• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you consider yourself a happy person?

Would you consider yourself a happy person?
I find myself unhappy pretty often, but I do have my moments to the contrary. Generally it's loneliness, anxiety, and self-doubt that get me down the most.
Are you satisfied with your life the way it is currently?
I'm honestly pretty unsatisfied with life at times. I often feel as though I should be doing more with my time, but I just can't think of what more I could do. I'd like some friends, so that's one thing that bothers me a lot.
Do you worry about the future and if so, does it impact your life now?
While I do have something of a plan for my future mapped out, accomplishing it will be another story entirely. As such, I worry about how I'll go from Point A to Point B a lot.

Above all else, a common thread in my usual gloominess is my habit of worrying about just about everything I can. I generally feel better whenever I'm able to keep a clear head and just go about my day without a care in the world. Easier said than done sometimes though.

Well, I have Panic Disorder and OCD to such a severe degree that I need 4 different medications just to be able to think clearly and function on a basic level. I'm also on the autism spectrum so it makes me frustrated and sad that I can't understand how other people think and feel, and how I'm unable to forge meaningful connections with them.

I worry about what I see on the news a lot, how my country (USA) is becoming increasingly violent and dangerous and how our current President has no idea how to properly run a country. (I don't want to start a political debate though, just voicing my own concerns).

I'm also painfully aware of how I'm becoming increasingly out of touch with the younger generations; how I don't necessarily agree with their views on what is and isn't politically correct anymore and things like that. I hate that the world I grew up in has changed so much over the years, and I know that the older I get the greater this feeling of dissonance will become.

Basically I just hate feeling so out of control on every level, both on a personal scale as well as a global scale.

I don't feel 100% happy with my life anymore, but I'm still very grateful for what I have and that's a lot. I'm not satisfied with the way my life is currently on the job/studies/financial departments, everything else is great. I do worry about the future and it does impact me now.

the only thing im happy about is that now ive had depression actually diagnosed so i can stop feeling like im just a burden for no reason

Hm...
pokemonno.jpg

But it's kinda weird

Uh, my thoughts on this depend on my current mood xD

Most of the time I think I'm pretty happy/content even for just the smallest things; even when everything here is technically going to hell lol.

Not gonna lie though, when I get down, everything will hit me at once and then I'll feel super unhappy and bitter at just about everything bad in my life.

So, I'm pretty much happy and cheerful most of the time, yeah; but when I'm down, I'm down, lol.

I'd say I'm generally a pretty happy person. I smile at some of the dumbest little things and I like taking time to appreciate everything going on around me.

But when I'm down there's a black hole and I'm just dead inside and it's a struggle. But most of the time I'm okay.
*sigh* This is a difficult question for me. As someone who has both borderline personality disorder and schizoaffective disorder it is extremely difficult for me to self-regulate my emotions, thus making it so any little thing can become a "catastrophe," and my happiness level can vary wildly from one minute to the next.

I know this post is from last year, but I can totally relate to this. I don't think I have any particularly diagnosed (self or otherwise) conditions, but when I'm not entirely feeling my best (and that could be even "just a little bit" off all it takes it one small thing and everything is a total disaster.

(also just to shame myself, I had originally typed "generally I'm a happy birthday" before realising what I'd done)

Well, I have aspergers, post traumatic stress disorder and depression. The results are loneliness, anxiety, self-hatred 24/7 worrying and overthinking, social awkwardness...

People always tell me to think positively and let things go, but my shitty brain is simply not capable of doing that. If it was that simple, I wouldn't be mentally ill.

However, it's a bit better than it used to be. I don't get bullied anymore like I did in elementary school and high school. And at least I have my best friend now. Even though she lives far away and I only see her once per year, at least I'm never 100% alone.

So yeah, very unhappy, but at least I've experienced a few moments of pure peace, love and happiness. If you told me that four years ago, I would've never believed that.

Last edited:
I'd consider myself a simple person before I'd call myself a happy one. Very simple things like buying cards, listening to music, or playing games are enough to make me happy.

But with my life? I'm not very happy. I accumulated a debt, there have been some financial struggles, transportation is a bother since I don't drive. These things don't really get me down though, it just makes me realize I need to be responsible with how I handle things.

I guess the simple pleasures are enough to make me happy really. I don't like to worry to far off about my future since I'm prone to panic attacks and prefer having a firm grasp of what's going on all around me.

As someone who lost her father just last month I am definitely not a happy person.
But even if I am able to recover from that sorrow someday, there is the fact that I have severe social anxiety, mild depression and mild OCD. So it is really very difficult to function and be happy.

But still I try to be grateful for what I have and generally try to lead if not happy atleast a satisfactory life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am, overall, a happy person, and people often comment on it if I'm not smiling. I've been struggling with both social anxiety and depression, though (depression is pretty common where I live, due to lack of sun), and was absent from school a lot when I was younger. It has gotten a lot better since then.

I'd say my life itself is decent at the moment. I think a lot about the future, as I am planning on studying animation, which isn't a very sturdy career in Norway, but I try not to worry.

No I don't think I'm a happy person. I got annoyed by something on an online platform that really shouldn't have gotten any acknowledgement from me period.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom