• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

I quit my Platinum game cause I got lost in the Distortion world. I was stuck there and I couldn't find a way to Cyrus, now I'm doing rerun, hope it turns out better

When I first started playing Pokémon, I ran into a shiny Wingull. I knew it was shiny and I knew it was rare, but I didn't realize just how rare it was. I threw a few Poké Balls at it, but then I gave up and killed it...

I was trying to trade for a shiny Goloog and the Trainer wanted a level 100 Weavile. I can't find one on GTS and start freaking out...then remember that I have one on my White cart. Yeah, ten minutes of panic for nothing. :sweat:

Not too long ago, I tried to attack an opponent's Thundurus (Therian Forme) with Pikachu's electric attacks. However, it didn't do any damage because of Thundurus's ability. I haven't played the games in a while, so I forgot what ability Thundurus has. I felt pretty dumb as a result. lol

1.Trying to breed two magnezones to get magnemites too evolve into magneton.Wasted 45 minutes of walking
2.Was battling a friend,he used fly,then i had to watch my golem explode with no target.
3.Used my last zap cannon PP on a swampert.....
4.Tried to use a dubious disk to evolve porygon into porygon2 instead of an upgrade.

Getting lost in Jubilife City as I didn't know where the third ticket was.
Getting lost in the Distortion World.

Can't think of too many significant ones. I do dumb mistakes all the time just at random in battles, though.

- Far too many times have I used ExtremeSpeed on a ghost instinctively. Even now, it happens from time to time.
- In Red, I caught a Kakuna instead of a Weedle. That was quite an adventure, getting it leveled up to evolve. And then even afterward, I had a Beedrill with hardly any damaging moves. It eventually became one of my most powerful, though.

I was looking for a Pikachu in the Viridian Forest in LeafGreen and I wasn't paying attention, just kept running if I saw it wasn't a Pikachu. I eventually came across a shiny Weedle and didn't even notice it was shiny until it said "Got away safely!" And I was really upset that I stupidly ran away from a shiny. :(

I've spent the last 2 days trying to evolve a Riolu(with super high friendship) for breeding......I've been leveling it up at night.

I've had a few dense moments during my times as a Trainer. Here are some I remember.
-Using Shadow Ball (repeatedly) against Girafarig before realizing it was partly Normal-type (I actually had to look that up after many, many screw ups).
-In Red, I heard a rumor that you got a Mew (or something along those lines) if you defeated the E4 10 times with just three Pokemon, and didn't heal at all. The naive 10-year-old (aka. me), believed that, and tried endlessly to "achieve" that. Only later did I find out I had been tricked. D'oh!
-Thinking Rock-type Pokemon were weak to Ice (because most of them for a while were part Ground, something that didn't click right away). It took me until Gen III to realize that mistake.
-Trying to find a Hoothoot in Silver during the day (I didn't even realize they had a day/night feature yet, since I only played during the day). You'd think that, since it's an owl, I would've realized that they only come out AT NIGHT!!!
-Raising a Chingling into a Chimecho during the day. I spent hours trying to increase its happiness during the day. I found out by accident when it leveled up and evolved at exactly 8:01 PM.
-Teaching my Rattata (named Scribbles) in Gen I Bubblebeam, Dig, and Thunderbolt. Ironically, as I was so persistently stubborn back then, I raised it all the way to Level 100, kept it from evolving, and it became one of my strongest Pokemon in that gen.
-Trying to catch the Marowak ghost in Red (must've wasted 30 Great Balls on that little obsession).

That about covers the moments I can remember best. There are probably others, but that's what comes to mind.

The first time I found a shiny was a pink Lugia in Silver, and I thought something was wrong with my gameboy/game so I reset it.

I recently found out pressing the L and R buttons scroll through the item bag quicker in BW2.

I thought Plusle evolved into Pikachu because it has similar colors so I trained mine in Ruby because my name was Ash and I already had Swellow and Grovyle so I needed Pikachu badly. it became like level 30+ at Slateport before I finally realized Pichu existed.

Using my Master Ball on Groudon.

Trying to breed my Rayquaza with Ditto to get Rayquaza egg.

Thinking that Red was Ash. I was in 1st grade and my best friend who liked Pokemon was in 4th and I insisted to him that Red was Ash when I saw him in the Fr/Lg guide book. He's like "No, you're stupid, that's Red."

Thinking Steel was weak to Water, because a lot of Steel-types in the Steel gyms are part Rock or Ground, I didn't figure out otherwise until maybe a year ago.

For any of you wondering, Ruby was my first game. All my idiot mistakes happened there, in LeafGreen, or Emerald, my first three games.

After replacing my copy of Crystal I picked up used copies of Gold and Silver despite hearing about the faulty battery. Now I have a couple of games that can't save therefore can't be sold.

I told a new pokemon player zubat was dark/flying ( by memory that was wrong ) and she said no its poison flying

When I was nine or so, I played pokemon Red, and got stuck in Saffron City because the Rocket Grunt wouldn't budge from blocking the gym. I spent a few days talking to the guy and aimlessly trained before accidentally walking into Silph Co.

As a kid my friend told me the strongest water move was called Tsunami not Hydropump... And the only way to get it was to have Mew use Metronome...

I told everyone at school this. :C

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom