• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

Whenever I run into Shuckle, Gligar, and Malamar (I know there's more but I can't remember right now) I always forget their types, and end up making noobish mistakes with type matchups. Oh, misclicks. Especially when you accidentally use a Hyper Potion on a fainted Pokemon rather than the one that actually needs it during a battle. Ugh.

Forgot that M-Kangha loses scrappy and used drain punch on an sableye, and in a double battle forgot M-Gengar loses levitation and I used earthquake XD. I facepalmed myself soo hard..

I just spent 50+ hours levelling up all of my current EV-trained Pokemon because I would send them out to battle first and switch out to a level 100 Pokemon. Little did I know they changed the way the EXP share works, and I just wasted more time than needed to get them to whatever level I wanted to get them. Now that I think about it, I wasted more time than needed to get through the main game because of that.

Forgot that M-Kangha loses scrappy and used drain punch on an sableye, and in a double battle forgot M-Gengar loses levitation and I used earthquake XD. I facepalmed myself soo hard..

I did something like that recently. I tried to use earthquake on someone's Rotom, because I forgot that they always have levitate. (For some reason I thought only the normal form had it.)

I keep trying to use sleep attacks on Mega Mewtwo Y. It just doesn't seem to sink in that it won't work.

Once, I get so distracted during a battle that I blanked out with my 3DS, but didn't want to keep the other person waiting; so, I kept pressing the same move over and over. This move was Earthquake, but what I just couldn't bother to check out was that my opponent was a Cresselia. I lost. Quickly. :D

Going off to EV train via hordes, and forgetting to bring a Sweet Scent user...

Someone challenged me yesterday and they set up 2 Geomancys with their Xerneas. I had the sun up and sent out my Lilligant hoping I could outspeed them which I did....buuuuuut I tried putting Xerneas to sleep when I already had poisoned it earlier in the match so I had to sacrifice 2-3 mons to stall out the poison on Xerneas. Luckily I still managed to win since my Tyrantrum set up two Dragon Dances and swept the rest of his team.

Many years ago, when I was a beginner breeder, I tried breeding a Munchlax with Ditto and wondered for hours why it wasn't working. Then I learned about Baby Pokemon.

Also, I used to think that Groudon was Fire-type, because he looks like it. (And I know some people that still think this.....)

I was fighting a Houndour the other day, and I had my Kirlia out against it. Now, Kirlia doesn't have any moves that hit Houndour yet (all it had then was Confusion, Lucky Chant, Double Team, and Teleport), so I switch it out. What do I send in?

Honedge.

Once I realized what I had done, I just groaned to myself and sent out something else. That something else was Ivysaur. Cue my brain going, "really?!" Luckily I killed it with a Poisonpowder/Venoshock combo, but apparently the type-matchup part of my brain wasn't awake during that battle.

When facing Aegislash during the elite 4 runthroughs, there was a point that I kept using the wrong attack every time it used King's Shield. I had to keep switching due to the mistake.

I realized it's better not to chance it with Attackers over Special Attackers, even with Status moves to waste the opponents' Kings' Shield.

For always thinking that rock types were also immune to electric attacks.
Cost me so many battles as a kid.

I make the occasional mistake of attacking Pokemon with moves they are immune to. Especially fighting moves against ghost types.I have no idea why it happens so often. It doesn't really make sense....

I sorta feel like an idiot when I battle people online who are using legendaries.....I'm stooping down to their level.

When facing Aegislash during the elite 4 runthroughs, there was a point that I kept using the wrong attack every time it used King's Shield. I had to keep switching due to the mistake.

I realized it's better not to chance it with Attackers over Special Attackers, even with Status moves to waste the opponents' Kings' Shield.
I've had better luck using someone who knows Phantom Force against Aegislash. It'll still hit even if the pesky sword uses King's Shield. But yeah, stuff like Shadow Punch ain't gonna cut it in this case.

Mine is Sawsbuck. I keep forgetting that the blasted thing is part Normal and I don't know why. I keep thinking it's pure Grass and it isn't. Sorry, Golurk. I honestly thought that your Shadow Punch could KO that deer. I was terribly wrong. =/

Rearranging my boxes in Bank, accidentally hit B when it asked me to save. Which made me say yes to "Quit without saving?"

Guess who had to arrange those mons again? -_-

When I ran out of Full Restores and Revives, instead of getting more before the next Elite 4 runthrough I completely forgot to buy them and went against the Elite 4 anyway. I didn't realize it until my last Pokemon fainted and I had to re-do that runthrough. -.-

Ever since gen 2 in the beginning when I needed to kill a Psychic type I always switch in a Golbat with bite.
Only to forget he's part Poison.
Definition of insanity? Definitely applies here.

I felt like an idiot the first time I played Crystal and finally found Violet City after two weeks.

I also used my Master Ball on just whatever that first play through......I think it was a Stantler. xD

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom