• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you like Jessie to compete in Tripokalon Competitions like Serena and Shauna?

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
After seeing this image, it seems that Jessie might also compete in Tripokalon competitions and I want to know what you guys think about it.

B3RC_L8CQAIg2Cs.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Would you like Jessie to compete in Tripokalon Competitions like Serena and Shaun

Ah back to DP and AG when Jessie disguised herself as Jessilina (however you spell that name) when she competed in contests.

Re: Would you like Jessie to compete in Tripokalon Competitions like Serena and Shaun

She will, though I'm not really thrilled about it, but then again at least she's now doing something rather than just being an annoying plot device.

I think it'll be fab, I've always found Jessie's attempts at fame hugely entertaining ever since Princess Vs. Princess

I think there's a high chance for her to not be in disguise here. She already told Serena and the others that she'd love to be the Kalos Queen and compete in the Tripokalons.

Everybody would know she's Jessie, but they would have to deal with it and treat her like an equal here because she isn't doing anything wrong, she's just competing like any other person. This would be something interesting to see. Now it doesn't mean James and Meowth couldn't do some dirty tricks to help her win, though...

Yes, I do. Jessie has always brought so much energy and charm into any competition that she participates in.

This is especially true for contests; most of the participants appeal using flashy moves and combinations, and in most cases the coordinator with the flashiest moves often advances to the next round. Jessie's appeals were different; they not only focused on her (being the narcissist she is), but most of them were unconventional, and in some cases, simple. For example, in the Sandalstraw Contest, Jessie had Mime Jr. dance with Mimic and engage both her and the audience. In the Sinnoh Grand Festival, Jessie made herself stand out by only sending out her Carnivine for an appeal, but later used a snake whistle to symbolically summon Seviper from Carnivine's mouth.

She was able to advance past the appeals in most of those contests just because of her unique charm.

Similarly, I can see Jessie's performances making each Pokémon Showcase more interesting. Jessie is a natural at coming up with noteworthy themes.

I have a feeling Jessie will do well in Pokémon Showcases, since the performer's abilities and movements are evaluated as well. That is, assuming the writers follow the same tread for this character as they had done throughout DP.

Not this *beep* again :-|

I just hope she gets some wins (DP) and isn't just a total butt-monkey (AG, especially Hoenn)

Last edited:

I can't see the picture D: Noooooo I want so see D:

And yes I'd really LOVE to see her compete in Tripokalon! She's the true and only Kalos Queen to me right now XD
I just hope she will be treaten like a prominent rival and not like some joke :/ In my opinion Tripokalon could work even better with her personality than Contests. I remember she sucked at Contests at first, because she was making performances too much about herself. As far as I know, in Tripokalon both Pokemon and the trainer's performance are equally important, so she may really shine here. But yeah, under condition the writers won't make her a joke again *crosses fingers*

Yes! Yes! Yes! I absolutely loved her as a contest rival in AG and DP (even moreso in DP when she became actually formidable at it). I think it gives her another layer for the writers to work with and the audiences to enjoy. Not to mention it gives TR a break from attempting to pursue Pikachu, and other Pokemon, all day long. I can't wait to see her perform and go far.

*finally sees the picture*

Aww she looks so nice and pretty :'D Guessing from her very fanservice-y outfits from a few episodes back I thought her Performer's outfit would have been more revealing but this is nice too :) I like it way more than her Musalina's look! Well, this gives me hopes she won't be treaten as a joke, but as a serious rival *__* Looking forward to it!

I'm all for that, especially if she will be treated in a way similar to the DP era. In fact, her Appeal Rounds are very similar to the Performances, where both the Pokémon and the Trainer are the stars, so I think that she could be a formidable Pokémon Performer.

I don't at all. I didn't like her in contests and I don't like her here. I wanted a main girl to have a competition related goal without Jessie interfering for once, but it doesn't look like that'll happen. I never liked Jessie's style of contest appeals and I highly doubt I'll like her performing if they're anything similar. I never thought of Jessie a serious threat in contests anyway, and I can't see her becoming one in Showcases. I also don't see much major change/development for her character by competing in these.

It could end up being interesting, but I highly doubt it.

She was pointless in Hoenn but I actually liked her in Sinnoh.

It's better than her being thrown in cuz she's Team Rocket into every episode.

I wont like when they have it so everyone is too stupid to see it's Jessie, unless they go with what that guy said above of them going with Jessie.

I'd be all for it, so long as they gave her a similar skill set to the one that she had in Sinnoh. More than anything, it would give Team Rocket a real, interesting purpose, something they've been lacking for awhile.

What I am debating is whether is would be preferable to have here compete in disguise like normal or just have her enter as Jessie. I personally am leaning towards just having her openly compete as Jessie. It would add an interesting dynamic to her rivalry with Serena.

Jessie's the best diva out there. Not having her in contests and tripokalon competitions (and basically anything that's about showing beauty, flair and glittery, showcasing goodness) would be blashpemy.

Plus, she's actually very good with these kinds of things. And it's always a great pleasure watching her being so full of herself and so sure to win it all. I envy her confidence <3

I hope they let her get some more Pokemon then so it isn't her always using Pumkaboo.

I hope they let her get some more Pokemon then so it isn't her always using Pumkaboo.

She'll likely borrow James' Pokémon like she kept doing during contests. Though is about time they each got their 2nd Poke each...

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom