• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

He somehow gets gifted the items in the set after he reaches specific milestones? (like x number of Gyms beat)
And he doesn't have to win the League itself--just try out beating the Gyms?
That could work. With the number (5) that I have, I could set it to be like every two, he can go obtain it since he is strong enough.
I shall think about it.

Of course, I guess there is also the option of having something like this: Each Shrine has a Guardian/Warden that the main character must beat in a Pokémon battle in order to obtain the Plate (much like Gym Leaders):
The Draco Plate
The Icicle Plate
The Iron Plate
The Stone Plate
The Zap Plate

I am debating on whether I should include the Blank Plate to the set...

That could work. With the number (5) that I have, I could set it to be like every two, he can go obtain it since he is strong enough.
I shall think about it.
Extra is always good, and I do think that 5 works well, but I have an idea for 6. Every 2 Gyms, he gets one, and then upon reaching/beating the champion (if you'd go that route), he gets two?
Of course, I guess there is also the option of having something like this: Each Shrine has a Guardian/Warden that the main character must beat in a Pokémon battle in order to obtain the Plate (much like Gym Leaders):
The Draco Plate
The Icicle Plate
The Iron Plate
The Stone Plate
The Zap Plate
Similar to Wardens and that kinda thing in Legends, I think! That's good too IMO. If you'd like something a bit more "wilderness-y" or "finding new stuff," I'd go with that!
I am debating on whether I should include the Blank Plate to the set...
If 6 sounds good, then that's good~

Extra is always good, and I do think that 5 works well, but I have an idea for 6. Every 2 Gyms, he gets one, and then upon reaching/beating the champion (if you'd go that route), he gets two?

Similar to Wardens and that kinda thing in Legends, I think! That's good too IMO. If you'd like something a bit more "wilderness-y" or "finding new stuff," I'd go with that!

If 6 sounds good, then that's good~
These honestly sound like good ideas. I shall tweak them and see what I can do. Thanks!

I'm considering taking a break from my two Animorphs AUs because I'm getting burned out, but I've already left another WIP on ice because I'm burned out on Temtem, too. What should I focus on instead? My original stories?

I'm writing a My Little Pony G5 AU where (long story short) the main characters are different species, and they get new names to go with it... and then two people told me that giving characters names too different from the originals would be confusing. Any advice?

I'm writing a My Little Pony G5 AU where (long story short) the main characters are different species, and they get new names to go with it... and then two people told me that giving characters names too different from the originals would be confusing. Any advice?

At that point, I’d say that different species and different names would turn them into original characters, even if they were to borrow the backstories of the canon ponies. That, by itself, isn’t even a bad approach. If all, it would give you some flexibility of what to do with them.

@Cresselia92 Have you seen A New Generation? Because that's what this fanfic is based on. I'm having an easier time coming up with this as I go than most fanfics because I'm following the general plot of the movie (character from Race A wants to meet other races, character from Race B wanders into town, they become fugitives), but it's not a 1:1 retelling, so I still need to figure out some details about the backstory.

Could Spears and Lances be considered ranged weapons as opposed to swords, which are not as long?
Ranged weapons are those that attack at distances greater than the weapon itself can reach. Spears and lances are longer weapons than swords, but they can only attack as far as they can reach.

Back
Top Bottom