• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you love Pokemon forever and ever?

I've loved Pokemon for quite a long time, and every once in while I move on a bit and get into other things. I sort of forget about Pokemon for a while. However, I always get back into Pokemon. When I get upset Pokemon is what I have that is always there, always growing, always uplifting and optimistic and inspirational. I don't listen to sad songs when I'm really sad. Often if I'm feeling like crap I listen to Pokemon music because it's something really special to me that always cheers me up.

I don't know if I'll be deep into it as I age but I know it will still mean something. At least I'd play/watch it occasionally for the nostalgia. But I don't plan on moving on anytime soon, ahahaha

It'll be a part of my memory forever. I can't see myself not playing it in the future, though I suppose my interest would have to waver eventually.

At the rate I"m going, I'll be a fan for ever. Even if Pokemon ceased to make new episodes or games, I'll be a die-hard fan. Been a fan since I was 13 years old back in 1998 - now that I'm 27 (Dec 13, 2012) I'm probably a bigger fan than back then.

Pokemon will never leave my heart.

I've been paying attention to Pokemon since I received my first Game Boy, as well as Pokemon Yellow, back in the late '90s. I'm now 20, nearing on 21, so I don't think it's improbable that I'll like Pokemon my entire life.

I would like the Franchise itself forever, but certian aspects are up still questionable. I fell in love with the seriese when it first came stateside many eons ago. it was mostly the main reason why i enjoyed coming home from school and to wake up on saturdays. the games were always my favorite when i got my first game (crystal back in 2000). my like for the show has faded but it does make great spoof material so i dont count on a total abandonment of the serese within my lifetime. the only elements i would ever abandon my love for would be any Anime spin offs (not chronicles or specials, But more along the line of a more "mature" type anime that takes the focus off the pokemon and/or includes contents that are found in more "mature" animes that are more geared twourds young adults OR if it becomes like the same type of set up as that not too impressive Trailer for BW2) that fail to meet MY standards and the Manga Series if they mess up the BW chapter and future chapters

I don't think anything will affect how I feel about pokemon, but I definitely do not think I can go on like this forever. There's already so many pokemon that I forget their names sometimes. I imagine it'll become something like Digimon for me. I don't have an active following, but I still like what I did follow. The circumstances would be different, though, since I refused to go forward on Digimon because the show got too crazy. For Pokemon, it would be because my brain can't take all the different creatures anymore. I'm risking it by going on to a 6th gen as it is. Any more and I might have a hemorrhage.

Probably yes. I started loving Pokémon franchise since I was young, and now still loving this franchise like loving Asian subcultures (such as Bosozoku). I will not give up this, even in the future.

I'm sure I will. I've had those off and on moments, but mostly I'll have some interest in pokemon.

Yes because I think Pokemon is really awsome. I wouldn't care what they would do as long as Pokemon is still here.

My recent blog entry accounts for something on this matter but it emphasizes more on Owl City so I guess here's the Pokemon side of the story.

You know six months ago I would have definitely and wholeheartedly said yes, but now I'm not so sure, which is really quite saddening. In fact, I'm already too lazy to add that ` on top of the e, if you look through my older posts you'd see that I used to do it all the time but now I stopped caring. I told myself I would always love Pokemon, I told myself I would never grow up but then high school happened. I got interested in other stuff, not fads or anything; I found it on my own, no one influenced me. I found Owl City (and it was before Good Time, mind you)

But why can't I like both Owl City and Pokemon? There once was a time when that was possible but somehow I find myself more excited for Adam's unannounced, unreleased album than for X and Y. Perhaps I can but not equally, I would have to like one more than the other, and sadly Pokemon is not it. I never wanted to grow up, I never wanted to leave home, but they transferred me to a different school, quite far from home, and I stayed at a dorm. Life u r a jerk i hate u. I feel like a character from someone's fanfic subjected to crappy character development. "Let's put her in a ton of awkward uncomfortable situations several times before she finally learns her lesson."

At first I felt lonely but now I feel indifferent, I couldn't care less. If life threw a ball at me I'd only halfheartedly try to catch it and wouldn't care if it got me full in the face. My interest in Pokemon has been slowly declining for a while now but now it just seems so distant, like a fond childhood memory, nostalgia. That's all it is now, a memory. Playing with my friends in grade school, underground invading their secret bases, contests, battles. I hope for my future self's sake that I will still love Pokemon no matter what but right now...I don't know anymore. It does help to know that Adam answered a few Pokemon related questions during his Twitter Q&A, though

tumblr_inline_mir58ywink1qdwmpe.png
(from Tumblr)

Don't misunderstand me, though, I didn't lost interest of Pokemon because of Owl City. It's just that Adam's music replaced what Pokemon left behind, it filled the hole for something to obsess about. I lost interest in the anime a long time ago, actually and I've seen very few new episodes. TCG? lol that didn't even last a year. But the video games? I can't bring myself to admit it, that I haven't even touched my 3DS in over 3 months, but perhaps I have lost interest. I can only hope that someday, somehow my interest reignites because my love for Pokemon is something I refuse to accept is gone forever.

EDIT: lol wow this post is just so serious I don't know what I was thinking when I made this; I still love pokemon in general but I guess I just lost interest in the video games... Maybe over the summer I could try getting back into video games by finally finishing Black 2

Last edited:
Of course. I've been a fan since the beginning & that's not gonna change any time soon.

I've had lots of adorations with books, movies, and video games in the past. Every time I've gone through a new one, I've thought "Oh, I love this! I doubt I'll ever grow out of it!" Then, usually about a year later, I'll forget about it. Pokemon is the one thing that I can never see myself outgrowing - and I've loved it since I was 5 years old. I don't know if I'll love it forever, but I'm pretty sure that I'll keep playing the games for at least a few more years.

I might eventually lose my enthusiasm for the franchise, but it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Like with most franchises, I tend to go back and forth but part of me will still love Pokemon for a very long time, if not forever I think.

Even if it fades away from my heart, there's always going to be one Pokemon that won't. And that's the sexiest out of all of them: L-U-G-I-A!!!

I will definitely love Pokemon Forever. Through all of the ups and downs, especially in the anime I've always kept going and being a big fan. I've loved Pokemon through the toughest times, and will continue that.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom