• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you purchase newer Generations on VC?

Would you purchase Gen III/IV/V on the VC?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
I have the cartridges and the consoles so I wouldn’t buy any VC games. However, if they release Emerald on VC with all events unlocked then I will seriously consider buying it.

Oh damn I didn't think of that... That WOULD be great. Story time!

Back when Emerald just came out, I had a friend with a Gameshark who got me all the tickets, for an event Latios, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Deoxys, and Mew. Hacked or not, I didn't care, they were in the game and I had the tickets just like anyone who had gotten them from an official distributor, so to me, they were legit, I caught all of them, and cherished all of them, over the years, games got lost, found again, replayed, deleted, etc, and those partners, and that file with the tickets, have been forever lost in time, only now existing in my heart and memories. I would DEFINITELY get an Emerald VC if the tickets were available post-game, similar to the GS Ball now. I wonder how they'd distribute them though? It'd be a shame if they were all simply given to you, it should be tied to achievements in the Battle Frontier, nothing big like gold symbols, but something of the sort.

Without a second thought. Provided they reworked the system so any game I bought virtually now would be accessible on future systems (like how when you purchase apps on your phone you only ever need to buy them once).

Playing Gold/Silver/Crystal has been enjoyable. I would definitely play RSE on Virtual Console if released.

I wouldn't play DPPt, simply because I own every game from Gen 4 onwards, so it would be redundant, unless it were to obtain something that is exclusive to previous generations.

I might consider Gen III, but I still have my cartridges of IV and V, as well as a 3DS, so I'd see no reason to do so with them.

Eh... Personally I see no reason to own any of these games on VC. Generations IV and V work on my 3DS. Generation III I never cared for and honestly think that Omega Ruby was so much better.

I have some hesitation ever purchasing VC games because they are tied to the console you buy them on. Until Nintendo can fix this I will be very conservative on spending money on VC.

Ehhhh. Because I have ORAS already, it's kind of a hard sell for me to purchase any of the original Gen III games. That said, there's a part of me that wishes to experience the good ol' days of the Battle Frontier, so I might just purchase Emerald and that alone should that ever make its way onto VC.

DPPt is unlikely, although I wouldn't say no. I'd only really purchase Platinum though because Diamond and Pearl as far as I can recall had issues with slow surfing and I think other things that would drive me nuts. Although as of currently, DPPt seems perfectly playable and I have Platinum already as it stands so I guess there's no real reason for me to buy a VC version.

Gen V... likely not. I don't think Gen V gams are super rare enough (I see Black 2 and White 2 at my Gamestop pretty much all the time, I think?) to warrant me purchasing a copy on VC. It'd just be a waste.

so tl;dr probably only Emerald if it releases.

Yes, but primarily in the case of gen III games. Challenge-wise they're my favorite to go through and I've lost count of how many dozens of times I've played RSE and FRLG. Gen IV and V are still accessible since you can play DS games on a 3DS, which is still very much a relevant system, so in that regard, probably not. ): My GBA SP is no longer functional so playing RSE handheld again would be a blast even with ORAS.

I would definitely buy Emerald. First of all because of all the content they chose not to include in OR/AS, especially the Battle Frontier yes, I'm still bitter about that. The second reason is that although I still have my original GBA copy, the internal battery doesn't work anymore, so growing berries is no longer possible and all of the time-based events don't happen anymore either. Third reason is probably wishful thinking, but I guess there's a chance they might unlock the event locations (Navel Rock, Birth Island, Southern Island and Faraway Island) just like they did in the VC release of Crystal, so that would be a huge incentive for me to buy it.

I would probably buy FR and/or LG too, simply because I don't really want to use my original DS anymore. I wouldn't buy any Generation IV or V games, though, as I can still play the original games on my 3DS (albeit without Wi-Fi functionality) and I'm assuming that at least Generation IV (maybe even Generation V too) will be remade within the next five years.

I have all of the mainline games and I would gladly buy them again on the VC so they would all be on one system not to mention possible Pokemon Bank support instead of transferring from the GBA games to the DS then 3DS games. They could event add the event Pokemon in like with Celebi on the VC version of Crystal to replace the events that have long since ended.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom