• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

So I was having a fairly absurd conversation with my proofreader today, and we got to talking about what some of our favourite fanfics might be like as an anime. Here's what `Silver had to say about The Long Walk:

I can imagine a possible intro for your fic, actually
Silver: white background, with a black font similar to the one used in the Harry Potter series
Silver: Josh opens by walking towards the screen, seemingly getting closer to the viewer
Silver: his body is initially just a shadow and then a scenery is seen through it
Silver: a Johto scenery, clearly
Silver: then the same happens with Eve, playing with her Ledyba or training with her
Silver: at some point the two walk towards each other and the scenery seen through their bodies is zoomed in on
Silver: and it's a picture of them travelling together
Silver: it continues from there with some slice of life scenes and some battle scenes

I'm not sure about the font idea, but that's `Silver for you. And anyway, my story isn't nearly shounen (He says, probably getting his jargon wrong) for pokémon anime.

Anyway, any thoughts? How does everyone else imagine their story as an anime?

Wooo, 400 pages! Seems like we were celebrating reaching 300 only a few weeks ago! Good job on you all for being such socialable, chatty and argumentative people to help us get this far! :D

I really wish Galactic could be animated rather than written as a story; a lot of my plans for it can't really be written in a proper story format, so I'd love to make that an anime :p

"It's Electric" was originally conceptualized as an animated project... but those plans didn't come through if you couldn't tell. I had wanted to animate the band's scenes to the songs played, but it was pretty much just a pipe dream. Mostly because I'd be doing it all by myself, and it would take a lifetime just to complete one song. Filling out the dope sheet, doing a story-board, drawing the artwork, synchronizing the frames to the song... not to mention the potential copyright issues that would arise from such a thing. :p

It wouldn't be an "anime" though. I'm not really of fan of anime, to be honest. I've been spoiled by western animation.
Now, if I were to animate the entire story, that would be awesome. I've always entertained the idea of getting a team together to do a project like that; like a legitimate cartoon show. We'd need artists, storyboarders, writers (Oh! Oh! Pick me!), animators (Pick me! Pick me!), etc.... Heh, it's unlikely, but it would be really cool nonetheless. :D

Wooo, 400 pages! Seems like we were celebrating reaching 300 only a few weeks ago

400? I just hit 300. xD

Last edited:
I've imagined Flames of a Revolutionary as a anime many times myself. Whether or not it would work as one is a different matter altogether.

Also, Woohoo for reaching 400 pages!

You do not want me to get into this conversation xD mostly because my story is pretty much anime inspired as anyone that's read it would probably notice, that being said I constantly imagine different things for it if it was an anime, opening themes for one.

Tell us, tell usss!

Funnily enough, I find easier to think of things that would annoy me if my story was adapted into an anime. Like running in the opening sequence (Pretty much a staple of anime but Josh is not Ash! He wouldn't run unless he was being chased by an onix!). Or a bishie-Josh (shudder). Or, horror of horrors, Eve drawn as anything other than as I describe her ("willowy", it's in Chapter One, black and white)

I'd rather skip the animation part and go straight to live action with CGI. I've tried to create an atmosphere of realism that I feel wouldn't work well with an animated environment. I had a list of actors and actresses at some point, but that's been lost to time, and I remember not liking a few of my choices later on down the road.

I'd also rather have my fic be live action with CGI. I've tried envisioning it as anime, but it just doesn't work out so well.

And woohoo 400 pages of refusing to let anyone else get the last say!

Oh yes, I think I'd much prefer to have either live action/CGI or have a more traditional animation style. Either way, I have always envisioned Galactic as being acted out to some degree, which is largely why it is so out of control and doesn't really work as a story :p

Also, I am now being forced to read into my own rules to work out whether I can or cannot take part in the Review Game :p

It would be interesting to see Pokemon as live action/CGI. I think I would be weirded out by certain Pokemon as non-anime. Pikachu and the real classic ones in particular. Sort of like that Dragon Ball Z movie they did years ago.

My fic isn't anime enough to be anime. Hell, most of the conceptualizations of Pokemon appearances come from Red and Blue sprites, or are realistic enough to the point of where anime-stylization would not have them come across well. Hair colors are even normal on the spectrum, except for one character who dyes it.

I envision it in live-action, though I dunno if it'd work. Like, at all.

Back
Top Bottom