• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Got to work on a new chapter of Cornova's Poké Wars. Wish me luck!

well, a few days ago i was interviewed by someone from douglas anderson, a high school of the arts where i live. god i really do hope i get in there, she said i had potential.

i was being interviewed for creative writing btw. :V

uhhh, new chapter in my story?

and i need to get to work on the next chapter xD. /lazy

How long would you say an average chapter would be in words? 3k, 5k, 10k?

I just want to make sure I'm not being skimpy on anything.

I'd say about 5k. That should usually do it. Maybe a little bit less would work?

I wouldn't really know, since my fic has monster-sized chapters.

Hmmm. I hope the prologue will be long enough. I mean, I don't want it to be like short, but there's only so much one can put in an introduction without starting a whole new chapter. :c

I'm writing wayyyyy too many things at once. XD Me and my friend are cowriting this novel idea we've had since ninth grade, and we're eaching writing three background novella type stories about the family involved culminating in the final story, Leaves and Flowers.

As my novel editing is coming to a close (on the penultimate chapter now), I'll probably begin planning my next one soon. I only like to work on one or two projects at a time...which makes having about a dozen ideas floating around in my head even more annoying xD

As for chapter length? Well, for my novel, I stick with 4,500 (give or take a few hundred; I've had about 2 chapters go up to 5,000). Originally, they were 9,000 but I realised that my attention would drop about half way through, so I split them up into separate chapters. For Bright World, I'm pretty strict about keeping to 3,000 - although as I approach the final stretch, they will probably get longer.

Thank you everyone for the advice. :) If the prologue is any indication at all, each chapter should be roughly 5,000 words. Woot!

Does anyone know if drinking beer is bad for you? My cousin gave me one to try but if it is bad like cigerrets I dont want it.

A little bit of alcohol is actually good for you, but not too much. Just don't get addicted and you're fine. Otherwise, that stuff will mess you up. It messes up your brain and liver and impairs your driving and such. That's why people say don't drink and drive and friends don't let friends drive drunk.

On the topic of writing, I posted a Zelda fiction thread the other day, so if anyone is interested in something that isn't Pokemon related, I'll be putting up the first chapter here in a moment (I only have the prologue up right now). :]

It actually depends on how old you are. If you're very young (say, early teens or younger) it can alter your neural development. That's not to say that it's the same for everyone. Some peoples' brains develop faster than others, but I'd still say stay away from it until you're at least fifteen. And even then, don't go out and get wasted every Saturday night.

On the topic of writing, I posted a Zelda fiction thread the other day, so if anyone is interested in something that isn't Pokemon related, I'll be putting up the first chapter here in a moment (I only have the prologue up right now). :]

*le gasp* I'm writing Zelda fanfiction too! xD I'll swing by your thread in a minute c:

Back
Top Bottom