• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writer's Workshop Autumn Awards 2012 Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay people, here is the Voting Thread for this year's Autumn Awards! Applaud, cheer and generally be jubilant. The names on this list are your nominees! Remember! Most of the categories will be decided by a judging panel (which will be announced shortly) but the Best Reviewer and Best Newcomer categories are user decided, which means YOU vote! There's two nominees in each category, so make sure the one you think is best gets the recognition they deserve!

NOTE: The judging panel reserves the right to remove nominees that they feel are ineligible for the category in which they have been nominated.

ELIMINATIONS:
  • Milo from Pocket Monsters by Legacy was deemed ineligible for nomination as the story has not been updated since the last Awards in May.
  • Essence of Life by Tsutarja has been deemed ineligible for Journey category and has been removed. It remains eligible in Alternate.
  • It's a Mistycal Life by Karamazov has been deemed ineligible for Alternate on the grounds that it is eligible for Expansion, where it has been moved.

Without further ado, the nominees:

Best Reviewer

@AetherX;
@Stellar Gale;

Best Newcomer

@System Error;
@Caprizant;

Best Journey

Journeys of the Red Star: The Journey of Fire by @LightningTopaz;
The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova by @apenpaap;
"Unpredictable" by @AetherX;
The Journey Never Ends by @Waras;
Pokémon: Like No One Ever Was by @Elite Four Lugion;
How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps by @AceTrainer14;
Chaos Theory by @Chaosj2;
Heart of Crystal by @Feliciano;

Best Expansion

Smashed by @99unownoak;
Heart of Crystal by @Feliciano;
It's a Mistycal Life by @Karamazov;

Best Dark

Going Rogue by @Stellar Gale;
The Abstract Ideal of Staying Alive by @Caprizant;

Best Non-Pokémon/Crossover

The Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Power by @Kelleo;
The Abstract Ideal of Staying Alive by @Caprizant;

Best Alternate

Brotherhood by @G-Mama;
Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody by @Stellar Gale;
Live from the Fireside: Season 2 by @LightningTopaz;
Essence of Life by @Tsutarja;

Best Protagonist

Alaska from How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps by @AceTrainer14;
Reggie from Pokemon Academy II: Second Year Rhapsody by @Stellar Gale;
Boreas from The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova by @apenpaap;
Gabe from Essence of Life by @Tsutarja;
Melvin from The Abstract Ideal of Staying Alive by @Caprizant;
Max from Brotherhood by @G-Mama;

Best Antagonist

Tyson from Pokemon Academy II: Second Year Rhapsody by @Stellar Gale;
Diego from The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova by @apenpaap;

Best Supporting Character

Frankie from Brotherhood by @G-Mama;
Darren from Pokemon Academy II: Second Year Rhapsody by @Stellar Gale;
Lotta from Live from the Fireside Season 2 by @LightningTopaz;
Victor from The Abstract Ideal of Staying Alive by @Caprizant;
Fin from Pokemon Academy II: Second Year Rhapsody by @Stellar Gale;
Riley from Essence of Life by @Tsutarja;
Kelli from Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Power by @Kelleo;

Last edited:
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG *flailsatseeingnotjustonebuttwonominationsohmygodguysstopityouflattermewaytoomuchI'mnotthatgoodIswear*

Vote for Best Reviewer: @AetherX;
Vote for Best Newcomer: @System Error;

New Comer: System Error for not just being a good author, but being relatively active

Reviewer: AetherX for the sheer amount of effort your reviews seem to need

Last edited:
Wow. There really are a lot of Journey fics this time around. @_@

Best Reviewer- I'll give it to @Stellar Gale; this time. I can't think of a fic of mine he never read, outside of my oldest stuff.

Best Reviewer - @AetherX;

He gave a really detailed review of my story and whenever I look at his reviews, they are much longer than regular ones so I think he deserves this award for all the effort he puts in them and detailed criticism on each story part.

I'm sorry I can't do better, I've been inactive. :/

Last edited:
Best Reviewer - @AetherX;

He gave a really detailed review of my story and whenever I look at his reviews, they are much longer than regular ones so I think he deserves this award for all the effort he puts in them and detailed criticism on each story part.

Best Supporting Character - Fin - @Stellar Gale;

I'm sorry I can't do better, I've been inactive. :/

The only categories that are user voted are Best Newcomer and Best Reviewer. The rest of the positions will be decided by an esteemed judging panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom