• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writer's Workshop Autumn Awards 2012 RESULTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misheard Whisper

Nico-Nico-NOPE
Reaction score
RESULTS_zps492897c3.png

Well, folks, it's that time again! The scores are finalised, the jury is in, the tables are set, the baked Alaska is in the oven, and a whole bunch of other unrelated idioms are wandering around like amnesiacs. The Autumn Awards involved some stiff competition, but we have our winners! Regardless of who won and lost, I want to first take a moment to thank everybody who created such wonderful works. Secondly, I'd like to thank those who took the time to make nominations for the awards and voted on the user-decided categories. This obviously couldn't happen without you.

Last, but most definitely not least, I want to thank the judges. Our Workshop staff and other helpful members put in a lot of hours reading, critiquing and judging the nominated fics, and it is a big commitment for busy people. So on behalf of the whole Workshop, I'd like to extend a huge thank-you to the following people, listed by category.

Journey Fics
@Mako; (special mention for coming over to help out despite not being WW staff)
@Drakon;
@Zeb; (like Mako, a longtime friend of the Workshop)
@Princess Crow; (on-loan from the Pokemon Ultra RPG - go check it out!)

Expansion Fics
@LightningTopaz;
@AceTrainer14;

Non-Pokemon/Crossover Fics
@Caitlin;
@Lugion; (special thanks to a WW regular who gave up his time to help out)

Dark Fics
@G-Mama;

Alternate Fics
@Misheard Whisper; (>_>)
@Soulmaster; (like Lugion, a regular user who volunteered to help with the judging process)

Note: Character awards were a group effort, with each of our judges judging the characters in fics from their category.

Further note: If you want more individualised feedback for your fic from the judges, you may PM them and ask for it. However, none of them are under any obligation to provide it; not everyone has the time to write up reviews while scoring. Often you'll find we are happy to oblige, but just a heads up.

So, without further ado, let us get to the results! (Badges can be found here)

Adventure Badge for Best Journey Fic - Heart of Crystal by @Feliciano;
BestJourneyFic_zps240d9fe1.png

Distortion Badge for Best Expansion Fic - Heart of Crystal by Feliciano
BestExpansionFic_zps41f00c7e.png

Combo Badge for Best Non-Pokemon/Crossover Fic - The Abstract Ideal of Staying Alive by @Caprizant;
BestNon-PokemonFic_zps7f0f330a.png

Shadow Badge for Best Dark Fic - The Abstract Ideal of Staying Alive by Caprizant
BestDarkFic_zps6d2b7de3.png

Mystery Badge for Best Alternate Fic - Brotherhood by G-Mama
BestAlternateFic_zpsd49154fb.png

Hero Badge for Best Protagonist - Alaska from How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps by AceTrainer14
BestProtagonist_zps89109676.png

Villain Badge for Best Antagonist - Tyson from Pokemon Academy Year II - Second Year Rhapsody by @Stellar Gale;
BestAntagonist_zpsdc004c31.png

Sidekick Badge for Best Supporting Character - Darren from Pokemon Academy Year II - Second Year Rhapsody by Stellar Gale
BestSupportingCharacter_zpsed23c4a8.png

Congratulations to all our winners! Further results will be posted in a few days, once the judging panel has come to a decision over the Best Story and Best Character awards and tabulated the votes for Best Reviewer and Best Newcomer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to extend my congratulations to all the winners!

Seems I have a good eye for nominations. ;)

I can't say I'm surprised my own fic didn't win, but I'm coming for you next time, @Feliciano!

Congrats to everyone!

...Well, I wasn't expecting that. xD
I'll have to participate more in the Workshop. I feel kinda bad that all I've done here is post my fic. >.>;
Congratulations to everyone else who's won!

Well, didn't expect to win, but being nominated is always nice :p

Congrats to all of you and glad Mishear Whisper isn't going to be the Mother $@%@%$ Gary Oak who gets all the badges first, though I think he still has a shot

anyone know the current badge tallies?

Congrats to all of you and glad Mishear Whisper isn't going to be the Mother $@%@%$ Gary Oak who gets all the badges first, though I think he still has a shot

As far as I know, I'm still in the lead with five. (Legacy has five too, but he hasn't been around.) I didn't even get nominated this season because I haven't updated in so long that everyone forgot. :p

...Wow, that was fast judging.

I didn't win either award my stuff was nominated for (so disappointing... I guess Kelli's not a very good character. I must've tried too hard to improve her over the years), but oh well. I'm glad to have won once already anyway. :)

Congrats to the winners!

Congratulations to the winners! :) I'm just a newbie here at the Writer's Workshop who also isn't a very avid fanfiction reader, but I'm sure everyone did a marvelous job!

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG *dies of shock*

Go Feli! She may be in a state of shock but I always believed in her! :)

Congrats to all of the winners! I had a great time judging and found plenty of good fics. Which for the ones I did(Essence of Life(I can't spell your name), Pokemon Academy @Stellar Gale;), Brotherhood @G-Mama;)) I would like to be mentioned for future chapters if you can do that :)
@Tsutarja; ~_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to all of our winners and nominees! You all did a fantastic job, and I'm glad to have been able to take part in this whole thing.

Thank you to those who nominated and judged Alaska as the Best Protagonist :D I am very proud of her and appreciate all the recognition! And congratulations to all the other winners and nominees! :D

Excluding the Prime, Ace, Feedback and Hatchling Badges from this year which are yet to be announced, the Badge count is as follows:

Legacy: 5
Misheard Whisper: 5
unrepentantAuthor: 4
Feliciano: 3
AceTrainer14: 2
Caprizant: 2
Dai: 2
G-Mama: 2
Stellar Gale: 2
apenpaap: 1
Blue Nostalgia: 1
Booty Warrior: 1
Kelleo: 1
Tsutarja: 1

I rather doubt I'll earn anymore badges anytime soon. Not many people seem to be interested in my fics since I don't write Pokemon stuff much. xP

*Angsty, self-deprecating statement about me not winning*

Congrats to the victors, we have a very talented bunch of writers here. Not winning is far from something to be ashamed of. If there's anything I've learned in my eighteen rather unimpressive years it's that no matter how good you are at something, someone else is just better than you. Occasionally you're unlucky enough to have to compete against those people :ksmile:

Well done everyone, and a big thanks to the mods and volunteers for judging!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom