• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

As I progress in One Big Conspiracy, I've realized that I like snarky omnipresent narrators.

I wrote a short, just over 20-page thing once as a sort of spin-off/prequel of my main story in between finishing my first draft and starting the rewrite. It wasn't very good. I'll probably rewrite that too at some point, maybe.

My main story though is not at all short - I'm nearly at the 200-page mark, though I only have about five or six chapters left to go. So the end is kind of in sight, actually now I think about it. No idea what I'll do once I've finished that, though. Write something else, I guess? Hmm...

What'll you do once you finish it? You'll upload it, of course!

Your confidence in the interest, motivation and persuasion skills of the good people of Bulbagarden is definitely impressive.

Honestly though, it's a very nice surprise to see some interest. Maybe I'm not staying out of sight quite as much as I thought I was...

that awkward moment when you finish a fic and your whole life feels empty

speaking of which, it's been almost exactly 2 years since i finished writing my baby, Survival Project

I kind of feel relieved and happy when I finish writing something, just to know I actually made it to the end. What have you finished?

that awkward moment when you finish a fic and your whole life feels empty

speaking of which, it's been almost exactly 2 years since i finished writing my baby, Survival Project

I kind of feel relieved and happy when I finish writing something, just to know I actually made it to the end. What have you finished?

several hundred drabbles/one-shots, which, i suppose, i was happy to be over and done with, since i got my ideas on paper.

as for anything long and/or worth noting, just Survival Project. i felt happy initially, but that was knowing there was more to go (ie. the editing process). once that editing was done, i was a bit lost

If have no idea what I'm going to do if I ever finish Storm Island. I've got at least a year of writing ahead of me, but then what? Will I be burnt out on writing by then? I hope so, because it's devouring so much of my life ;_;

I kind of feel relieved and happy when I finish writing something, just to know I actually made it to the end.

Yeah, I feel this too when I finish! Especially if it's a longer story. Oh, the happiness for myself that I'll feel when Super Luigi comes to a close. And it's sorta nearing the end too. Luigi's got five of those seven stars he needs to get. All that's left are the last two and then the final showdown with Bowser. That's around five chapters left, I'd say.

I'm very frustrated with one of my friends. The boy is as obstinate as they come and has gotten himself into an unhealthy-ass relationship. I mean, finding a girlfriend has been his #1 goal for years now, and now that he has one, he's completely lost himself. He doesn't respond to any of his friends' text messages unless we specifically ask him something, he asks his girlfriend permission to do literally anything other than hang out with her (which happens literally every day) or go to work (he works with her). His performance at work his been slipping because he's too distracted by her being around, so they're considering firing him even though he's *a manager* and has been working there for years. A big thing in our group has always been playing video games together since we all have PS4s, but half the time he's playing is spent paused, dropped out of our party chats, while he does shit for her. He spends all his money on her to the point that he has paid back another friend a mere $20 of the $130 he's owed since March (and he makes well above minimum wage- there's absolutely no excuse for it). And to top it all off, she sits back and laughs when her friends talk shit about him on Twitter and Facebook.

I mean, damn it, the boy had problems before getting into this relationship, but she has sucked away every good quality he had.

I'm very frustrated with one of my friends. The boy is as obstinate as they come and has gotten himself into an unhealthy-ass relationship. I mean, finding a girlfriend has been his #1 goal for years now, and now that he has one, he's completely lost himself. He doesn't respond to any of his friends' text messages unless we specifically ask him something, he asks his girlfriend permission to do literally anything other than hang out with her (which happens literally every day) or go to work (he works with her). His performance at work his been slipping because he's too distracted by her being around, so they're considering firing him even though he's *a manager* and has been working there for years. A big thing in our group has always been playing video games together since we all have PS4s, but half the time he's playing is spent paused, dropped out of our party chats, while he does shit for her. He spends all his money on her to the point that he has paid back another friend a mere $20 of the $130 he's owed since March (and he makes well above minimum wage- there's absolutely no excuse for it). And to top it all off, she sits back and laughs when her friends talk shit about him on Twitter and Facebook.

I mean, damn it, the boy had problems before getting into this relationship, but she has sucked away every good quality he had.

I had to log in to confirm this. Even his bosom-buddy work friend, who's a very friendly, patient, nice dude is starting to get tired of him and her effects on him.

Too bad I don't own anything you can do things with with Amiibo, cause they're really cute :(

Also, I've been meaning to read stuff you guys wrote for a long time now, but some things are kinda long and intimidating? How are you on short stories? (I guess I have commitment issues when it comes to reading and anything artistic XD)

You don't even have Smash Bros.? Aw. D:

And yeah, the length of the fics here vary greatly. Some are really long, like my FE: Dawn of Darkness, while others are just one-shots.

nope, it somehow never really appealed to me...

one-shots are cool too!
i just really like short stories XD they're sorta like dates, you spend some time with them, but there's no actual commitment, but it can still have depth

i'll check out the stuff you guys linked asap, but i prolly should do all my required reading first

nope, it somehow never really appealed to me...

one-shots are cool too!
i just really like short stories XD they're sorta like dates, you spend some time with them, but there's no actual commitment, but it can still have depth

i'll check out the stuff you guys linked asap, but i prolly should do all my required reading first

Well, fighting games aren't for everyone, I guess. :p

Yeah, short stories are nice for not having to spend as much time on them.

I had a friend in high school who was very similar. Keep in mind that it's actually less about her and more about him. Pining to be in a relationship with somebody is normal. Pining to be in a relationship with anybody is unhealthy and will inevitably lead to a situation such as this. I would suggest gathering a couple other like-minded friends and sitting down to have a talk with him. Just lay it all out, and be prepared for him to get mad. Alternately, you could talk to her about the fact that he might lose his job. Hopefully that's serious enough for her to talk to him about being less clingy at least.

Just my thoughts after having a friend in a similar situation.

Very dodgy weather tonight. Two tornadoes touched down in town a little while ago and about four more touched down outside of town. Lot of damage downtown but no injuries or fatalities that I've heard of yet.

Just learned something neat with Dropbox. You can connect your dropbox account to the online version of the Microsoft office programs (which is free to use), allowing you to work without needing to own, say, Word or Excel. They may not have the full functionalities of the full versions, but at least it's something if you can't afford the full versions.

So this recent chatter about Dropbox gave me an idea. A character deposits one of his or her Pokemon into the PC system that has a Dropbox-like feature, which stores the Pokemon until either the character withdraws it again, or a second character that they authorize withdraws it sometime later. But what if some nefarious hacker broke into this storage system and stole the Pokemon?

I doubt I'll use it myself, so maybe next week's writing prompt, if there isn't one lined up?

Back
Top Bottom