• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you like to see Chase (from the Let's Go! games) be Ash's successor as the anime's protagonist?

Would you like to see Chase (from the Let's Go! games) be Ash's successor as the anime's protagonist

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • Uncertain

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No answer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know I'm just preaching to the choir here, but I don't see Chase replacing Ash for a numer of reasons.

Reason 1- The games that Chase is the protagonist of aren't relevant anymore, so there's little reason to bring him back for anything that isn't a Generations/Evolutions-style anthology. If Chase was going to be the new protagonist, the best time to do that would've been after the Alola saga ended, since the Let's Go games were still new-ish then. However, that wasn't the case, so there's even less of a reason for it to happen now.

Reason 2- Ash is just far too iconic to replace at this rate, and even if it were to happen, it would be far too risky and controversial a move. Especially if his replacement is another Red expy with an out-of-ball Pikachu as his main partner; it would just beg the question of what was the point of retiring Ash if the new protagonist is going to be so similar in concept anyway.

Reason 3- If we have to have a new protagonist with a Pikachu and it has to be a Let's Go one, I'd much rather it be Elaine over Chase. After all, Elaine would have better chances of standing out from Ash's shadow if only by virtue of being a girl. It certainly helps that I personally headcanon Elaine as being the protagonist with Partner Pikachu and Chase as being the protagonist with Partner Eevee. Not just because this way Chase can differentiate himself more from Ash and Red, but also because I'm tired of the anime's trend of giving Eevees only to the girls, lol.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom