• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

And speaking of paying attention to someone's story, I'm still waiting on a review in the review game. D:

And speaking of paying attention to someone's story, I'm still waiting on a review in the review game. D:

You need to be patient with this game. Some people had to wait a long while before they got theirs. Due to the lack of activity in the Workshop over the past few days I would say that most people are quite busy.

I got a 3DS for Christmas and I'm extremely happy with it. Anyone hesitating to buy a 3DS shouldn't. It's great, I love mine! (It's pink ^-^)

Ugh, I want to return to one of my writing projects as I'm burnt out on another, but it's been forever and I'm not sure where to continue. I've lost the groove and I don't know how to get it back. I've tried reading my story, trying to absorb myself into the characters, their interactions, the atmosphere, etc. but I just can't seem to figure it out. :(

Anyone else had this problem? It's why I rebooted my Storm Island story the first time and I really don't want to have to reboot it a fourth time when I'm just two chapters in.

I am having a similar issue with all my series as I have had to keep delaying them due to school work, and now I am finding myself continuously stumped by it all. It is difficult to get back into the groove of things, and I keep forgetting what the previous chapters involved. It does not help that I am being rushed by more work coming up...

You need to be patient with this game. Some people had to wait a long while before they got theirs. Due to the lack of activity in the Workshop over the past few days I would say that most people are quite busy.

Yeah, that's true. I'm even busy myself anyway with work and trying to update some fics.

I am very happy to see no negative reactions to the Spring Awards announcement! I was expecting at least a few people to try rioting in protest, at the very least someone querying the upcoming changes :p

They know that I would ruthlessly crack down on any such protests and destroy the basin of their discontent. That is why they remain silent. >:O

I'm more curious about the new judging system that got mentioned...

We went over it at the beginning of the month. It involves Ace winning every award every time.

*nods in agreement* Looks like I don't need to make a new announcement then!

And @NoirGrimoir, there was a Shipping Fic category originally, but only one story ever got nominated all the time so it got removed. And ti would be difficult to judge romantic relationships as they are very much opinion based rather than rooted in the story (ie Harmione shippers in Harry Potter)

That's true, shipping wars can be brutal, I wouldn't want to touch that with a ten foot pole either. But then the award would be for how well the romance is written, and that isn't any more opinion based than any other award, I don't think. By the way, what fic was it that always won?

I remember when we used to have a ton of categories including best romance and best Pokemon character and whatnot, but I like the more cut down style myself. When there are a bunch of awards, they don't feel as special.

I think the amount we have now are fine too, but Romance is such a big category and it tends to be slipped into a lot of types of stories so I think it makes sense to have an award for it.

That makes sense. Especially if we went the route that System Error suggested so it wasn't shipping fic centric.

I think this was the fic that always won, assuming we're thinking about the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom