• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wow! making teams is time consuming!

Zeldapsychology

Reaction score
I atleast made it the step of the EV bands by trading on here and even decided on my team. I have the pokemon in my completed 719 Pokedex too! Then find out I need what is called a hidden ability on two of them sadly those two pokemon aren't catchable in ORAS and I had already restarted my X game and got to only badge 3 so I can't get them there yet. I bred over 10 Klefki and got ONE perfect IV. Those I CAN catch with Dex Nav but running around one little area seems aggravating. I wish I could just use my pokemon in my box and be done with it. Klefki is ONE Pokemon! I still need to IV breed 5 more not to mention EV train all of them WOW! My head is hurting. LoL!

Breeding for IVs is mind-numbingly dull, yes. But thankfully this Gen made breeding not so much of a hurtful process. ORAS made things even better with the DexNav. Good luck out there.

That's why people hack or just use Showdown.

At the start it takes longer, once you build up a collection of decent IV pokémon you can use them to breed others from the same egg groups.

At the start it takes longer, once you build up a collection of decent IV pokémon you can use them to breed others from the same egg groups.
This was the case for me as well. The start of a breeding collection can be a bit slow, but once you complete it you can use that as parents within the same egg group or trade them with other people for things you might need. Best of luck!

At the beggining it can be really tedious, but now that i have pretty much at least one 6 IVs pokemon from each egg group, it's a complete breeze. I think my fastest breeding was 30 minutes and it was a Minccino.

I actually don't really go for perfect IVs all that often, I mostly just breed for a good nature and egg moves. But I gotta admit, once you get the hang of it and get your first 6IV pokemon it starts getting really interesting. I'm at the phase right now, I recently got my lovely 6IV curse Cradily and it is amazing :D

I actually don't really go for perfect IVs all that often, I mostly just breed for a good nature and egg moves. But I gotta admit, once you get the hang of it and get your first 6IV pokemon it starts getting really interesting. I'm at the phase right now, I recently got my lovely 6IV curse Cradily and it is amazing :D

1 status point can make a real difference.

1 status point can make a real difference.

I know, but I'm not this competitive and I'm not planning to attend any tournaments, so I don't care that much about these differences. I still agree though, the difference between a 6IV pokemon and just a normal one with only the right nature is huge. It's just not that important to me rigjt now.

It's a good thing the changes in Gen VI happened to make breeding easier. In Gen IV, if you screwed up your math once, you could actually go over 252 EVs. I friggin' HATED writing down how many times I beat a certain Pokemon and how many EVs my Pokemon earned if I wanted a full 252 EVs in one stat. XD Breeding for perfect IVs and natures was even worse! Even with my perfect Ditto! It got better with each generation.

It's still a bit tedious breeding, but hey, it's all worth it in the end! You'll also begin to enjoy it after a while. =)

I'm happy if I have two or three perfect IVs, or close to perfect, like 29 or 30. I spend enough time levelling and EV training, so I don't have much patience for IVs. As long as they don't suck, I'm all right with them, trying to focus on the Pokemon's strengths rather than its weaknesses. Having high IVs and EVs in an unusual stat for a certain Pokemon can surprise an opponent, but sometimes I try to get the IVs in the right stat, where the Pokemon is strongest.

Natures can also be a pain, but they always come with a strength and a weakness, so no nature is actually bad; it always depends on what stat you value the most.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom