loses it in the same game.

They could explain it in the same game, but we're also in the era of DLC where they could add a new event to BDSP after the fact that further explores the connections to LA.

Like... I don't want any reason to have to play BDSP but it seems like it'd be a missed opportunity if they didn't do something to connect the games.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom