• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

So I'm curious now: I usually aim to write at least 1,000 words a day, but what about you guys? Do you do something similar?
Some days it's an accomplishment if I merely open my text editor. I've gotten so bad at procrastinating with my writing.

I know the feeling. I've got a couple of other projects going on, and likely to be ongoing for quite a while, and writing's mostly taken a back seat. But mostly working on other stuff has burned me out quite a bit, often I don't manage to get much done at all. Doesn't help that I'm pretty much back to the planning phase, and have been since I realised that second draft just wasn't working, and then the short 'practice story' failed completely. But I do still intend and hope to get something worthwhile done at some point.

I can't. I currently have no computer access as I am using my tablet. But tomorrow after school I will try to get some writing in.

Use the tablet to take notes. Just notes, to ensure any good thoughts are on hand to be used when you begin writing.

Speaking of writing again, I'm getting some convincing clamour regarding roleplaying again. It's been so long since I last ran a game, let alone wrote an adventure, that I've rather forgotten how to get started

Last edited:
We used to play something every week, but the lure of PC gaming rather eclipsed it as far as most of the group were concerned. I kind of got tired of writing adventures that only stood a 50-50 chance of being used, so I packed it in.

Man, RPing, where my universe first got it's roots with the character A.D, who became one hell of a Marty Stu...

If I weren't busy considering writing right now, I might have considered joining or making an RP.

Oh, Happy Birthday Sam. Hope you had a good day and have many more after.

Hey, I've just noticed...

Yellow_Blue.png

Is... is he keeping his Pokéballs on his boots?

Hm... incidentally, I've set myself a challenge. At no point in my stories will I use the term "Poké". I wanna see how long I can go without falling back on it.

Happy belated birthday @Samantha Prescott! Hope you have a belated celebration. It's mine next week, and I certainly hope I can get a new 8ES chapter out before then...

BTW, if people are having issues replacing awards banners, please message me and I'll try and sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom