• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

Back in the good ol' days I thought that Machop was Fighting/Steel and Pinsir was Bug/Steel. I also tried to get a Steelix in Pokémon Blue... Oh the memories.

-Sending my poor Bisharp out against Nita's Wigglytuff. I completely forgot that Wigglytuff can learn Focus Blast. Sorry, Bisharp. (I still won the battle, though.)

-Spotting a brand new Ribbon on my Bisharp and Golurk and wondering just how in the name of Primus they earned a "Skillful Battler" ribbon...then I remembered the Battle Maison. Man, I is dumb sumtimes. :dumb:

Well, I messed up tonight. I was in the single battle Maison, around battle 17 or so, using Swampert, Gengar (with a Mega Stone), and Conkeldurr. Here's what happened:
*Gengar is facing a Gabite; I mega evolve but accidentally use Sludge Bomb instead of Shadow Ball.
*Gabite barely survives thanks to type advantage, than KO's MegaGengar with Earthquake.
*Conkeldurr takes out Gabite with Mach Punch.
*Enemy Carnvine comes and one hit KOs everyone (got a critical agaisnt Conkeldurr).

Argh. I went back in and defeated Nita after replacing Swampert with Salamence, but it was embarassing.

*Gengar is facing a Gabite; I mega evolve but accidentally use Sludge Bomb instead of Shadow Ball.
*Gabite barely survives thanks to type advantage, than KO's MegaGengar with Earthquake.
The ironic part is Gengar might have still been standing if you didn't mega-evolve.

Any time I face a fairy type Pokemon that used to be a normal type, I'm sure to make an idiot of myself. ^^;

Dumbest thing I've done? Oh god, there have been so many, especially in my WonderLocke...

Ooh I know!! It took me five years to beat Leafgreen because my Blastoise only knew moves with 5 PP and nothing else was strong enough..

Going into Restaurant LeWow with O Power to get extra money and extra experience, but not casting the O Power before I start battling…

Choosing the wrong training bags for my Pokemon I was EV training, I had to reset a couple of times to avoid having to get a reset bag for Super Training

During an online battle, I was down to my Aggron, and the opponent had Mega-Ampharos as their last.

I Mega-evolved my Aggron and aimed for Earthquake, but I accidentally clicked Iron Head. Gah, the M-Amapharos used a Focus Blast that missed and Iron Head didn't even do much damage ;_;

So basically

Mega-Amphy used Focus Blast!
It missed!
Mega-Aggron used Iron Head!
Little damage!
Mega-Amphy used Focus Blast!
Critical hit!
Aggron fainted!

...I lost that battle ;_; If only I had used Earthquake I could have won...

I just realised the Oval Charm and Shiny Charm are in X & Y; I thought they were cut out. I've been using the Masuda Method for months now...

recently i have been re doing my dragonite to get one in a special pokeball. So i was like hmm 1% chance in black 2 50% of it being female. ok then. 4 days later oh ye dragonair in friend safarie

Going into Restaurant LeWow with O Power to get extra money and extra experience, but not casting the O Power before I start battling…
I've done that too, but in the Battle Chateau. I'll stand in front of an E4 member and completely forget to activate the Prize Money O Power before hitting the A button. Each time I do that I kinda want to smack my head into the wall.

I've done that too, but in the Battle Chateau. I'll stand in front of an E4 member and completely forget to activate the Prize Money O Power before hitting the A button. Each time I do that I kinda want to smack my head into the wall.

I KNOW it's so annoying! It's a waste if I go to a place to accomplish something, and don't even do what I need to do to accomplish it xD

I had a brainfart and didn't kill the terrakion in a terracott set. Cue whole team owned except my meowstic, who KO's terrakion and (almost) a regigigas.

I was an idiot during my first time encountering a shiny. I accidentally KO'ed a shiny Zubat that I encountered in Mt. Moon in LeafGreen with a Zapdos' drill peck, not knowing it was a shiny...

I once spent 2 hours in Friend Safari trying to look for a Female Hidden Ability Braxien until I found one. After that, I thought to myself, why didn't I just use Cute Charm *Face Palm*

I'd been giving my Pokemon trained for wifi 248 EVs in stats I wanted to max out, since I had read that at level 50 raising a Pokemon's stat by 1 takes 8 EVs (as opposed to 4 at level 100), so giving more than 248 would be a waste of EVs right?

It turns out that's not a hard and fast rule, as natures and variations in base stats can influence the EVs required to max a stat at level 50; sometimes it's 248, sometimes it's 252. So now most of my bred Pokemon are a few points short in vital stats (which is especially damning in Speed) until I get the reset bags required to train them again.

Knowing your team can't do much against water/ground types (Quagsire) and not having a grass type on your team.

Tactically forgetting that Kanga is immune to ghost types. There go the turns spent on setting my Aegislash up :(

I was breeding a Jigglypuff, but I got momentarily confused when Jigglypuff didn't hatch from the first egg.

I forgot about Igglybuff...

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom