• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Mine, for the record...

- Chrom with Sumia. No real regrets, because Aether Cynthia is a BEAST.
- MAvatar with Lissa. Impulse, shouldn't have done it, but Owain is cool so getting all classes on him is cool too. So I don't regret it too much.
- Lon'qu with Sully. Only real instance of actual compatibility I tried to go for? He's afraid of women? Give him a woman who's more of a man than him. Don't have their child.
- Fredrick with Cordelia. Proceeded to never get their child and never use either ever again.
- Ricken x Nowi. Kids. Even if one is not actually a kid. Also proceeded never to use either ever again and never get their kid.
- Everyone else I basically don't use enough.

On a random note, I've never used Gregor (although to be fair, he's done more for me than Miriel, who's seen equal disuse). But apparently he, Owain, and Inigo are the only characters who naturally get Vantage and Wrath. Which I might need a surplus of for the DLC Challenge Maps - I have Owain with an all-weapon-breaker-and-armsthrift build, too.

From the last DLC though that's not out in NA let alone Europe yet, I'm wondering why in the hell Katarina from FE12 as a reward could possibly be worth a damn. I mean, the Pegasus sisters are pretty okay, but her? I haven't seen it played enough, but I do know
she's apparently really an assassin who tries to kill Marth in the prologue, and former friend of your avatar in that game. Needless to say it was strangely amusing to have Pr. Marth brutally murder her in Rogues and Redeemers 3.

Last edited:
Don't suppose the two of you could spoiler those? It might give away some of the game for others but idk.

Can all users please note that there has been a rule change around Mislabelled Fiction/Inappropriate Content that all users must be aware of, available to find in the Rulebook.

As we seem to have an influx of new users, can all new members please make sure they have read the rules as well. Our Welcome Hub has been delayed due IRL issues, but will be up as soon as possible.

Whoa, two days without a single post in this thread? What blasphemy is this? :eek:

Anyway, I saw an extremely rare sight tonight! It was a moonbow, a rainbow formed using moonlight instead of sunlight. They're so rare because the colors are harder to see in the dark and moonlight has a way smaller range than sunlight. But I saw the colors! They were so pretty! This is only the second time in my life I've seen a moonbow. I'm quite lucky. :eek:

Question for you all: what part of X and Y are you most looking forward to, based on the current information we have? This can be a certain Pokemon, something to do with a rumour you may have heard, having 3D Pokemon, whatever you like!

Personally, I am intrigued by the ideas of adding a new type, as there are plenty of rumours that the Fairy type will be unveiled. It shall be interesting to see what Pokemon get reclassified if it is true

Considering that I'm a big fan of Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, I'm more exited about that as everything is at last going to be full 3D in the main series.

I think I'm most intrigued by the new Pokemon themselves. xD Particularly Fennekin, Chespin, Pancham, and Helioptile. Also, the concept of being able to ride certain land Pokemon is very interesting as well. Oh, and, the "story" behind the game itself, with the whole X and Y thing with the legends and whatever else. I would definitely like to know and understand how their related and where the game designers got the idea from. I, personally, am not in favor of a new type, though. Adding one right now could change the whole metagame completely, and honestly, it's fine the way it currently is.

I'm interested in how genetics ties in with the story! It's a really neat theme to go with. I've never been THAT interested in the subject, to be honest, but somehow I'm still interested in what the story with it in X and Y is.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, that moonbow I said I saw, I think that was actually a false one (a colored corona, to be exact), not a true one. I just looked up to find out for sure and yeah... Well damn. DX

Last edited:
I can't say I'm really excited all that much about the new generation, but more details on the way they might be doing character customization has me most interested.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been around much. I haven't had an internet connection since I moved back home after the semester ended. I'm currently at my local library using the internet there.

So, yeah, I have plenty of time to write.

But do I write?

Make sure you check out the announcement about the Summer Awards and the exciting changes coming into play, and feel free to share your thoughts on the changes :)

It has been a week and no progress on the Review Game. It is just a short little poem, probably won't take that long for you to review. So if one of you can review it for MuddyMudkips I'm sure he will appreciate it.

Hmmm... the Digimon story I had been writing just passed the "3,000 words" mark, and it's only the first chapter...

For comparison, the original form of the story, written sometime pre-2009, reached the 3K count early into the third chapter...

Back
Top Bottom