• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Writers' Workshop Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misfit Angel

Normal is an illusion
Reaction score
Welcome to the Writers Workshop Directory! This thread is dedicated to maintaining a catalogue of active stories that are written by our community members. Stories will be categorized by genre and rating, so if you're looking for an EVERYONE rated journey fic, you'll quickly be able to find one!

Due to the age of the previous directory, this one is starting fresh. Recent submissions to the old directory have been included. Please check carefully before submitting your story to see if it's already on the list somewhere!

Being featured
Want your story featured on the directory? It's as simple as filling out the following information and posting it in this thread!

Author name: Your name here.
Story name: With a link to the story.
Quick summary: A maximum of 150 words.
Fandom: Which fandom your story belongs to: pokemon, other or original.
Genres: Pick up to three from the list at the bottom. If your story is non-pokemon, that can be attached as a fourth free genre.
Canon: Which canon ruleset your story follows: Games, Anime, Manga, Mixed, or Custom.
Type: Whether it is a oneshot, a chapter story or a poetry/short story compilation.
Rating: EVERYONE, TEEN or MATURE.
Related works: If your story has any related works (prequels, sequels and spinoffs), you can link them here.

Helping us to maintain the directory
There are a few ways to help us maintain the directory:
  • If you have finished your story and some time has passed, let us know that you'd like your story moved to the archive. The entry on this list will be transferred over to the archive's directory.
  • It's always a hard decision to make, but if you know without a shadow of a doubt that you've cancelled a story that's in progress, please let us know. Like above, we'll move it to the archive and transfer your entry to the archive's directory.
  • Has your story changed significantly? We can update your entry with a new summary, any changed genres, a change in rating, add related works and even its type if you've decided to take a oneshot and extend it.

Does the Writers Workshop Archive have its own directory?
It does! However, it's a little worse for the wear and out of date. It will be updated to look similar to this one soon.

Categories
Now, let's get onto the categories! Click the images below to be taken to their respective entries, which are divided up into content ratings.

Feel like we're missing a category? This list isn't particularly exhaustive, but let us know and we'll discuss whether there's enough potential to justify including it.

More!
Are these categories looking a little slim? The old directory is still available for viewing!

Last edited:
Wl1o6Mi.png

"Oh, you can say that over the phone, Batman! But if I had you here, I'd pound you to a pulp!"
"Start pounding, Joker."
~ The Joker and Batman

Template Entry by NamelessAuthor [EVERYONE] [Franchise: x] [Canon: x] [Chaptered]
summary​

rVqCza0.png

"What motivates you? Too many action movies as a kid?"
"NO SUCH THING!"
~ The President and Asha Odekar, Saints Row IV

A Blond Ray of Sunshine by Antoshi [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Custom] [Chaptered]
A young, upbeat Pokémon Trainer named Antoshi travels around Kanto collecting Gym Badges with his best friend and only Pokémon, Fireball the Typhlosion. When Fireball is kidnapped by Team Rocket, Antoshi unwittingly unlocks superhuman powers within him. With the discovery of these powers, and family whom he never knew before, his life starts to change dramatically as he finds out he is destined for much greater deeds.​

Cyrus Falks: Ace Attorney by BackSet [TEEN] [Franchise: Ace Attorney] [Canon: Games] [Chaptered]
Cyrus Falks is a fresh out of law school attorney with nigh endless optimism. He's prepared to fight for what's right and defend his clients. But things are going on behind the scenes and it seems like his mysterious mentor is the one pulling the strings. Could his knowledge of old case files really be that important? This is an interactive fanfic that requires reader (or as I like to call you, player) input.​

Different Eyes by unrepentantAuthor [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
It's a story about pokémon-human hybrids, personhood, the implications of advanced genetic engineering, pokémon sapience, and personal agency. It's also a story about a cat who wants to be a person, and how she becomes one.​

Lone Star Shine Down by Jabberwocky [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
Nicolasa Huerta dreams of adventure in the Estrejas region, but when she finally gets it, she learns that the world is much larger and more complicated than she'd ever imagined.​

Pletora's Story by canisaries [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mystery Dungeon] [Chaptered]
Scolipede Pletora lives a quiet, solitary life in the forest she calls home, and she likes it that way. One day, however, an odd creature arrives - and so do rumors of a monster.​

PMD: Guiding Light (Vol. 2) by Ambyssin [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Games] [Chaptered] [Related: PMD: Guiding Light (Vol. 1) (T)]
Stop me if you've heard this one before. You wake up somewhere you don't recognize, only to find you've been turned into a Pokémon! Before you know it, you're off on a globe-trotting adventure. Dream come true, right? Well, for one human, that dream quickly turns into a waking nightmare. Can he fend off an otherworldly force threatening to rip the fabric of reality apart?​

some rise by sin by kintsugi [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Alternate] [Chaptered]
I'll go ahead and save you the unnecessary suspense: by the time you catch up to where I am, I will have eight gym badges, defeated my rival five times, and failed precisely once in my mostly-futile bid to save my homeland. Also, I'll be dead. Presented for your entertainment is the not-so-short story of how my murkrow and I tried to give Johto back to her people and instead burned her to the ground.​

JF4c78o.png

"The world calls for wet work, and we answer it. No greater good. No just cause."
~ Commander Kazuhira Miller, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

The First Warriors by AceTrainer14 [MATURE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: GalacticVerse] [Chaptered]
Twelve years after a war tore their region and families apart, Red Lowe, Blue Oak and Leaf Oak leave their hometown behind and embark on a journey across Kanto. Excited, ambitious and fretful, the three are unaware they are about to become pawns in an even greater fight to save their region.​

Last edited:
xaDZxU9.png

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
~ Dr. Seuss

PMD: Twilit Destinies by lucarioknight56 [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Alternate] [Chaptered]
Two brothers--Arthus Zoroark and Matheus Lucario--grow in a region dominated by outlaws and gangs, each suffering losses in the dark world. Together, they rise up and vanquish the darkness, establishing a force for good in the region. All is well…until their inevitable fall from grace. The twilight is brightest before the sun sets…​

Pokemon the Series: Plus and Minus by SeanWheeler [EVERYONE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Anime] [Chaptered]
You know about my walkthrough of a fan game? This is the anime version of that game with Ash and Samantha travelling across the Illis region catching Pokémon, collecting badges, helping out those in need and thwarting the plots of Team Rocket and Team Calculus.​

The Legend of Ampharos by Patrick Haines [EVERYONE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Games] [Chaptered]
Bryan Schneider is the gym leader of Olivine City and the town's local hero, but all of that is about to change. When the Pokémon League decided to replace him with his own niece, Jasmine, he goes on a journey of self-discovery. At first, his journey leads him down the paths of his childhood, along with some of his friends, yet,​

0THSbbH.png

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
~ J.R.R. Tolkein

A Blond Ray of Sunshine by Antoshi [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Custom] [Chaptered]
A young, upbeat Pokémon Trainer named Antoshi travels around Kanto collecting Gym Badges with his best friend and only Pokémon, Fireball the Typhlosion. When Fireball is kidnapped by Team Rocket, Antoshi unwittingly unlocks superhuman powers within him. With the discovery of these powers, and family whom he never knew before, his life starts to change dramatically as he finds out he is destined for much greater deeds.​

An Unwanted Adventure by BackSet [Teen] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
Artemis Seer has been shipped off to Kanto by his mother in order to get him out of the house. So, of course, Team Rocket chooses this particular time to come back. Artemis is quickly dragged into the madness and mayhem and has been tasked with stopping Team Rocket. With the most unlikely of allies at his side he must save the world (or at least the Kanto Region) whether he likes it or not. Spoiler alert, he doesn't like it.​

Flying in the Dark by diamondpearl876 [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
Driven by a sheltered, lonely past, Haley Zamor chooses to travel across Kalos with her pokémon. Along the way she sends letters back and forth with a man in prison named Markus Samaras. Haley only wants to share her adventures with him, resenting the idea of someone else experiencing the same isolation she's always felt. Markus is as strange as they come, and while Haley clearly states that she accepts him, he can't seem to show who he really is inside.​

Land of the Roses by Misfit Angel [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: RoseVerse] [Chaptered] [Related: Night with the Stars (T)]
The world is a dangerous place and that you can't always trust what you know to be true. This is especially true for a young field researcher, a travelling socialite and their assorted friends as they journey across the region of Lanark in search of answers and personal discovery.​

Lone Star Shine Down by Jabberwocky [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
Nicolasa Huerta dreams of adventure in the Estrejas region, but when she finally gets it, she learns that the world is much larger and more complicated than she'd ever imagined.​

Love and Other Nightmares by diamondpearl876 [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
In the face of limited time and limited abilities, what can young and bitter Annie Willems do, if anything? The legendary Kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving.​

PMD: Guiding Light (Vol. 2) by Ambyssin [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Games] [Chaptered] [Related: PMD: Guiding Light (Vol. 1) (T)]
Stop me if you've heard this one before. You wake up somewhere you don't recognize, only to find you've been turned into a Pokémon! Before you know it, you're off on a globe-trotting adventure. Dream come true, right? Well, for one human, that dream quickly turns into a waking nightmare. Can he fend off an otherworldly force threatening to rip the fabric of reality apart?​

Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey by Juliko [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Games/Alternate] [Chaptered]
Julia, a young autistic girl from New Bark Town, finds herself on a journey across Johto to apprehend her older sister for her crimes. On the way, she meets new friends, has run-ins with enemies, and finds herself wrapped up in a big adventure, so her life's been turned upside down. But can she stop her sister before it's too late?​

some rise by sin by kintsugi [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Alternate] [Chaptered]
I'll go ahead and save you the unnecessary suspense: by the time you catch up to where I am, I will have eight gym badges, defeated my rival five times, and failed precisely once in my mostly-futile bid to save my homeland. Also, I'll be dead. Presented for your entertainment is the not-so-short story of how my murkrow and I tried to give Johto back to her people and instead burned her to the ground.​

Star Performer by Fulcrum [Teen] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
A crushing defeat in the final round of Hoenn's Grand Festival threatens to send rising star Coordinator Alex into a downward spiral until his manager suggests an alternative - a holiday in the Kalos region! But it seems the surprises don't end there, as what was meant to be some peaceful R&R ends up being far more eventful than Alex had ever imagined.​

The Long Walk by Beth Pavell [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: LongVerse] [Chaptered]
For Joshua Cook and Evelina Joy, it's a long walk to the Silver Conference - but neither trainer is battling to be the very best. A coming-of-age story of adventure, friendship, and being a young adult in the world of Pokémon.​

6oHY9Y8.png

"For as long as I can remember, I've been searching for something, some reason why we're here. What are we doing here? Who are we? If this is a chance to find out even just a little part of that answer... I don't know, I think it's worth a human life. Don't you?"
~ Dr. Ellie Arroway, Contact

How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps by AceTrainer14 [MATURE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: GalacticVerse] [Chaptered]
Bitter, rebellious, sarcastic: Alaska Acevedo never wanted to save the world. When she left home on her journey, she only wanted to prove you don’t need a starter to become a Champion. But as Alaska blogs her way across Kanto, she is drawn into a web of revenge, violence and manipulation, and learns that she must become a hero. Unfortunately, that means she must become the hero of someone else’s story.​

Kanto: There and Back Again by Beth Pavell [MATURE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: LongVerse] [Chaptered]
From coast to coast and to the heart of the countryside, along ancient trackways and through the celebrated streets of the cities, Bethany Pavell sets off to rediscover the essence of Kanto: the legends, the history and the people that flavour the region, and the tension between humanity and the natural world that has come to define it.​

The First Warriors by AceTrainer14 [MATURE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: GalacticVerse] [Chaptered]
Twelve years after a war tore their region and families apart, Red Lowe, Blue Oak and Leaf Oak leave their hometown behind and embark on a journey across Kanto. Excited, ambitious and fretful, the three are unaware they are about to become pawns in an even greater fight to save their region.​

Last edited:
E1d9fiV.png

"I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose."
~ George Carlin

KAIJUMON by Snuggle Tier List [EVERYONE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Custom] [Chaptered]
Dramedic, cynical, idealistic, applicable, satirical, doesn't-waste-your-time short-ish story about a mother, her son, his best friend that's slightly a kaiju, and how the outside world reacts to their existence. Starts in full parody mode and gets more serious as tension rises/the characters develop, but always keeps a smirk. Inspirations include The Little Prince, Sir Terry Pratchett, Shadow of the Colossus, and the very special episodes of Mister Roger's Neighborhood. Originally published as a four-chapter story, now available in optional single-chapter format. Makes a decent appetizer for the Snuggles literary bibliography; not too short, not too long. Juuuuust right.​

Pokemon the Series: Plus and Minus by SeanWheeler [EVERYONE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Anime] [Chaptered]
You know about my walkthrough of a fan game? This is the anime version of that game with Ash and Samantha travelling across the Illis region catching Pokémon, collecting badges, helping out those in need and thwarting the plots of Team Rocket and Team Calculus.​

wGvkiaf.png

"As soon as you have made a thought, laugh at it."
~ Lao Tzu

Cyrus Falks: Ace Attorney by BackSet [TEEN] [Franchise: Ace Attorney] [Canon: Games] [Chaptered]
Cyrus Falks is a fresh out of law school attorney with nigh endless optimism. He's prepared to fight for what's right and defend his clients. But things are going on behind the scenes and it seems like his mysterious mentor is the one pulling the strings. Could his knowledge of old case files really be that important? This is an interactive fanfic that requires reader (or as I like to call you, player) input.​

Seiren by canisaries [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Twitch Plays Pokemon] [Chaptered]
A young god falls for a pop star. His servant, not all right in the head, gets tired of being ignored and seeks to rectify the situation.​

9BuYrd1.png

"When in doubt, go for the dick joke."
~ Robin Williams

Template Entry by NamelessAuthor [MATURE] [Franchise: x] [Canon: x] [Chaptered]
summary​

Last edited:
2SojsOE.png

"What is drama but life with the dull bits cut out."
~ Alfred Hitchcock

KAIJUMON by Snuggle Tier List [EVERYONE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Custom] [Chaptered]
Dramedic, cynical, idealistic, applicable, satirical, doesn't-waste-your-time short-ish story about a mother, her son, his best friend that's slightly a kaiju, and how the outside world reacts to their existence. Starts in full parody mode and gets more serious as tension rises/the characters develop, but always keeps a smirk. Inspirations include The Little Prince, Sir Terry Pratchett, Shadow of the Colossus, and the very special episodes of Mister Roger's Neighborhood. Originally published as a four-chapter story, now available in optional single-chapter format. Makes a decent appetizer for the Snuggles literary bibliography; not too short, not too long. Juuuuust right.​

LqsgF97.png

"I don't do drugs. I am drugs."
~ Salvador Dalí

Different Eyes by unrepentantAuthor [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
It's a story about pokémon-human hybrids, personhood, the implications of advanced genetic engineering, pokémon sapience, and personal agency. It's also a story about a cat who wants to be a person, and how she becomes one.​

Dreams That You Dreamed by AceTrainer14 [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: GalacticVerse] [Chaptered]
Pua Kealoha dreams of a life beyond the confines of his small Alolan town and their repressive way of living. When a string of newcomers arrive in town, he is suddenly presented with a gateway to the outside world. As his newfound freedom clashes with those around him, Pua must choose between his family, his future, and his dreams, before an outside threat makes the choice for him.​

Love and Other Nightmares by diamondpearl876 [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
In the face of limited time and limited abilities, what can young and bitter Annie Willems do, if anything? The legendary Kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving.​

Phantom Project by diamondpearl876 [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered] [Related: Survival Project (T)]
The sequel to Survival Project, Sai and co. are struck by the slow loss of a valuable friend. In the midst of their grief, they're given what appears to be an opportunity to help them pick up the pieces, and so, they uproot the lives they made for themselves to pursue it—only to continually meet face-to-face with the past anyway.​

Pletora's Story by canisaries [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mystery Dungeon] [Chaptered]
Scolipede Pletora lives a quiet, solitary life in the forest she calls home, and she likes it that way. One day, however, an odd creature arrives - and so do rumors of a monster.​

Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey by Juliko [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Games/Alternate] [Chaptered]
Julia, a young autistic girl from New Bark Town, finds herself on a journey across Johto to apprehend her older sister for her crimes. On the way, she meets new friends, has run-ins with enemies, and finds herself wrapped up in a big adventure, so her life's been turned upside down. But can she stop her sister before it's too late?​

Seiren by canisaries [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Twitch Plays Pokemon] [Chaptered]
A young god falls for a pop star. His servant, not all right in the head, gets tired of being ignored and seeks to rectify the situation.​

Star Performer by Fulcrum [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
A crushing defeat in the final round of Hoenn's Grand Festival threatens to send rising star Coordinator Alex into a downward spiral until his manager suggests an alternative - a holiday in the Kalos region! But it seems the surprises don't end there, as what was meant to be some peaceful R&R ends up being far more eventful than Alex had ever imagined.​

6K5amWf.png

"If your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Alpha Quadrant. And all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal... and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain."
~ Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Hunter, Haunted by canisaries [MATURE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Twitch Plays Pokemon] [Chaptered] [Related: Seiren (T), Miscellaneous TPP Stories (M)]
A young cultist is shocked to find the victim of his last ritual sacrifice reincarnated as an odd, mask-bearing ghost. He must dispose of this ghost before she can expose his crimes in a race against not only time, but also his own sanity.​

Snuggle's Grand Poetry Grab Bag by Snuggle Tier List [MATURE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Games] [Chaptered]
Raw, folksy, punchy, music-like, confrontational, intellectual, introspective, proudly gonzo compilation of personal experiences being analyzed, processed, and organized into stanzas, all from the mind of a former padded cell tenent. Includes thoughts on Pokémon's influence over my life, my life's influence on my view of Pokémon, the Pokémon franchise's influence over the world, and every combination thereof. Inspirations include Lewis Carroll's The Hunting of the Snark, Edgar Allan Poe's The Bells, my snobbish music tastes, and waaaaay too many philosophers. No necessary reading order, context provided but with option to skip. Genres and content ratings vary, though mature philosophical themes are most common. New poems added as inspiration strikes. Dip your toes in however you like!​

Last edited:
PpPtVQR.png

"Your legend grows."
~ Halford Wyrmbane of the 7th Legion, World of Warcraft

Template Entry by NamelessAuthor [EVERYONE] [Franchise: x] [Canon: x] [Chaptered]
summary​

WcDnxHB.png

"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."
~ Lloyd Alexander

Land of the Roses by Misfit Angel [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: RoseVerse] [Chaptered] [Related: Night with the Stars (T)]
The world is a dangerous place and that you can't always trust what you know to be true. This is especially true for a young field researcher, a travelling socialite and their assorted friends as they journey across the region of Lanark in search of answers and personal discovery.​

PMD: Twilit Destinies by lucarioknight56 [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Alternate] [Chaptered]
Two brothers--Arthus Zoroark and Matheus Lucario--grow in a region dominated by outlaws and gangs, each suffering losses in the dark world. Together, they rise up and vanquish the darkness, establishing a force for good in the region. All is well…until their inevitable fall from grace. The twilight is brightest before the sun sets…​

8qQgvKb.png

"Beautiful and full of monsters?"
"All the best stories are."
~ Laini Taylor

summary​

Last edited:
dZ7L6X9.png

"I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things."
~ John Green

miscRux.png

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
~ Groucho Marx

An Unwanted Adventure by BackSet [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
Artemis Seer has been shipped off to Kanto by his mother in order to get him out of the house. So, of course, Team Rocket chooses this particular time to come back. Artemis is quickly dragged into the madness and mayhem and has been tasked with stopping Team Rocket. With the most unlikely of allies at his side he must save the world (or at least the Kanto Region) whether he likes it or not. Spoiler alert, he doesn't like it.​

Dreams That You Dreamed by AceTrainer14 [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: GalacticVerse] [Chaptered]
Pua Kealoha dreams of a life beyond the confines of his small Alolan town and their repressive way of living. When a string of newcomers arrive in town, he is suddenly presented with a gateway to the outside world. As his newfound freedom clashes with those around him, Pua must choose between his family, his future, and his dreams, before an outside threat makes the choice for him.​

Flying in the Dark by diamondpearl876 [TEEN] [Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]
Driven by a sheltered, lonely past, Haley Zamor chooses to travel across Kalos with her pokémon. Along the way she sends letters back and forth with a man in prison named Markus Samaras. Haley only wants to share her adventures with him, resenting the idea of someone else experiencing the same isolation she's always felt. Markus is as strange as they come, and while Haley clearly states that she accepts him, he can't seem to show who he really is inside.​

Phantom Project by diamondpearl876 [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered] [Related: Survival Project]
The sequel to Survival Project, Sai and co. are struck by the slow loss of a valuable friend. In the midst of their grief, they're given what appears to be an opportunity to help them pick up the pieces, and so, they uproot the lives they made for themselves to pursue it—only to continually meet face-to-face with the past anyway.​

The Long Walk by Beth Pavell [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: LongVerse] [Chaptered]
For Joshua Cook and Evelina Joy, it's a long walk to the Silver Conference - but neither trainer is battling to be the very best. A coming-of-age story of adventure, friendship, and being a young adult in the world of Pokémon.​

hA1mtQZ.png

"Marriage... it's not a word, it's a sentence."
~ Rodney Dangerfield

How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps by AceTrainer14 [MATURE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: GalacticVerse] [Chaptered]
Bitter, rebellious, sarcastic: Alaska Acevedo never wanted to save the world. When she left home on her journey, she only wanted to prove you don’t need a starter to become a Champion. But as Alaska blogs her way across Kanto, she is drawn into a web of revenge, violence and manipulation, and learns that she must become a hero. Unfortunately, that means she must become the hero of someone else’s story.​

Last edited:
xQ6Kx9N.png

"Dear terror / I came looking and I find you everywhere."
~ Camille Rankine

Template Entry by NamelessAuthor [EVERYONE] [Pokemon] [Alternate Universe] [Chaptered]
summary​

9rV7AOG.png

"A man is a small thing, and the night is very large and full of wonders."
~ Lord Dunsany

Template Entry by NamelessAuthor [TEEN] [Pokemon] [Alternate Universe] [Chaptered]
summary​

nI3DRCN.png

"Which is the true nightmare, the horrific dream that you have in your sleep or the dissatisfied reality that awaits you when you awake?"
~ Justin Alcala

Hunter, Haunted by canisaries [MATURE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Twitch Plays Pokemon] [Chaptered] [Related: Seiren (T), Miscellaneous TPP Stories (M)]
A young cultist is shocked to find the victim of his last ritual sacrifice reincarnated as an odd, mask-bearing ghost. He must dispose of this ghost before she can expose his crimes in a race against not only time, but also his own sanity.​

Last edited:
a52dP0d.png

"A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."
~ some guy somewhere

summary​

IlgScKS.png

"These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: To explore strange new worlds...To seek out new life and new civilizations...To boldly go where no one has gone before!"
~ Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

BwBkqus.png

"Is the world fundamentally a better place because of science and technology? We shop at home, we surf the Web... at the same time, we feel emptier, lonelier and more cut off from each other than at any other time in human history..."
~ Palmer Joss, Contact

summary​

Last edited:
h7LSmDo.png

"What is this obsession people have with books? They put them in their houses like they're trophies. What do you need it for after you read it?"
~ Jerry Seinfeld

summary​

Tn7kaTE.png

"An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them."
~ Stephen Fry

Template Entry by NamelessAuthor [TEEN] [Franchise: x] [Canon: x] [Chaptered]
summary​

8vNN1HP.png

"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it."
~ Toni Morrison

Miscellaneous TPP Stories by canisaries [MATURE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Twitch Plays Pokemon] [Short Stories] [Related: Seiren (T), Hunter, Haunted (M)]
Cats in sinks, frozen arms, beasts in boxes. A collection of Twitch Plays Pokémon oneshots, some linked to each other.​

Snuggle's Grand Poetry Grab Bag by Snuggle Tier List [MATURE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Games] [Chaptered]
Raw, folksy, punchy, music-like, confrontational, intellectual, introspective, proudly gonzo compilation of personal experiences being analyzed, processed, and organized into stanzas, all from the mind of a former padded cell tenent. Includes thoughts on Pokémon's influence over my life, my life's influence on my view of Pokémon, the Pokémon franchise's influence over the world, and every combination thereof. Inspirations include Lewis Carroll's The Hunting of the Snark, Edgar Allan Poe's The Bells, my snobbish music tastes, and waaaaay too many philosophers. No necessary reading order, context provided but with option to skip. Genres and content ratings vary, though mature philosophical themes are most common. New poems added as inspiration strikes. Dip your toes in however you like!​

Last edited:
J2sFyqa.png

"If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present."
~ Roy T. Bennett

Snowfall by UselessBytes [EVERYONE] [Original] [Real World] [Chaptered]
Spencer Weeks spends too much time snowboarding, and not enough time doing anything else. Between dealing with Tourette’s Syndrome, struggling with college classes, and trying to keep his relationship together, he’s got a full plate. The problem is, he’d rather be on the mountain forgetting all of his problems rather than tackling them head on.​

TYA6oeX.png

"No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."
~ Maya Angelou

Flying in the Dark by diamondpearl876 [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]

Orre: The Desert by Ryoma Maser [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Games] [Chaptered]
Follow a young woman named Cecilia Matthews, seven years after Gale of Darkness as she travels across Orre as a part-time delivery girl for Orre's package delivery company and the encounters she experiences along the way. Come see how Orre has change or what as remain the same in this barren desert, and what befouls Cecilia in her new life.​

Star Performer by Fulcrum [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered]

b3mgQLA.png

"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
~ Marthe Troly-Curtin

Kanto: There and Back Again by Beth Pavell [MATURE] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: LongVerse] [Chaptered]
From coast to coast and to the heart of the countryside, along ancient trackways and through the celebrated streets of the cities, Bethany Pavell sets off to rediscover the essence of Kanto: the legends, the history and the people that flavour the region, and the tension between humanity and the natural world that has come to define it.​

Last edited:
pcYBPlO.png

"That person... Ed....ward. That person... Ed....ward. That person... Ed....ward. Big Brother...Ed."
~ Nina Tucker

summary​

hzzVn8Y.png

"If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments."
~ Earl Wilson

Phantom Project by diamondpearl876 [TEEN] [Franchise: Pokemon] [Canon: Mixed] [Chaptered] [Related: Survival Project]

YWkJF73.png

"here I opened wide the door; / Darkness there and nothing more."
~ Edgar Allen Poe, The Raven

summary​

Last edited:
rIOQY18.png

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair."
~ Two-Face

Snowfall by UselessBytes [EVERYONE] [Original] [Real World] [Chaptered]
Spencer Weeks spends too much time snowboarding, and not enough time doing anything else. Between dealing with Tourette’s Syndrome, struggling with college classes, and trying to keep his relationship together, he’s got a full plate. The problem is, he’d rather be on the mountain forgetting all of his problems rather than tackling them head on.​

uZRSMwf.png

"You can't erase the past. Although... Just know: Everything you've done as an Auto Memories Doll won't disappear, either, Violet Evergarden"
~ Claudia Hodgins

W1soVS9.png

"Maybe we can take a page from her diary, and I'd like to start right now. And let a little of what I feel show through the cracks, through the wisecracks. To all the people here, who I've sweated with and endured with: You're very important to me, and I hope I do a better job of letting you know it."
~ Captain Hawkeye, M•A•S•H

Last edited:
To start things off, I've been keeping tabs on what's been being submitted to the previous directory. The following have been added to this new directory (alphabetical order):
  • An Unwanted Adventure by BackSet
  • Different Eyes by unrepentantAuthor
  • Dreams That You Dreamed by AceTrainer14
  • Flying in the Dark by diamondpearl876
  • Kanto: There and Back Again by Beth Pavell
  • Land of the Roses by Misfit Angel (related works: Night with the Stars)
  • Love and Other Nightmares by diamondpearl876
  • Orre: The Desert by Ryoma Maser
  • Phantom Project by diamondpearl876 (related works: Survival Project)
  • PMD: Guiding Light (Vol. 2) by Ambyssin (related works: PMD: Guiding Light (Vol. 1))
  • PMD: Twilit Destinies by lucarioknight56
  • Pokemon the Series: Plus and Minus by SeanWheeler
  • Seiren by canisaries
  • Snowfall by UselessBytes
  • some rise by sin by kintsugi
  • Star Performer by Fulcrum
  • The Long Walk by Beth Pavell
If your story is missing here, simply submit it with the template listed in the first post and we'll get to it!

Do we have to resubmit all our stories? I had several active stories that were listed in the previous directory that are missing here.

While I doubt you've officially abandoned any of yours, I only grabbed currently active stories (all the way back to page 5 was my cut off) that were submitted to the previous directory. Let me know which ones you'd like submitted and I can grab them from the old one. If you'd like to take the opportunity to update ratings, categories and the summaries, that'll be helpful as well.

Let's crack open those Horror and Short Prose sections!

Author name: canisaries
Story name: Hunter, Haunted
Quick summary: A young cultist is shocked to find the victim of his last ritual sacrifice reincarnated as an odd, mask-bearing ghost. He must dispose of this ghost before she can expose his crimes in a race against not only time, but also his own sanity.
Fandom: (Twitch Plays) Pokémon
Genres: Horror, Drama/Psychological
Canon: Mixed
Type: Chapter story
Rating: MATURE
Related works: Seiren and several oneshots

Story name: Miscellanous TPP Stories
Quick summary: Cats in sinks, frozen arms, beasts in boxes. A collection of Twitch Plays Pokémon oneshots, some linked to each other.
Fandom: (Twitch Plays) Pokémon
Genres: Short prose (mixed genres)
Canon: Mixed
Type: Short story compilation
Rating: (predominantly) MATURE
Related works: Seiren and Hunter, Haunted

Story name: Pletora's Story
Quick summary: Scolipede Pletora lives a quiet, solitary life in the forest she calls home, and she likes it that way. One day, however, an odd creature arrives - and so do rumors of a monster.
Fandom: Pokémon
Genres: Slice of Life, Action, Drama
Canon: Mystery Dungeon
Type: Chapter story
Rating: TEEN
Related works: -

Also, could I request Seiren to be also added under Comedy? I'm done being in denial in that regard.

Author name: Juliko
Story name: Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey
Quick summary: Julia, a young autistic girl from New Bark Town, finds herself on a journey across Johto to apprehend her older sister for her crimes. On the way, she meets new friends, has run-ins with enemies, and finds herself wrapped up in a big adventure, so her life's been turned upside down. But can she stop her sister before it's too late?
Fandom: Pokemon
Genres: Adventure, Drama
Canon: Games/Custom
Type: Chapter story (Currently ongoing)
Rating: TEEN.

How does this look?

Author name: LightningTopaz
Story name: Pokemon Moonlight Silver
Quick summary: See the Johto arc of the anime re-imagined like you've never seen it before! Part of the Pokemon Anime Remix Project
Fandom: Pokemon
Genres: Adventure, Journey
Canon: Custom anime-based
Type: Chapter story (complete)
Rating: EVERYONE
Related works: Pokemon Shine Diamond (sequel, ongoing), Anime Remix Special: The Remix of Darkrai (spin-off, ongoing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom