• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Sorry to hear that Feli, I really hope things work out.

So I'm assuming you guys remember this? Well, I'm starting. By May 3, I hope to have reviewed fifty different fics. We'll see how this goes. Given that I'm a mod now and actually have obligations to post I'm not going to do the whole countdown thing, but fifty reviews is fifty reviews anyway. Post #1000 is still going to be the big final(ish) battle chapter of Unpredictable and the rest of this will just keep going. More information can be found in this blog post.

I really hope that some of you can join me. You don't have to be as mental as I am, but even just pledging to review five different fics in the next month is a great way to help this great community we're all a part of.

I still think this is a great thing what your doing, and I hope some other people (including myself) follow in your paths and help to spread the feedback :)

I know how that feels @Feliciano. I've been out of work for two years, effectively. What was supposed to be a dream job in China turned out to be anything but, so it's back to playing silly buggers on the job market.

I think I already review five stories per month, but I'll make that a promise if you like @AetherX

Thanks, @AetherX and @Pavell. I'm trying to look on the bright side that, if by some miracle NoA did decide they wanted to hire me, I probably wouldn't have been able to keep being involved with the garden. I'm not getting my hopes up about this other position, though. They're giving preference to people with programming knowledge and experience, of which I have precisely none. There are worse things than being a security guard, I suppose...at least it'd be a paycheck so that Ryuu and I can get into a place of our own and not have to deal with a roommate who seems to believe that we should be live-in maids who pay rent :disgust: But that's a rant for another time. I've had a long and frankly not terribly pleasant day, and I'm too tired to get on that rant.

I'll be honest, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to commit to reviewing fics right now. I've become the primary breeder for our Wonder Trade Wednesday stock, and nobody else has seemed terribly inclined to pitch in. I'm already working on next week's batch of Psyduck.

I've been unemployed off and on a lot ... and if I may give just a little advice, I've always found that remembering to have fun helps a hell of a lot. It sounds silly, but seriously, remember to take time for yourself. Otherwise your life just becomes nothing but thinking about employment, and therefore, thinking about the rejection letters. And the idiots who seem to think that reading CVs is an unnecessary chore

Sorry to hear that @Feliciano; :/ I hope you can find a job you enjoy soon. I've been out of work since last year, but that's not a huge deal since I'm still living with my parents. I'll probably need to get one soon, though, once I start college. Probably can't this year, though - between school, tutoring, therapy, and everything else I just really don't have the time.

Finally found my notes for Bulbagarden! while cleaning my room... maybe I should finally get around to getting the rest of that written.

Last edited:
Shaking off writing rust is fun. Hopefully, I can keep the pace up on my fic moving forward. Idly, what I just posted is KB-wise my third-biggest chapter. Granted, some of it was written from before, but still. Hey.

Random idle facts: there's another RP-to-make-a-scene character in that chapter, and the second battle in it wasn't in my original plan, but it broke things up better. The content of it probably wouldn't have happened if I was writing in a timely fashion, though, so there's that silver lining?

I've got nothing but time on my hands these days...all of my time is for myself, and frankly, it's driving me nuts. It gets to the point where if I even have a passing thought about being employed, even in public, I seriously have to work to stop myself from freaking out right then and there, and I know that's not healthy. Everything else stresses me out so much more easily, too. There's a reason I seem to have become the main breeder for Wonder Trade Wednesday, and it's not just because I have the free time. If I don't absorb myself in repetitive, mindless tasks that don't require me to think, I start to think, and thinking is not good, and I'm running out of things to focus on and keep me distracted from the fact that I'm nearly 24 and the only employment I've ever had is a temp job in a department store this past holiday season and literally my only skills are in proofreading and editing, which are so laughably unimportant to anyone that I might as well not have any real skills at all.

Try volunteering. That's what I did, I'm a volunteer for a charity - shan't say which one - but it gives me something worthwhile to do with my time. It's been about two years now, and if nothing else, it means that once a week I can help someone else in need. Did I say once a week? I mean officially once a week, and the rest of the time I'm being pestered with questions at home because I was silly enough to let myself become a team leader.

It's been a while since Fritz Westmyn has been on Page 1 in the Fairground

I have tried that though :-/ I submit my info, and never receive any confirmation, and I never hear back when I try to get any confirmation. It's like I'm just completely invisible or something, and I'm really starting to hate it >.< But I'll stop derailing the conversation.

Finally found my notes for Bulbagarden! while cleaning my room... maybe I should finally get around to getting the rest of that written.

Heh, I remember that story. Didn't you have like five "seasons" of that all planned out? With soundtracks and everything?

Heh, I remember that story. Didn't you have like five "seasons" of that all planned out? With soundtracks and everything?
I did indeed. I lost the notes which is why I stopped writing it, but now I've found them again.

I did indeed. I lost the notes which is why I stopped writing it, but now I've found them again.

Well, if you need/want a guest writer for a chapter or two, feel free to hit me up. I can't come up with anything original to save my life, but I should be able to follow a prompt.

Well, if you need/want a guest writer for a chapter or two, feel free to hit me up. I can't come up with anything original to save my life, but I should be able to follow a prompt.

I'll keep that in mind! I've only got a few chapters left to write in season three, but season four takes place in college, which should give some fun material to play around with.

Literally the only reason I became anything resembling a main character is because Ryuu and I were flirting so hard that real life ended up writing the plot :p Moral of the story, if you want to be a main character, get in a main character's pants.

So is TwitchPlays still going? I haven't heard anything about it for a while now so I have no idea if Emerald is still going or not. I must say that its a tad disappointing that they pushed their luck with it so much; I think a one off thing would have been more successful, or perhaps waiting a month instead of a day between games.

So is TwitchPlays still going? I haven't heard anything about it for a while now so I have no idea if Emerald is still going or not. I must say that its a tad disappointing that they pushed their luck with it so much; I think a one off thing would have been more successful, or perhaps waiting a month instead of a day between games.

They're still at it and according to Bulbapedia, they have defeated all eight gym leaders as well as Wally at this point in time. At the moment though, it looks like they're a bit lost inside Victory Road.

Thanks for the update. Admittedly, I am quite interested to see what happens with Platinum should they move on to that; the mythology around Dialga, Palkia and Giratina should make for some interesting fodder, and I can only imagine how many hours will be spent in the Underground.

We have been discussing this as moderators, so I will now raise the question to see if people want it as well. We are currently discussing and considering a 'Character of the Month' thread that will go in the Written Word, where questions will be asked of one author a month about one of their characters (or perhaps two if there are intertwined ones). The big difference between this and FotM will be that any users will be able to ask or submit the questions. It will most likely be that the person who is interviewed one month will the next ask/arrange the questions and pick the next interviewee. The first few months will focus on past Character of the Month winners, and it will be a prize for anyone that wins that Award, but then things will be open for anyone and potentially RP characters as well. So what do people think?

Back
Top Bottom