• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you like to see Chase (from the Let's Go! games) be Ash's successor as the anime's protagonist?

Would you like to see Chase (from the Let's Go! games) be Ash's successor as the anime's protagonist

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • Uncertain

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No answer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
After reading two articles on the website ComicBook (this: Pokemon Journeys Release New Trailer For Masters 8's Tournament ; and that: Pokemon Journeys Synopsis Teases an Ash vs. Leon Twist), I've been worried about the future. I wouldn't end the Pokémon anime without a proper final showdown with Team Rocket (including their boss) to defeat them once and for all. But if Ash ends up winning and becoming the World Coronation Series' new monarch - and maybe suddenly becoming a Pokémon Master, much to his surprise - and has to be succeeded by another character in the protagonist's role, I was thinking that Chase (from Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!) could be his successor as the main hero. Here's a short explanation: First, Chase is is analogous to Red (Ash's game counterpart), who appeared as the (male) protagonist in Generation I and their remakes, FireRed and LeafGreen.

I was thinking...Chase could be a Pokémon Trainer with a Partner Pikachu, and who dreams to become a Pokémon Master like Ash, of whom he has been a huge fan. And Ash could be a supporting character if he truly ends up being succeeded in the protagonist role.

Anyway...does anybody would like to see Chase succeeding Ash in such role? Would you like him to have a Pikachu as his partner? Don't hesitate to reply in comments, but please...be kind, polite, and honest.

Go is basically Chase without Pikachu. LGPE (and PLA) are catching-driven games.

Ash should be written out for narrative reasons, but since we're bound to have a Pikachu trainer, why bother? I think we're going to see a lot more adventures and not many Ash battles in 2023, though.

It is way too late to replace Ash and giving his replacement a Pikachu would just make the change feel hollow. Ash is going to stick around regardless of the outcome of his match against Leon. Even if he wins, he wouldn't be come a Pokemon Master. They've never described Leon as such despite being the number one trainer currently, so why would that be any different for Ash if he does win?

Even if Ash was leaving and his replacement was going to be based on one of the other games protagonists other than Red, Chase would probably be nowhere near the top lol. Doesn't help that Chase is basically Red 2.0 so his counterpart would end up looking like Ash 2.0

No. If they were gonna replace Ash, who is based on Red, with another boy based on Red and with the exact same goal, they may as well not replace him. I'd honestly rather see Elaine with a Pikachu over Chase.

But overall I'd rather see no more Kanto based protagonists. The anime should have taken the same approach as the Pokemon Adventures manga, swapping out main characters each gen imo.

As much as I want Ash gone, we're stuck with him x_x

If they were going to get rid of him, they would've done it LONG ago. The fact they keep resetting his intelligence, skill level, and personality every saga should tell you something...

As a character from a remake produced in 2018 (which was 4 years ago, BTW) Chase is quite frankly the last person that would ever come to the anime let alone replace Ash as the MC. Goh already does the same stuff that Chase did in LPLE anyway.

Give me Florian or give me an entirely new anime OC not some old protagonist from a controversial remake that was released in the 2010s.

It is way too late to replace Ash and giving his replacement a Pikachu would just make the change feel hollow. Ash is going to stick around regardless of the outcome of his match against Leon. Even if he wins, he wouldn't be come a Pokemon Master. They've never described Leon as such despite being the number one trainer currently, so why would that be any different for Ash if he does win?
I do understand that Leon has not been described as a Pokémon Master (just the World Coronation Series' current Monarch) despite being the strongest Trainer to date. However, there are times my imagination plays tricks on me.
I've read several rumors about many things, but I'd prefer waiting for real things and information to come out rather than relying on silly rumors. In fact, when Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl were announced for the first time, I was extremely and really surprised. I was NOT expecting this to happen. It was a big surprise for me. So why spreading rumors while we can wait for surprises?

Last edited:
If they were going to replace Ash (which IMO would be great-but most likely they're going to make him stupid again come this potential new anime series like in every series it seems) I'd want them to maybe do a protag from the bloody region it is starting in? So going with a new trainer in the Paldea region would be cool and we can follow their journey. Maybe they'd actually age said protagonist.

If they were going to replace Ash (which IMO would be great-but most likely they're going to make him stupid again come this potential new anime series like in every series it seems) I'd want them to maybe do a protag from the bloody region it is starting in? So going with a new trainer in the Paldea region would be cool and we can follow their journey. Maybe they'd actually age said protagonist.
Yeah. And by having a new protagonist each region, they can have time flow like normal and have the character age through the story.

Yeah. I just find it strange, now thinking about it that Pokemon says 'Ash is effectively immortal by being 10 forever' but yet in the dub version of...what pokemon movie was it...I don't remember off the top of my head where Ash said an entire year had passed since starting their journey. So are they saying pokemon movies aren't canon at all because that would put Ash as being 11 and not 10 which means the people who run Pokemon are idiots and so is the audience these past 20+ years.

Ash should have been replaced after Kalos.
I feel like that's far too late to do so. While Sinnoh is also a bit too late, at least the first four regions had Ash grow as a trainer. Plus, we saw him go from Kanto to Johto, from Johto to Hoenn, from Hoenn to Sinnoh. We don't have that sort of thing anymore. Sure, we had Unova to Kalos, but that's it. We don't see him go from Sinnoh to Unova. We don't wee him go from Kalos to Alola.

I feel like that's far too late to do so. While Sinnoh is also a bit too late, at least the first four regions had Ash grow as a trainer. Plus, we saw him go from Kanto to Johto, from Johto to Hoenn, from Hoenn to Sinnoh. We don't have that sort of thing anymore. Sure, we had Unova to Kalos, but that's it. We don't see him go from Sinnoh to Unova. We don't wee him go from Kalos to Alola.
Kalos had the most growth of Ash as a trainer and as a person. He finally felt like a mentor and a leader, someone who inspires all. He also had a love interest in Kalos which is why I think his journey should have ended there and had Ash-Greninja.

Yeah. I just find it strange, now thinking about it that Pokemon says 'Ash is effectively immortal by being 10 forever' but yet in the dub version of...what pokemon movie was it...I don't remember off the top of my head where Ash said an entire year had passed since starting their journey. So are they saying pokemon movies aren't canon at all because that would put Ash as being 11 and not 10 which means the people who run Pokemon are idiots and so is the audience these past 20+ years.
That was the Pikachu ad Pichu short where they had a party to celebrate the first anniversary of which they first met. I don't know if that was said in the Japanese version, but it's rather unclear if the Pikachu shorts were ever considered canon to the anime. Most of the movies prior to I Choose You were or at least they didn't contradict the anime canon. 4Kids did have a habit of making up stuff for the dub though.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom