• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you support a Pokémon: The Johto Journeys DVD boxset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxio2k8

Excelsior
Reaction score
I was wondering lately how the rest of you thought about this?

Recently, Viz Media started to release the early seasons of Pokémon on DVD box sets. So far, we got the entire Kanto Saga on a three disc box set and the complete Orange Island Saga on a single box set.

While there is no word yet: that would mean that the next box set would be The Johto Journeys.

I know there is great diversion of the Johto Years. Some love it and some loath it.

I may not be a big fan of the Johto Adventures, but both the Pokémon Fan and DVD Collector in me won’t be happy without Pokémon: The Johto Journeys DVD box set in my collection and who knows, if it sells well we may get Johto League Champions DVD box set, next?

So what do you think?

Would you support a Pokémon: The Johto Journeys DVD boxset or feel that the Johto Days are better left forgotten?

I'd like all the seasons to be released properly on DVD, so yes.

Every saga deserves to be put on DVD boxsets so people could own the entire collection.

I'm still somewhat annoyed Pokemon Chronicles was never put on DVD in the U.S., and now they seem forgotten.

Forgetting the Johto days is kinda pointless, since they have used some Johto pokemon recently in the anime (Wailmer ep). Either way, the whole point of the box sets is to make money, so Nintendo isn't going to ignore an entire region just because (some) people didn't like it.

They've ignored proper releases in Japan. Americans are lucky as much is out on DVD as it is. It wouldn't surprised me if Viz eventually released it.

Actually there was japanese release of "Johto Journeys" on DVD, it just got cancelled after like 5 discs...

Yes I will support it, I'd probably buy the 1st set! I love the Johto Journeys.

I love the Johto Journeys myself. I would love to see it be released on DVD. I'm not sure why some people hate Johto so much, but then I couldn't care less about people that hate it. Why? Because I think it's awesome!! If they released it on DVD I'd so freakin buy it in a hurry.

Yes, of course!

I would LOVE to own Johto Journeys on DVD! That's one of my favorite seasons! ^_^

And if Viz does release a Johto Journeys box set at some point, I hope that they will include all of the Pokemon Karaokemon videos.

Yes! I personally would love a DVD boxset for Johto Journeys. I haven't seen those episodes in ages and I do collect all the anime DVDs so adding that to it would be wonderful! (The same stands for the Johto League Champions season too)

Yeah, I'd love a boxset of Johto. I have not seen all the episodes, but Johto was one of my favourite regions that I remember, second to kanto of course.

I personally wouldn't buy them but I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be released if the is a demand/base for them.

Well I live in Australia and they've released a box set for every series to battle frontier, so I own a johto journeys box set and I support it being released in the US :D

Heck yeah I would! I miss the Johto days, and youtube is really unreliable.

Even though I don't support the dub, I'd still like to see Viz release the Season 3 and 4 Johto episodes in box sets, just for the sake of those who do watch the dub and want access to these episodes.

Yeah, without a doubt. And Johto League Champions, Advanced Challenge, Advanced Battle, and Chronicles sets too. It'd be pretty cool to won the entire series on DVD without any gaps some day... hopefully some day soon. :p

And yep, totally aware of the single discs, but those things are simply way too expensive in comparison to the super-cheap box sets(and take up too much shelf space).

Of course! I missed the first half of the Johto span to be honest.

It might not be the best season, but I'd still like to see that.

Personally, I love the dub, which is why I'm so confused when I see millions of YouTube comments that are mostly about "4kids sucks" or something like that. On the other hand, I don't watch any anime apart from Pokémon, so...

I also missed a lot of Johto episodes. I do remember seeing "Don't touch that 'Dile", but then I forgot all about it and missed the first half of the season completely. After watching some episodes later on, I realized that I didn't miss much, but still.

Of course!

I think the main goal is to eventually have all pokemon episodes on DVD. It would be stupid for them to leave Johto Journeys out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom