• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you consider yourself a game collector?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Recently, I went through and organized my physical game collection. I used to just have all my games loose, bu it was getting hard to find specific games, and I wanted to put them back into their cases to make sure all the cases, manuals, and games were in the same place. I'd never really considered myself to be a collector before, but after looking at my two full bookshelf shelves of DS, 3DS, Switch, and Wii/Wii U games...I've kind of changed my mind.

Would you consider yourself to be a collector? If so, what systems do you collect for? Any awesome deals you've gotten recently that you'd want to share?

Whilst I would very much like to be a game collector, I wouldn't say that I definitively fit that criteria as I am right now. I'm more interested in collecting the consoles themselves; as of right now, I own a Gamecube, PS2, PS4, every DS model aside from XLs, a Wii, a Switch, and I've just purchased a PSP from a friend. I also put down the deposit for a Steam Deck, though that isn't finalised and I think was more of an interest check than a reservation. Anyway...

I could maybe consider myself a collector of Pokemon games; I have at least one version in each pair of mainline games since Ruby, most of the spinoffs, and I own all of them physically. Apart from Pokemon, I'm slowly working on my Drakengard and NieR collection, of which I'm only missing Drakengard 3 and the original Replicant and Gestalt. Whilst not an 'awesome' deal exactly, I did manage to secure both Drakengard games on PS2 for under £100, which is apparently cheaper than most people are able to find them for!

Whilst I might not have a very sizeable collection (yet!), I do take pride in my displays, so I thought I'd attach some pictures.
Please ignore the dust. Very busy university student rarely has time to dust. I need to go dust immediately.

WHog6av.jpg
OtwIcjZ.jpg

Yeah I'm a game collector, I've got a fairly large collection of physical games for various consoles as well as the consoles themselves, my largest collections are of Mega Drive, Saturn and Gamecube games. I also specifically collect Pokemon and Sonic games :)

Sega Saturn Games and Consoles:
yiDN1TN.jpg

My Display Cuboard:
IMG-20211130-230825347.jpg
IMG-20211130-233045999.jpg
IMG-20211130-230048397.jpg
IMG-20211130-230059959.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly...I'm more of a book collector than a game collector. Of my games I have in order of gaming console:

PS2
  • Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
  • Quidditch World Cup
  • Medal of Honor Rising Sun
  • Avatar the Last Airbender Burning Earth
  • Avatar the Last Airbender Into the Inferno
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
PS3:
  • Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
  • God of War 3
  • Lord of the Rings War In The North

PS4:
  • Disney Classics (Lion King & Aladdin-have not downloaded yet Jungle Book)
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Assassin's Creed Origins
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (digital, came with Ps4)
  • God of War (digital, came with PS4)
  • Last of Us Remastered
  • Last of Us Part 2
  • Five Nights at Freddys collection
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Sonic Mania
  • The Last Guardian
  • Vikings-Wolves of Midguard
  • Star Wars Battlefront (another disappointing game if you ask me that I have-bought it with high expectations that failed)
  • Spyro Reignited Trilogy
  • Grand Theft Auto 5

Nintendo 3DSXL:
  • Pokemon Black
  • Pokemon Moon
  • Pokemon Ultra Sun
  • Pokemon X
Nintendo Switch:
  • Legends of Arceus (digital)
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom