• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

A long time ago, I traded my Bellsprout for an Onix. Worst deal ever; can't believe what an idiot I was.

After completing the dex (except for events I never got) I got my dex evaluated. Got nothing special.

Afterwards, I realized I forgot Heatran. GTS time!

I caught Moltres with a Master ball. And when I was at Juan's gym. I taught earthquake to my Swampert.

Having my Lapras use Thunderbolt on a Water type...only to have the opponent switch to a Ground type.

There's a reason I bred Freeze Dry on her...yet I sometimes forget.

A 6v6 battle turned into a 5v6 battle because I hit the Confirm button instead of my sixth Pokemon...

I remember reading somewhere that you had to step on a warp tile twice in Silph Co. When I went and played through Pokémon Yellow, I didn't even remember that and I was stuck int there for HOURS.
Also in the same game, I forgot you could check your badges on your Trainer ID, and I forgot that I hadn't fought Sabrina yet. I was wondering why I couldn't progress X).

For the heck of it, I decide to start another Singles challenge in the Battle Maison. I do a double-take when I'm told I have a 17 win streak. Then I remember that I got 200 BP and quit to get the Ability Capsule. Herp, derp. :dumb:

Twice I forgot to teach Riolu Nasty Plot before evolving it. I had to reset my elite 4 runthrough twice to make sure I got the move before it evolved since Lucario can't learn the move.

I remember spending a lot of time trying to defeat Brock in Pokemon yellow with my Pikachu, spamming thunder shock over and over, It's a wonder how i ever beat the game.

Every time I try to attack a Pokemon that had its type changed to Fairy. I don't want to think how many times I've tried using Fighting or Dark-type moves against what used to be Normal or Psychic-types (I'm looking right at you, Mr. Mime...).

-Thinking Rock-type Pokemon were weak to Ice (because most of them for a while were part Ground, something that didn't click right away). It took me until Gen III to realize that mistake.

I had no idea that wasn't the case until now. :XD2: Or at least, I never remember that. It's probably for the reason you've given, that for a while most Rock pokémon around were also part Ground. I'm sure I'm going to remember that from now on, though.

I don't have a lot of "I was an IDIOT" moments, the ones I can think of were easily fixable.

The worst ones have been things like the example above. There were lots of things I didn't pay much attention to back then.

There were things I also missed out on because for several years I wasn't really keeping up with the franchise. That's led to some fun moments, like obsessively checking the TMs in my inventory while playing X&Y because they weren't disappearing.

I used a Psychic type move on Skuntank in a Battle Spot battle. For that moment I had forgotten it was part Dark type. I sure was a derp at that moment.

That moment in Emerald when you're grinding a Ralts which has only Confusion to attack with and a poochyena appears. STILL ATTACK ANYWAYS. XD Also, I didn't grind much during my Sapphire playthrough, now I have a level 37 Sableye and a level 43 Blaziken, with a mix of levels in between.

I bought a bulk of Ultra Balls, and then realized that I should have bought Dusk Balls instead since I usually play the games in the evening. Also... Dusk Balls are cheaper ;_;

Lately this has been happening to me in regards to Pokémon Evolution. I had been leveling tons of Pokémon, and sometimes I would look at one and wonder why its level was so high and it had not evolved yet. Turns out those Pokémon usually evolved by other methods. Duh!

Well I had a dumb moment in pokémon Ruby where I came to the third city I think it was, where a road seemed to be blocked :O I had no clue what to do, so instead I just started training my choice bird pokémon at the time, and I think I got it to around level 55 before I realized that the thing blocking the road was actually a bridge, and I could walk under it... I had to make an actual facepalm at that, it was really the most embarrasing moment :D

Recently, when I was battling with my Mewtwo, I thought my cursor was highlighting Psychic, but I forgot it stays on the last move you chose, so I accidentally chose Recover instead of Psychic. I wanted to attack the opponent, not heal, so I wasn't pleased as a result.

Forgetting a Frillish was Ghost and attacking it with an ineffective move. Twice.

Using Defog on a Bisharp, KNOWING it had Defiant (I was trying to avoid Sucker Punch). Yeah.

On a lesser note, not realizing until earlier this year that Brick Break was named after the thing you see on TV a lot of times, where someone karate chops a stack of bricks.

Thinking shiny Pokemon were deadly glitches

Having no idea how to get to Sootopolis City

Getting there and had no idea how to get into Wallace's gym or the Cave of Origins

Killing Groudon

Killing Latios

Believing the "Deoxys can be caught on the moon" bullcrap

Deleting my Diamond game save which had many important Pokemon on it

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom