• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Like I said, I tend to misinterpret things. It's a weakness of mine and actually got me in trouble sometimes at other forums. -_-

Now let's PLEASE change the topic. Would anyone be interested in reading my upcoming MLP/Keldeo story? Even if they're not a Pony fan?

I don't have any interest in MLP (or anything to do with it), therefore I can't comment. I hate crossovers in general. Usually, I like it to be one or the other, all Pokémon or no Pokémon

i used to like mlp but got out of it quickly, and i'm not a huge fan of crossovers anyhow, but i'm sure it's very good! you did win an award after all, kelleo ^^.

anyway, art school is starting soon... i'm pretty pumped, but then again also very nervous... i mean, so many people there are probably SO much better than me. practically everyone on here is better than me LOL. ah, whatever...

basically i can't really write right now because of this huge block, so i just either fart out shitty short stories or do livestreams and draw more venty art. eh. i just haven't been feeling good in general lately. but, i'm going to new york city next week so that'll be exciting. i'm taking the opportunity to observe the city, since i've never been there before, and the fact that the devil's gift takes place in new york city so IT'LL GIVE ME A CHANCE TO BE MORE DESCRIPTIVE YAY.

I don't have any interest in MLP (or anything to do with it), therefore I can't comment. I hate crossovers in general. Usually, I like it to be one or the other, all Pokémon or no Pokémon

Suit yourself then. I think crossovers are great.

I guess no one else is interested. I'd hate to write a story that no one will read, so...

EDIT: God, what is wrong with crossovers?! I think they sound awesome. A Zelda/FE crossover would especially be epic, imo. Also, Lady Lucifer, I already posted the plot a page ago. You can see for yourself if you think it's good or not. xP

Most crossovers go exceptionally bad and most author's use them for the express purpose of making their favorite characters meet with no logical reason for the crossover. I tend to avoid crossovers just because they tend to go into realm of ridiculousness I can't stand.

Most crossovers go exceptionally bad and most author's use them for the express purpose of making their favorite characters meet with no logical reason for the crossover. I tend to avoid crossovers just because they tend to go into realm of ridiculousness I can't stand.

So this automatically means mine is going to be terrible just because it's a crossover where I'm having Keldeo meet Rainbow Dash (not to mention they'll grow pretty close)? Great, thanks.

I'll admit, I haven't read many crossovers, but I enjoyed those I did read. You guys just must be finding bad authors. Also, this crossover isn't in writing, but Super Mario Bros. Z, which crosses over Mario with Sonic and has a few Dragon Ball Z elements, is AMAZING. It's a series on YouTube.

So this automatically means mine is going to be terrible just because it's a crossover where I'm having Keldeo meet Rainbow Dash (not to mention they'll grow pretty close)? Great, thanks.

I'll admit, I haven't read many crossovers, but I enjoyed those I did read. You guys just must be finding bad authors. Also, this crossover isn't in writing, but Super Mario Bros. Z, which crosses over Mario with Sonic and has a few Dragon Ball Z elements, is AMAZING. It's a series on YouTube.

If you ask people for their opinions, you need to learn to accept them. You can't be like "OMG Y U NO LIEK ME IDEAZ".

And yeah, I've seen Super Mario Bros. Z. It's pretty awesome, but it's not a fic. It's animation, and that tends to please people more because it's more fluid, more live. Here, they have to take time to read and understand and etc. And like Rai said, it eventually just goes into a major downfall because things get so ridiculous and nothing makes sense. The inevitable, sadly :/

Okay, wow way to fail reading comprehension. I never once said your crossover would go bad. I explained why I personally don't like crossovers. You posted this:

EDIT: God, what is wrong with crossovers?! I think they sound awesome. A Zelda/FE crossover would especially be epic, imo. Also, Lady Lucifer, I already posted the plot a page ago. You can see for yourself if you think it's good or not. xP

And I said exactly why I dislike crossovers and what I think is wrong with the majority of them. Not everyone is out to get you and especially not me - I don't have the time for that.

If you ask people for their opinions, you need to learn to accept them. You can't be like "OMG Y U NO LIEK ME IDEAZ".

And it's fine if you aren't interested in reading it. But turning it down just because it's a crossover? THAT is what I don't appreciate. You can't be like "OMG IT'S A CROSSOVER, SO THIS MUST SUK."

And like Rai said, it eventually just goes into a major downfall because things get so ridiculous and nothing makes sense. The inevitable, sadly :/

And who says mine will be like that? Like I said, you can't assume my story will be bad just because it's a crossover. :/

I just want people to give it a chance. But fine, if you really think this idea will be doomed, I guess I'm throwing it away.

EDIT: Who said I thought someone was out to get me? o_O

If you remember, I didn't say I turned it down because it was a crossover. I turned it down because I have no care for MLP or anything to do with it. Then, I said I don't like crossovers in general.

If you remember, I didn't say I turned it down because it was a crossover. I turned it down because I have no care for MLP or anything to do with it. Then, I said I don't like crossovers in general.

Oh. I must have misread your post then. My mistake, sorry for getting worked up...yet again.

Alright. And I still must apologize. People giving stupid reasons for turning something down is a major pet peeve of mine, so I tend to get worked up when I see, or think I see, that happen.

I still wish for at least SOMEONE to give my fic a chance. I was really excited about this. At least I know why the thread I made on this idea went ignored...

I just want people to give it a chance. But fine, if you really think this idea will be doomed, I guess I'm throwing it away.

If you have that little faith in your idea, throwing it away might be a good idea.

And it's fine if you aren't interested in reading it. But turning it down just because it's a crossover? THAT is what I don't appreciate. You can't be like "OMG IT'S A CROSSOVER, SO THIS MUST SUK."

Again, no one mentioned your crossover specifically. Things like that are why I said you're acting like people are out to get you. I am turning down your story because I just don't like crossovers. Maybe it won't suck, but I don't like crossovers, I'm ambivalent about Keldeo, and I haven't been seriously interested in MLP in weeks. Some people just don't like certain things - that's their (and my) right.

So I've been thinking of an idea for a fic. It deals with a long war between regions that will last decades, the thing is that the fic won't follow just one main character but different main characters with every passing decade.

This sounds like an interesting idea. I like the idea of a new MC for every decade, it would show some interesting changes by showing us how the MCs change throughout the course of the war.

EDIT: By the way, sorry I haven't posted a review for your other story yet - I've been busy with some other things.

I figured since you haven't been on in a few days and all that this is the first time I've seen you since the last time we talked xD

And yeah, each main character in turn will be a sort of mentor or supporting figure to the main character that follows plus they will still be an important figure.

There's also the fact that with each generation new mysteries pop out and are resolved regarding the war so each decade will be like it's own little part of the story.

That sounds like a really interesting idea - each past MC mentoring the current MC, while they uncover new depths to the situation...Sounds like a great plot. I look forward to see more of it, Stellar Haze.

I lol'd at the good evening getting interpreted as war thing xD.

Have a blast at Portugal, uA. Say hi to some of the players from the Portugal football team to me :D

Back
Top Bottom