• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you like to see another tournament in BW?

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
So far in BW we've had two tournaments, the Don Tournament and the Donamite. Both have served as 4 episode arcs in which we can see rival interactions and battles. Would you like to see another one? If yes, what would you want it to be like and what would happen? If no, why would you prefer not to see another tournament?

Don't say "Yes, the Pokémon League". I mean non-official tournaments.

No, they just draw out the story too long. I prefer adventure episodes. :)

I'd like to see something with rental Pokemon - combine the sort of thing you got in the Training School arc of DP with the Don tournament format. It would be a good thing for the connoisseurs, as they could demonstrate their techniques on new Pokemon, proving their abilities, it would offer a simple way to give Georgia a Dragon type to battle with and give an opportunity more broadly to give BW characters foreign Pokemon - allowing Ash the chance to use his regional knowledge a bit - while giving him a Pokemon he never got in the OS. Bianca with a Machoke anyone? Trip with a Tauros?

For the non-battle part of the episode you'd have two things, the amusement of the random typing that you could give everyone, and the training methods used.

Of course the downside is it would take 4 episodes away from training, but the previous Don Battles didn't do much of that either and by introducing new Pokemon you could easily train multiple existing Pokemon against the new one, rather than the single focus of choosing one for all four episodes.

Yes and No!
Yes cause it's an interesting gathering of all the rivals! No cause the wrong characters get highlighted(Iris and Masomi)
Yes ! But if they give us a double battle tournament! the competitor has 3 teams of 2! And in the final it's a full six on six battle! No cause Ash's chosen Pokes are on a so low level so the opponents are as well and the battles are boring!

So it's a 60% for yes and 50 % for NO! (yes I'm kidding it's 60:60 XD )

Last edited:
Yes !
I want a ''Double Battle'' Tournament which ASH WIN'S !
Seriously , How is it that there wasn't a Single Double Battle tournament ?
Or , A Tournament where Ash use ''Wonder launcher'' !
It would be so cool if Ash use Wounder Launcher ! It would like we are watching Yu Gi Oh in Best Wish .
And Off course
ASH WINS THIS TIME !!!!
I don't wanna here another stupid word like ''Give Cilan chance , Give Steven a Chance , Give Bianca a chance .
Ash haven't achieve anything in Unova.
Plus ,Pokemon give other character more attention then other Anime.
Like In Yugioh , Only serious Antagonistic rival's get attention while all other friend of Main character just act as his supporter !
At least , Iris got a win against Ash in Don Tournament without being his rival !
In other anime , She would only be treated as a cheer girl !
Just like Tea & Tori are treated in Yugioh & Yugioh zexual !

No, at least not before the Unova league. We are already so close to the league and another tournament, right after the 8th badge won't be fair.

After the league? I don't think we need another tournament after the league itself. If there is some kind of BF or Satoshi decides to explore more and challenge the new/remaining gyms, then sure. But something different than usual Don tournaments would be better. May be a Tag or Double battle tournament.

Why do people keep acting like the League is SO close. Rememer, we went a year between badges 7 and 8 in Sinnoh and there's more to Pokemon journies than getting those things. Especially if the producers find a way to incorporate the BW2 leaders. (And I want to put off another fucking filler league as for as long as fucking possible! :mad:)

That said, yes, I'd like another Don Tourney. (Heck, I thought Don's and their stuff were the animes attempt to copy online battles and tourneys into the anime and kill time.) It's always fun to have to many characters and their pokes in one place. The only thing that would make them perfect is if Brice Armstong ended each episode with "Tune in next time for the next exciting episode of POKE BALL!"
And I mean that in the best way possible. When I can favorably compare Pocket Monsters to my all time favorite anime, it's a good day :D

I actually do want to see another tournaments... post-league. The Don Battle tournaments have been a great way to develop many characters together, make most of the rivals seem like actual threats, give battles to some of more neglected Pokémon Satoshi has(Gamagaru, Zuruggu(in terms of trainer battles)) give Dent and Iris some battling time and give Shooty a more realistic track record. However, I don't want to see another one if the league is going to start in early Autumn.

Sure, but come the next one...I want the rivals to actually battle each other. It's now been almost 50 episodes since Ash, and Iris have battled Trip/Langley respectively. Even longer since Cilan battled Burgundy.

While it might seem convenient, I think it's due time. Oh yeah, while I might not like Trip...at least allow him to do well so we can take him seriously. Same with Burgundy, so we can see her growth.

Tournament 1 focused on Iris mainly, Tournament 2 gave a lot of focus on Ash and Scraggy, so I'd imagine Tournament 3 might give Cilan time to shine since he was pretty much a bit character in the last two, neither one of his Pokemon really getting development (well, apart from pulling out new moves from nowhere, but I guess that applies to Kibago and Scraggy), and he lost early on.

Maybe a Tournament hosted by the Sommelier Society? I can see perhaps Suwamu and Pinot Noir joining the ranks of tournament characters this time around, and perhaps giving Kenyan and Trip a break since the former won one already, and the latter...well...sucks.

I hope they do the "one Pokemon for each trainer", since things seemed a bit more focus considering the large amount of reoccurring competitors. Hopefully they let the characters use their lesser used members, so preferably Ash's Reserves, Emolga, and Stunfisk over Pikachu, Excadrill, and Pansage.

It's now been almost 50 episodes since Ash, and Iris have battled Trip/Langley respectively. Even longer since Cilan battled Burgundy.
I think that's the point...they're avoiding "rival fatigue" by matching up the rivals against different characters, so we won't have things like in Sinnoh where Ash and Dawn battled their rivals about five times throughout the entire show.

Please no until the unova league! I think the tournament are very boring and the winner price is a joke.

It's now been almost 50 episodes since Ash, and Iris have battled Trip/Langley respectively. Even longer since Cilan battled Burgundy.
I think that's the point...they're avoiding "rival fatigue" by matching up the rivals against different characters, so we won't have things like in Sinnoh where Ash and Dawn battled their rivals about five times throughout the entire show.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Rivals should have a rivalry. We don't want anyone getting screwed over like Gary McDonothing, now do we?

Well, yeah, but I think introducing them, and showing off their skills against other characters, builds up anticipation to see the true rivals battle once more.

Like, by the third Ash and Trip battle, for example, many people were a bit tired of it because none of them really changed much.

Well, yeah, but I think introducing them, and showing off their skills against other characters, builds up anticipation to see the true rivals battle once more.

Like, by the third Ash and Trip battle, for example, many people were a bit tired of it because none of them really changed much.

Ah. Hadn't thought of it that. Good point.

No, they drag out the plot too long and only move the plot slower, especially with only 2 gyms left and the league coming up, it would be best to save things until after the league.

yes and no. Yes because they showed good character interactions, showed how some rivals had grown as trainers, ie Bianca and Stephan, and there were some really good battles. If they did do another one id like Trip to do a bit better, to make him look a bit more threatning, and Burgundy aswell, who desperately needs a win (why they had Iris beat her is beyond me). Id also like to see them maybe lasting 5 eps instead of 4, just so they dont rush some of the battles. I think a double battle scenario would be good for another tourney.

No because we seem really close to the league now and there should be more focus on that. I doubt theres going to be a massive gap like in DP. Though these tourneys are a good way of delaying the league a wee bit lol. I think im more inclined to say yes

Yes because of the character interactions, the rivals pwning each other - especially Bianca pwning Trip.

Personally, I'd like them to use one of the tournements to end the rivalry of Iris vs Georgia, or Cabernet vs Cilan.

I don't really care much for the rivals that much but I do love me some tournaments. If they had double triple tag or Triple tag I would be interested

Bottom line I would like to see some new characters and battles which have more than two Pokemon.

Maybe another gimmick tournament like one type only or on moving platforms or heavyweights.

At least they are better than filler though.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom