• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would You Watch a More "Adult" Version of the Pokemon Anime?

It's a family friendly popular franchise, I can understand wanting a more mature series, but maybe the newest manga Pokemon ReBURST would satisfy you. But, still I don't see them risking such a great and popular and well known name they and Nintendo have made, just for Gore, Blood, Sex, and Extreme Violence. Parents and children I know play Pokemon, I don't think Nintendo would risk that image.

true but I thought these kinds of threads are about ideals

They are, but other people are allowed to leave their opinions on your opinions as well.

I would be interested in it, maybe, if it was done correctly. Maybe if it was a bit more realistic, a little more mature, some better character development, no really serious romantic themes because shippy wars tend to get very crazy.

I mean, I do like Pokemon as it is, but maybe a few little tweeks here, a little bit more believability there... then maybe I'd watch it more.

It's interesting how many people in this thread would be fine with a more adult Pokemon without things like sex and gore. Not complaining- I just figured there'd be more extreme opinions- either lots of blood and gore, or a kids anime as usual. Not as much compromise as there's been.

I wouldn't mind any romance if it was done correctly and was interwoven into the story well. Like how Macross/Robotech did it by combining Sci-fi action with great character romances.

For example, I'd like a BW Teen Anime or Manga where Hilda (Touko/White) is the main character who falls in love with N.

It would be nice to see Pokemon have a deeper storyline and more character development. A slightly more serious storyline would not be too bad either though I would still want the show to remain relatively light hearted. However, I would not want to see Pokemon have violence, blood, and sexual themes. Such things are unnecessary and do not make a show more mature.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom