• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you love Pokemon forever and ever?

For me, I think it's still a bit early to tell. It's possible that I may no longer be as "into it" as I currently am in the upcoming years of my life, but I'm pretty sure that I'll always be fond of Pokemon. :3

As long as Game Freak can still keep coming out with good quality main series games, I could probably play the games indefinitely. However they better be prepared to add some new material to the games, otherwise I think it's going to get boring. I still play the games to waste time and I love doing the battle subway and (on older games) battle frontier just to pass time while I'm traveling. As long as the strategy stays the same and the games keep trying to be new/original, I think I'll continue being a pokemon fan.

I'm 20 and will probably always love and appreciate Pokemon since I grew up with it. I enjoy the games the most and the movies. I don't care if anyone thinks it's uncool because the fan-base has continued to remain huge for around 15 years. Besides I've met many adult fans and we appreciate the series.

I don't even remember when I started liking Pokemon. Yet I've stuck with it all these years. Hopefully that's an omen that I'll always love and cherish Pokemon. :)
I'll be that forty-year-old lady that says, "Hey kids, once upon a time there was this thing called Pokemon..."

I honestly don't know. I've been following the franchise since 1999 when my Dad got me into the anime, but I did take a few years break from it while in high school. Not sure how long it's going to be able to keep me gripped.

Well, so far, I can't see an end in sight; I've loved Pokemon for a very long time, and I still love it just as much as an adult. I doubt I will ever really kick it completely

I will love the Pokemon franchise until the end of time itself and will probably always buy the games and watch the anime forever! lol o_O XD

Pokemon is an art form as well as a game/anime/manga etc. It is heart warming to me and gives off a sort of "home from home" atmosphere. It's just the way I feel about it I guess and don't see that changing any time soon.

I will always have a special place in my heart for Pokemon. Its always been there with me since I was kid and has provided me with all sorts of inspiration. Even if Gamefreak stops producing the series I will continue to love it. And I will make my future children play the games as well so that the love continues to flow on.

I don't think I'll love it, forever. As time goes by, people get older, and what we like today may not appeal to us in 20 years (just a random amount of time, for the sake of this discussion). With that being said, I love Pokémon, but not enough to be a fan, forever. I have other interests and goals; I like to keep an open mind, and explore different things. A bucket list, if you will.

Well, heck, I'm not even in my early to mid-twenties yet and they say that that time brings the greatest changes before your personality is relatively "set in stone" so to speak. I don't know if I'll still be "compatible" with Pokémon then, but I know that even though my gaming/watching/reading activity within it has come and gone a few times now it as a franchise has always stayed with me. I think I will always respect and have a soft spot for it; much like the Harry Potter series I grew up with it and feel, well, bound to it, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
I've loved it for so long that i think that i could never stop loving it. i don't care if when i'm 50 and pokemon is gone (HOPING THAT IT WILL NEVER GO) i will still have all my cards and pictures and games :p

Pokenerd forever. Even though the anime seems to be going downhill, the games are still kinda fresh. And I can always watch the old anime. On tapes.

I would love it, ... FOOOOOOOREEEEVEER! (First to discover pony reference gets a cookie that's actually a reference to the same thing)

I think I will be playing Pokemon for a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrry long time XD. I hope that when I die, I will have my own little heaven where I can become a real Pokemon Master :D

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom