• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you like to see more version-exclusive locations?

Would you like to see more version-exclusive locations?

• Yes.

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • No.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I'm indifferent.

Votes: 19 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lufenium

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
Like Black City/White Forest, the different versions of Opelucid City, and the desert routes in B/W 2.

Personally I love this idea - it makes it more worthwhile playing through both versions.

I'd like to see more as well. As well as making it worthwhile playing through both versions, it makes connecting more fun; you could trade Pokémon accessible only in some version-exclusive areas, or trade unique items and experiences. Although, I also like the part in the key-system where you could switch the places around. That way I wouldn't feel forced to buy each version, but could still enjoy differences that have a mainly ascetic effect - while still promoting sharing and trading.

I agree with Kwame, it makes the game that much more enjoyable.
What would make it even better is if they upgraded the whole entralink thing so that you could actually do things in other people's worlds. For example catch pokemon, go through 2 player dungeons, explore, etc.

I'd just like there to be more version exclusive anything, but especially locations. Make me want to get both games.

I voted no.

I don't really know how to express my reasoning without sounding very corny but here goes -

When a new region is introduced, I love all the discussion about where it is in relation to the rest of the Pokemon world. The power of our imagination allows us to immerse ourselves in this world as we play through the games - we treat the Pokemon world (or at least most of us do) as a genuine, organic, pulsating, wonderful place.

In Unova... is there an intimidating, sprawling metropolis named Black City, or is there a vast White Forest?
Is Opelucid City a cutting-edge city, the pinnacle of modern life? Or is it an old fashioned place, leaning on ancient values and built in old, weathered stone?

In my mind- and if you are to imagine these places actually existing - they can only be one or the other. I'd much prefer if GF decided on the complete identity of a region and said to us ''Here it is, enjoy.''

I totally understand why version-exclusive areas appeal to people. I just personally would rather they kept the exclusivity to Pokemon and Plot.

I voted no. A lot has to do with what Confidemus said, but it also has to do with a little bit of my own stubbornness. And the fact that I don't have a lot of money.

I've never liked the fact that versions have differences. It always felt like a cheap way for Nintendo to make more money by selling off more games that have the same content. Now, the different areas brought out in Black and White was better than before... but it still feels like a cheap money grab to me. A handful of different pokemon, a town being futuristic or ancient, a metropolis or a vast forest, a gym leader that's a little girl or an elder gentleman; it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things in the games. Hilbert and Hilda are still going to start off in Nuvema town, make their way through the region fighting plasma and gathering gym badges, and they will still face a fight against N after the elite four and traversing through his castle. They'll still battle Ghetsis. After that the credits will roll.

If they're going to add different parts to the new games, they should make the games different enough that it is worth paying the price of two games. I could even enjoy something as simple as having a different home town between each game. Traveling through the region in a different order could lead to a lot of changes in how the game is experienced. The gyms are faced in a different order, any confrontations with the villainous organization would be different as well.

Dunno how likely it would be for this to happen, but a girl can dream right?

I'd just like there to be more version exclusive anything, but especially locations. Make me want to get both games.

This. The games come in pairs but there should be a large amount of differences, whether it be different gyms, exclusive Pokemon and forms, availability of items or Pokemon. I want to seen gen 6 have similar routs with noticeable differences, such as trainers or wild Pokemon.

Basically they are the same game but I'd be more prepared to buy both if each experience was different, the story can stay the same but it's how you progress that needs to change. There should be lots of exclusive Pokemon, not just 20 or so, game exclusive optional quests, unique trades, more variation.

No.

I'm gonna be blunt; why should we try to justify two versions by making it as if we have to buy both to fully enjoy everything a generation has to offfer?

I don't understand the appeal behind that. I'd rather just be able to enjoy the full generation with my one game that I already paid a full price for. GF can be as money grabbing as they like, but in this economy I'm saying "no".

That and if they implement other locations like they did in BW with Black City and White Forest then I think its just pointless. What good in a version-exclusive location when you have to rush to be able to enjoy it?

Well they have their good and bad points. On one hand, you have to buy two games to get them both and games are expensive, on the other I like the idea. While Im not crazy about how Black City/White Forest was handled in BW( they improved it for BW2), I think they could improve such a thing for these games. I dont think it's a nesessary feature at all, so Im indifferent. If they include them, great, if not, Im not really missing anything.

Since they're already selling two versions of pretty much a same game, why not introduce more exclusive locations? I mean, if they want to get people to buy both, they might as well make it worth it.

I'll have to say no. As someone who likes to explore absolutely everywhere in every game I play, it really bugs me that there areas in the other version that I'll never get to see for myself. I also don't like it when I prefer the other game's alternative area to the one in the game I bought. (The best example Black 1's Black City having rare items on sale, whilst White 1's White Forest had nothing of the sort)

In all honesty, no. I want to enjoy the game I bought without feeling like I'm missing out.

Yes, exclusive locations means actual variety in different versions. A few Pokemon and a legendary doesn't really make me want to buy the other game.

I really don't care, lol. I'm still not going to buy the other version regardless of what's offered in it that isn't in the version I bought. I'll just get the one that has more of the things that I like. If I want to see the other version's exclusive locations, I'll just watch it on YouTube or watch a friend play. It doesn't upset me either way. I think the way R/S handled the version differences with the two teams was interesting. You weren't really missing out on anything and they were both pretty much the same-ish, except the good team and bad team were switched, depending on which version you had.

I wouldn't mind more version exclusive areas. I always buy both versions, so I don't need it to justify my decision to get both games, but it is an interesting way to make the experience in both games a bit different. However, I'd only be okay with it if the exclusive areas were more like Black City and White Forest in B2/W2. The way B/W handled those areas was terrible since the only way to experience them was rushing through the game.

I really don't care either way. Black and White were disappointing in this department. I mean, yeah, Black City and White Forrest were kinda cool, and the changes to some area was also cool, but I feel like they could have done better. It would be nice to see something better in X and Y, but, yeah, don't really care either way.

i'd like to see a few more, as long as the region is not indistinguishable between the two versions

I'm indifferent. On one hand it makes the two games feel unique, but it also seems dumb in the sense that I remeber people mentioning the other place! So what? the other place exists but I can't go there. And how can they both exist if they are in the same places in both versions? If they could make it make sense and actually give them a purpose (I almost never went into black city, there was nothing really to do there), then maybe it would be good. But of course there still next to identicle anyway and I would only buy one version.

I'd rather see more locations looking different between versions with varying pokemon appearances based on the difference then actual exclusive locations that way it still feels different from the other version, but it is similar that it doesn't feel like a completely different place

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom