• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

During my time in Pokemon White, I did a lot of EV training. I got so used to it that I would do it while watching TV or reading. One day I decided to look through the pokedex and I realized during one of my EV training sessions I killed a shiny Basculin...

Tried breeding Houndour in X, and none of the offspring had any perfect Defense IVs, even when one of the parents held a Destiny Knot. Turns out neither of the parents used had a perfect Defense IV either! *facepalm*

One time on online battle, I was facing a Charizard X with Swanna and lost. What was the matter? I had ice beam as a move and didn't remember to use it.

Every time I use an electric move in doubles...with my lightning rod marowak out...

I really need to breed one with the other ability T_T

Running in my bike, at max speed, for a long time, through routes, cities, once and again returning to Route 7, waiting for the Daycare guy to turn his face and tell me he's got an Egg...

...until I realized the pokémon I was going to breed were still in my party.

Really stupid things I did in Pokemon Platinum (my first game):
  • Got stuck on Mt. Coronet for a while and actually ended up looking at a walkthrough because there was a cave I didn't see :dumb:
  • Kept using mach punch on all of the Galactic grunts' Pokemon even if it wasn't very effective
  • Used Kadabra and Porygon on my team (and in the elite four) because I didn't know they could evolve (my Porygon is still unevolved, but that's just because I think it's cute :crush:)
  • Went into the elite four with Pokemon that were mostly in the low 50's
  • Replaced mach punch with focus punch and saved before I even knew that focus punch made you wait a turn
  • Not really a bad thing, but I mashed the A button whenever I used bullet seed because I thought that would make it hit more :lol:
Also, once I used volt switch on a ground type thinking that I would still be able to switch out.

During my earlier Elite 4 run-throughs, I kept thinking Amaurus was Dragon/Ice. So I kept using Dragon Type attacks. Took awhile for me to realize it was Ice/Rock and switch to Fighting/Steel-Type moves. :dumb:

Try going into a Wi-Fi battle with only 5 mons in the Battle Box (was hatching eggs in my main team, so can't choose that), and choosing only 4... giving your opponent an advantage. I feel bad for not having my full team together. After my loss (which I deserved), I facepalmed at how much fail that happened before I hit the Ready button to initiate the match...

From now on, I'll make sure my battle box is full.

When I was a kid, I watched the anime a lot, and when they told someone to use Stun Spore it would make the other Pokemon fall asleep.
So one time, I taught one of my pokemon (I think it was a Butterfree) Dream Eater, and then it wanted to learn sleep powder, so I taught it to her. And then it wanted to learn stun spore, and thinking of the anime, I thought, "wait, don't those two do the same thing?" So I deleted sleep powder in replace of stun spore. Genius.

I had 2 rayquazas in Gen 3. I used them together in Coloseum's battlemountain (or whatever), teaching them different moves to cover as much as possible for SE damage.

One I tought Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Dragon Claw (iirc)
The second one, among other things, Solarbeam and Sunny Day.

Try and spot the flaw in my plan.

Ummmm... is it just me? I don't see the flaw.

I had 2 rayquazas in Gen 3. I used them together in Coloseum's battlemountain (or whatever), teaching them different moves to cover as much as possible for SE damage.

One I tought Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Dragon Claw (iirc)
The second one, among other things, Solarbeam and Sunny Day.

Try and spot the flaw in my plan.

Ummmm... is it just me? I don't see the flaw.

If nothing else, Air Lock making Sunny Day (and, by extension, Solar Beam as well to some degree) useless at the very least.

After beating Pokémon Platinum and doing all the post game stuff, I put it away for a few years. Go to me taking it out...

And realizing I kept Razor Leaf on a level 84 Torterra.

On my first playthrough of Y, I missed 3 Routes ENTIRELY. I'm not talking 'oh, wait, I need to clear out this route before I head on to the next town'-- no. Routes 22, 16, and Azure Bay-- did not even realize they EXISTED until hitting the victory road entrance. And THAT was only for Route 22; 16 and Azure Bay I didn't find until post-league! And I had the map on Y-select at the time!

However, my crowning achievement in Poke-stupidity had to be back in Gen III, when I got so mad and frustrated trying to get my Macargo to evolve into a Torkoal. Why I thought they were evolutionary relatives, I have no idea, but when I found out it put me off from freely using Macargo for years (I still haven't used one, but I am now open to the idea in the future).

One time on online battle, I was facing a Charizard X with Swanna and lost. What was the matter? I had ice beam as a move and didn't remember to use it.

I don't see any mistake. Mega Charizard X is neutral to both Water and Ice.

"Why nobody told me Helioptile evolves with a Sun Stone???"

Training a Skiddo to become a Gogoat when I realized that you have to rent a Gogoat in Lumiose City. Ugh.

I couldn't get to route 13 from Lumiose so walked half the region to get there so I could get Fly, then I checked my TM bag and already had it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom