• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wow this is so random

Apollo0812

Conquistador
Reaction score
One day I was at my friends house, who is now in the hospital (please pray for him to get better) and we were playing Tekken 5. Which is a pretty kick ass game if you ask me. Anyways, I was thinking of the craziest game that Nintendo could put out for a Pokemon game. If you ask me the new Pokemon XD is going to be pretty sweet. But I get a little tired of the battling how the Pokemon just stand there doing nothing until you press an attack. So I was thinking if they made the fighting style similar to Tekken. Where you can unlock new moves if you just press different yet difficult combos on the keypad.

It would go with the anime, how you never know if the pokemon learn new moves. Ash just calls out alot of random moves. Hell, his Pikachu can do anything (Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Iron Tail, Bite, Tackle, Tail Whip, Mimic)! The idea of a game like that involving pokemon just seems pretty sweet to me...

I was thinking about that one day

SSB style fighting, but with all Pokemon (ok not all)

damage is in HP, you have to fight Gym Leaders

[strike]I found it more amusing if it would be more SSB than Tekken[/strike]

EDIT: if you meant 3D that would be awesome

move forward, backward, left, right, up, down
TEKKEN style
DUH! I'm an idiot

Last edited:
Actually, rather than Pokémon, I'd like it if the characters and gym leaders THEMSELVES fought, I'd like to see Koga's ninja moves and Sabrina's psychic attacks

Somehow I don't think that's going to happen. :p

Yeah, a real-time Pokemon game would be sweet - it wouldn't even have to be as advanced as the anime, but something on level with SSB or the Tales series would be wonderful. Unfortunately, I don't think the DS could pull it off without some severe limits that would probably hurt the experience. Maybe if Nintendo ever makes a handheld on par with the PSP... (Yeah, that'll happen when freeze-eye pigs fly out of my ass and attack Hell.)

It would not be sweet. You guys belly ached when I said Accuracy and Evasion should be visable stats. In a real time Pokemon battle, you'd have all sorts of crap to deal with.

Example

Turn Based
Thunderbolt
Type: Electric
Strength: 95
Accuracy: 100
PP: 15-24
Affect: 10% Paralyze

Real time
Type: Electric
Strength: 95/50
Accuracy: 100
PP: 15-24
Affect: 10% Paralyze
Arc: Forward 180%
Range: 19 hexes (using a hexagon map).
Range Dissipation: -5 per hex
Splash range: 1 hex

And there's probably more stats of the attacks to consider and this is just one attack. Now think of every single attack out there and adding this crap.

accuracy and evasion should be visable stats because if they had a pokemon game that had SSB or Tekken type fighting styles, it would be harder to hit attacks all the time. Plus if something like paralysis happened you would be still for an attack or two. But i do get what your saying AL. It'd be a bitch to do all the attacks from R/B to Ru/Sap.

They should make a game like this! It would sell like crazy. But I bey they are waiting becasue of the so many games that are doing this. According to Anime Insider games like this coming out are alot: Inuyasha, ANOTHER DBZ Budokai, and then they have all the previous budokai, all the tekkens, Mortal Kobats, Yu Yu Hakusho...it is hard genre to sell in cause there is so many choices.

yeah basically its so hard to choose. For me it's either Tekken or MK....but im still a fan of MK!!

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom